Is Leah Possessed?

General Discussion
Ok, so Leah is the daughter of Adria and "a mighty warrior who died when Tristram fell".

Adria met Aidan after he slew Diablo and realized what had happened. She "comforted him as best she could."

So Leah is very likely the daughter of Adria and Aidan (the warrior from Diablo 1). She was conceived while Aidan was fighting possession by Diablo and physically had the soulstone embedded in his skull.

The Book of Cain mentions Leah has dark visions, which have been triggered by the presence of demonic runes in the past.

Draw your own conclusions.

EDIT: Actually, let me clarify, because apparently some of you have difficulty drawing conclusions. Yes, I know Aidan is Leah's father. I said so in my post. The issue is whether or not she is possessed by Diablo or something similar.
Well, actually, yeah, this has been confirmed.
One moment... Let me grab my tin foil hat...

TIS A CONSPIRACY!
this thread is new and exciting
I just finished the Book of Cain earlier tonight. Cain all but flat-out says that Aidan is Leah's father.

What this means is where the interesting story arises: Aidan and Adria left Tristram at approximately the same time prior to Diablo 2 starting, and Adria was pregnant with Leah when she left. Cain indicates Aidan was down in the catacombs for quite some time (months) before he was seen again, covered in blood and demon ichor and indicating Diablo had been dealt with.

A reasonable conclusion, then, would be that Aidan got Adria pregnant after he came back to Tristram's surface.

Which means he had Diablo's soulstone embedded in his forehead at that time.

Which means there might be more to Leah than meets the eye.
I just finished the Book of Cain earlier tonight. Cain all but flat-out says that Aidan is Leah's father.

What this means is where the interesting story arises: Aidan and Adria left Tristram at approximately the same time prior to Diablo 2 starting, and Adria was pregnant with Leah when she left. Cain indicates Aidan was down in the catacombs for quite some time (months) before he was seen again, covered in blood and demon ichor and indicating Diablo had been dealt with.

A reasonable conclusion, then, would be that Aidan got Adria pregnant after he came back to Tristram's surface.

Which means he had Diablo's soulstone embedded in his forehead at that time.

Which means there might be more to Leah than meets the eye.

That's just too easy. I HIGHLY doubt it's all this simple.

Does she have some part to play, obviously. Is she the new Diablo? Doubtful me thinks.
Nah, I don't think she's the new Diablo. I'm fairly convinced at this point we'll be facing off against the true forms of Mephisto, Baal and Diablo, mysteriously returned from the Abyss.

I personally have a concern that the "fallen star" is actually Tyrael. Mark my words: Barbarians will be smacking the angel with big weapons at some point in the game.

If anything, I see Leah as more of an opportunity for there to be a Diablo 4 in 2022. ;)
oh my sweet lawdzzzzz.... goodnight sweet leah.. i will enjoy slaying your demonic body
How does one get "comforted" with a shard of stone embedded in their skull?

"Sorry babe but I can't...I have a splitting headache."

+1
04/28/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Blazur
Draw your own conclusions.

Lol'd irl
tell me more
She is either going to be the new Diablo, OR she will be a sort of hybred.. higher chance of being the new Diablo considering her conversation with another demon in one of her dreams.
04/28/2012 10:54 PMPosted by theSkaBoss
Well, actually, yeah, this has been confirmed.

Its been confirmed that she is possessed by Diablo?

Oh, wait, no it hasn't. But thanks for confirming that you have nothing to contribute.
Hurray for retcons!
I believe Leah is Diablo.

Watch this again: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/videos/?keywords=&view#/black-soulstone

When Azmodan is talking to Leah it is like he addressing Diablo personally. "Our brethren"

When the demon that manipulated you to put the stone in your head in the first place is performing the next step in his nefarious plan. Have his seed be planted to eventually take root in the world of Sanctuary. Makes sense enough.

What chick doesn't want to lay with a hero that just crawled out of a flaming hole while covered in demon juice anyhow? Better than acqua di gio, I can tell ya.