How much gold did you get?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
As I've said before, gold is definitely the drop I want most while leveling up my char, and my followers, and my blacksmith, and my stash, and my gems.

Even when it starts dropping in stacks of 200-400g, it's spent before it hits the ground.
04/25/2012 01:21 PMPosted by ATLSmith
Question: Do you think it is better to increase gold find to upgrade the blacksmith and buy gear, or to increase magic find and get gear that way?

Early on I think increasing gold find will be more important, so you can acquire the gold to upgrade the artisans and max out the stash. The early levels will all consist of gear that gets fairly rapidly replaced, so getting a bunch of items won't really be a concern if you ask me.

Later on, once you've got things significantly upgraded, you can switch over to magic find so you can start getting components with which to make your items. It'll be a balance that every player will have to manage themselves.
In 3 days of Open Beta, I got around 50K gold
As I've said before, gold is definitely the drop I want most while leveling up my char, and my followers, and my blacksmith, and my stash, and my gems.

Even when it starts dropping in stacks of 200-400g, it's spent before it hits the ground.

See, this makes me happy. Thanks Kaivax. :)
04/25/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Tygerblood
Also - keep in mind that in the Beta, you were able to repeat the SK quest to gain about 1k gold easily. This will not be able to be done in the live version.

I'm pretty sure with the quest selection before starting a game will allow you to repeat any quest you like.

But you probably won't till Inferno
04/25/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Londrer
In 3 days of Open Beta, I got around 50K gold

Then you bought two inventory tabs and its gone.
As I've said before, gold is definitely the drop I want most while leveling up my char, and my followers, and my blacksmith, and my stash, and my gems.Even when it starts dropping in stacks of 200-400g, it's spent before it hits the ground.

Thanxs for the answer.

Leveling is one thing. End game is another.

And sure, repairs may be costy and make you spend a lot of gold, but if I try and avoid other goldsink (crafting and such) in order to save up money, I'll probably be able to gather some huge pile of golds.

[dieing is not an option, playing HC]

And as a seller, knowing that some people can stack up gold, I will sell at that price some of my best item..

See, this makes me happy. Thanks Kaivax. :)
at least for the beta i had a big problem... I had no gold, then i looked at my stats it said that i had ~60k gold, i think it just burns or falls through my pockets.
I was only around for the open beta and i didnt look at how much gold i gained at the end of it, but i do remember i got the achievement for picking up 10k gold before finishing playing one character to 13.
Nobody realizes that some of the BEST items in the game will be perfect stat craftables. These items will cost who knows in gold (I am sure it will be a TON, since just lvl 12 stuff is around 3K per craft + mats) So you could very easily assume (if it scales linearly that lvl 60 stuff would be 20K ish per craft) Also if you need tons of high end mats you will need to convert your blues and stuff instead of selling thus also limiting the avenues of gold you are acquiring. Now how many crafts will it take to get those perfect stats with the best % modifiers? 100? 1,000? 10,000?

Tons of ways to spend gold.
Speaking of sinks, has there been any discussion or official word on exactly how much repairs will be at the later levels? So far the best answer I've personally seen is "a lot".
Nobody realizes that some of the BEST items in the game will be perfect stat craftables. These items will cost who knows in gold (I am sure it will be a TON, since just lvl 12 stuff is around 3K per craft + mats) So you could very easily assume (if it scales linearly that lvl 60 stuff would be 20K ish per craft) Also if you need tons of high end mats you will need to convert your blues and stuff instead of selling thus also limiting the avenues of gold you are acquiring. Now how many crafts will it take to get those perfect stats with the best % modifiers? 100? 1,000? 10,000? Tons of ways to spend gold.

Perfect example. By the way, last time i've looked, craft HL costed like 150K-170k :)

But lets say you craft 20 of these and got insanely lucky and have a good rare....you will sell it for a lot more than what it costed you, right?

I am the only one who have troubles with lots of zero's behind a 1 ? If yes, I should really try to get used to it then ^^
In the open beta, I got around 10 or 15 hours in, and totaled up around 100k gold.
Inflation may indeed become an issue if not monitored, but gold becoming worthless is definitely something blizzard is watching out for, and it's something that could be hotfixed/tweaked very easily through adjusting repair/crafting/levelling costs and such.

I used to worry about it, but not so much now.

200-400g per drop? So much for 10,000g = $1 that many have been claiming. That'll be nothing.

I plan on leveling my merchants, and buying max stash space before actually making items (for maximum benefits, and less gold wasted on items that will be replaced fast).. but there's probably some item or something that you need that will make that impossible to do.

04/25/2012 12:48 PMPosted by CyberGoat
Also - keep in mind that in the Beta, you were able to repeat the SK quest to gain about 1k gold easily. This will not be able to be done in the live version.

Why the heck not? You can pick and choose anything you want to farm in live too... and you'll be able to farm higher level stuff. 10k/hr is possible now with ease, at level 30 or so 30k/hr is probably easily possible. This is without gold increasing gear.
I have to say i'm pleased with the way gold felt, even for the short 3 day open beta. I felt like I never had enough gold. Whereas in D2 gold was a nuisance item that wasn't worth the time it took to pick it up in virtually all cases. D3 gold feels valuable, and this is good.

Crafting starts to cost large amounts of gold later on, and there's always repairs and other large single expenses, like training, stash size, etc. There are plenty of things to do with gold that make it intrinsically valuable.