How do I send items to friends?

General Discussion
05/04/2012 10:43 PMPosted by TheAtomiser
Put on gold auction house for an inflated price. Get friend to buy with his gold. Give friend gold back. Win.

And how will he be giving the gold back? By also putting that on the auction house? ;)
05/04/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Faol
I would do the same for your items good sir... trust me, they will get delivered or I'll die trying. Tell me something: how much mail can a dead Postman deliver?

If it is such an honor to deliver thusly the mail, perhaps you should be paying me gold and items to allow you to deliver the mail to my friend!

05/04/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Capii
ask his account, log into another computer enter the same game and transfer the items yourself.. deal done...

No no no, that's just asking for account compromise at some point. Too awkward, I draw the line at sharing account information. Sending items to him is one thing, asking for his account info is another.
Too bad for ya.. i would reconsider this friendship!
friends share everything but their moms and arses.. haha

Uhh, you share your bank account information with your friends? I think there's a pretty normal distinction between getting your friend a gift and allowing him access to your money so he can buy himself a gift.
05/04/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Faol
If it is such an honor to deliver thusly the mail, perhaps you should be paying me gold and items to allow you to deliver the mail to my friend!

When society starts asking for money to have the honor of delivering one's mail... you know it's gone to !@#$.

You sir are lucky that I am too honorable to withdraw my services as you would be out of a postman with such disgusting talk, but luckily for you I don't turn my back on mail. Even if it is a pompous %^-'s mail.

Can I make you send me mail so I can see you twice a day?
05/04/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Faol
You sir are lucky that I am too honorable to withdraw my services as you would be out of a postman with such disgusting talk, but luckily for you I don't turn my back on mail. Even if it is a pompous %^-'s mail.

But what recourse do I have if you "accidentally lost the mail"?

Or like you said, how much mail can a dead postman deliver? You could just claim you died trying to deliver it.
You put item for a ridiculous price on AH (A)

Friend puts up another worthless item for ridiculous price (B)

Friend buys your item, you buy friend's item.

Amount your friend paid will be (A - B), assuming negligible worth of friend's item
You put item for a ridiculous price on AH (A)

Friend puts up another worthless item for ridiculous price (B)

Friend buys your item, you buy friend's item.

Amount your friend paid will be (A - B), assuming negligible worth of friend's item

You forgot the 15% fee once an item sells, so all in all we've lost 15% from A, and 15% from B.

There should be a better way than trying to game the auction house or going through intermediaries for people who merely want to send items to their friends.
I think OP was kinda hoping there would be an element of "surprise" as is with mail. It's random and unexpected and makes the recipient feel good to get something out of nowhere. :D

Definitely. But it's really for practicality, since my friend and I don't play at overlapping times.
Another option no one has mentioned, albeit risky because we don't know how blizz will handle logging out idle players, and internet could go out, etc etc

Log in, make a game with a password only he knows, throw your stuff on the ground, go afk and /nap.

He logs in, enters with pass, grabs his swag.

You forgot the 15% fee once an item sells, so all in all we've lost 15% from A, and 15% from B.

There should be a better way than trying to game the auction house or going through intermediaries for people who merely want to send items to their friends.

doesn't the 15% apply only to RMAH?
Another option no one has mentioned, albeit risky because we don't know how blizz will handle logging out idle players, and internet could go out, etc etc

Log in, make a game with a password only he knows, throw your stuff on the ground, go afk and /nap.

He logs in, enters with pass, grabs his swag.

Clever, but like you said, we don't know how blizz handles idle games.
rock !@#$
we need mail... just saying
05/16/2012 07:33 AMPosted by headache
we need mail... just saying

Agreed/