DH finalized build, your opinions, plox.

Demon Hunter
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYXfQ!Yec!YZcZYa

This is going to be my build for my demon hunter, I still have some test out to see wether Rapid fire will be more valid than elemental arrow. And depending on what items sets abilities I can get, the runes might change a little bit.

Important notes : it seems smoke screen is absolutely necessary at higher levels to be able to survive, but I thought caltrops was more viable with the 10% crit than having a bat out for Hatred regen.

Evasive fire will allow to just drop a trap, run forward to the enemy, punt yourself back 40 yards, and drop another trap for the crits. while snaring most of the enemies in front to help with the passive. As well as the elemental slowing arrow.

Finally the multi shot for added AoE purposes, to me, it seems overall well balanced but might require a little bit more adjustement for the Single target DPS

I will also be using a 2H crossbow because due to calculation, if I boost my crit high enough, it is definitely the highest damage output.
seems like a decent build. personally i would use either multishot or elemental arrow, might lose some aoe if you drop multishot but id replace it in this build for prep with focused mind encase of emergencies. seems like a solid build though.
It's an all around good build. My only suggestion is that with this type of build (Evasive Fire) Caltrops would benefit you more with a different rune, such as torturous ground or jagged spikes.

The reason I just suggest that is because I envision Bait the Trap to be of more use by a DH that's on the front lines.

Anyways, just a suggestion for you to think about.

Two weeks left!
It's an all around good build. My only suggestion is that with this type of build (Evasive Fire) Caltrops would benefit you more with a different rune, such as torturous ground or jagged spikes.

The reason I just suggest that is because I envision Bait the Trap to be of more use by a DH that's on the front lines.

Anyways, just a suggestion for you to think about.

Two weeks left!

Well, if unsprung traps still give you Bait the Trap buff, it's just as useful without having to get close. But we do not know at this moment.
05/01/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Narph
I will also be using a 2H crossbow because due to calculation, if I boost my crit high enough, it is definitely the highest damage output.

That's a lot of crit you need though. I believe it's around 33% to surpass bows with Archery. It might take quite a while to get that much.

I'm also not so sure about using Elemental Arrow as a main damage dealer. Sure it's cheap, but your Hungering Arrow deals more damage single target. I like the versatility of Elemental Arrow as a secondary damage dealer with its ability to be runed for slow, fear, stun, or life steal, but it just doesn't have that single target oomph.
In all honesty I'm considering putting Elemental Arrow w/ Frost Arrow in some of my builds because its a really cheap slow and depending on how many arrows it breaks into/if they pierce like a normal Elemental arrow, it could be really powerful group control even though its duration is rather short.

I would also consider switching out Evasive Fire for Vault. It sounds like it's mainly in your build for the movement as opposed to the small amount of damage it does and Vault offers you 5 yards more of distance useable on demand and in the exact direction you desire along with runes on top of that. It's a little more expensive, but it just means you'll be choosing between Vault or Smoke Screen so you have a different defensive move for whatever situation you find yourself in.
05/01/2012 04:59 PMPosted by LtShaft
In all honesty I'm considering putting Elemental Arrow w/ Frost Arrow in some of my builds because its a really cheap slow and depending on how many arrows it breaks into/if they pierce like a normal Elemental arrow, it could be really powerful group control even though its duration is rather short.

Exactly what I might be doing as well depending on how good it is with the cull the weak passive.