the green items!!! rmah

General Discussion
We all know that in Diablo 2 the green items or (Set pieces) where not really rare, but they were not the easiest to find.

In Diablo 3 you can't find set pieces until Inferno If I recall correctly since they all require lvl 60 to equip and they are very big on damage and defense. However, I also saw a video about Set Pieces a while ago back in 2011 or early 2012 talking about how their are now "set tombs" that can drop and you bring them back to the artisan and they can craft the entire set!

Out of curiosity who is going to be selling the tombs themselves and who is going to be selling the set pieces they craft out of them??

In many cases this seems almost like an instant money maker considering how coveted set pieces were in Diablo 2!

Every set piece could easily go for 250USD on RMAH and if you happen to sell the tomb itself it could go higher then the 250 limit.

Of course if you just use the tomb to craft the items and sell the items themselves you could probably keep a steady income for some time. Of course you would have to make sure not to flood the market too much or your set items will become worthless =(
I hope there isn't a way to find/craft the whole set at once. Part of the fun was trying to piece together a set and trading for the pieces.
Eh, dunno. I'd like to hunt around for low level sets. I hope there are more sets in the game than what's on the items page. >>
Think you mean tomes, and since we haven't heard anything about them in a couple years, they might have been cut. Finding set items might be the only venue now.
05/04/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Exustwo
I hope there isn't a way to find/craft the whole set at once. Part of the fun was trying to piece together a set and trading for the pieces.

Agree in every regard.
Yeah set items seem a lot more interesting this time around. The game guide isn't up to date so hopefully there are more.
I think it would be great if there were LOTS of different sets. Certainly more than what I suspect will be available at release. Set items, particularly if there are uber many, realy can add a certian flare and pizzaz to item hunting.
There are lower level sets. They just don't have all the items up in the database.
Database is incomplete until release. There will be low-level sets.
I'd imagine there will be sets all throughout the game while leveling. I hope they are keeping the crafted sets too, I will most definitely be selling the items themselves if I find one of those tomes.
05/04/2012 08:47 PMPosted by Babdah
Think you mean tomes, and since we haven't heard anything about them in a couple years, they might have been cut. Finding set items might be the only venue now.

That a shame I kind of liked the possibility to craft every item in a set. . . would make the artisan more useful ..otherwise I just wont need him!
I'm at the end of act 4 in NightMare diff. and i have not seen a single set, this takes so much fun out of the game, Diablo 2 was great for finding those low level sets and trying to complete them, Diablo 3, i hear you can't even find or equip a set until lvl 60? really? for a game that heavily drives on LOOT aquisition they sure slipped on this one, Im sick of every item being a blue. I still think the game is fun but its becoming a drag when theres nothing to strive for in completing set pieces. Please bring back lower lvl sets!