'One of the Chosen'

General Discussion
Prev 1 168 169 170
05/10/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Grumgore
Reported for spamming

When you fully quote the spam, you are also spamming...

i like turtles :D
05/10/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Venomheart
that would imply that it was closed at some point.

It was locked, when it hit the post cap for the third time.
Did they increase this thread limit?

Good. No to FoS for beta testers.
05/10/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Robes
Luck is not a feat, its luck.

You mean like being lucky enough to have clicked the purchase ticket button in the correct split second there are still Blizzcon tickets available?

There are FoS for being a Blizzcon attendee, which is literally EXACTLY THE SAME SITUATION as being a chosen beta participant.

There is an initial lottery. Few are Chosen. Then, if you're really hardcore and you really want to attend Blizzcon / get a beta key, you can purchase entry for a ridiculous sum of money or you can go the contest route and win your entry via skill or even more luck. Thousands of beta keys were released through fansites, sweepstakes and contests. It is no different than the Blizzcon FoS's. Yet I haven't seen anyone up in arms about those?

Anyways, LOL @ 3,400 posts about such a trivial topic. Very seldom do I feel sorry for Blizzard, but I can't help but empathize with how ridiculous their forumites are being on this one.

I love you Robes, Ive been chatting with you on these forums since day 1 when it opened up. You just dont know who I am because I am in disquise :)

But I will still have to disagree that luck is a feat. If they are going to give feats for "luck", then they need to rename it to something different. A Feat is something you worked hard at that could be near impossible to get. Or you were there on that day to get it. It shows that you are loyal at least.

But this was 100% not my fault. No matter what I do, there is 100% chance I will not get it because its only based on one thing. "Does blizzard want to give it to me, or not? "

There was nothing I could do but opt in and try to do contests. Pure luck.

Perhaps renaming it to... Luck Achievements or something. Then we can know they are worthless. :)
05/10/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Mickjabber

You mean like being lucky enough to have clicked the purchase ticket button in the correct split second there are still Blizzcon tickets available?

There are FoS for being a Blizzcon attendee, which is literally EXACTLY THE SAME SITUATION as being a chosen beta participant.

There is an initial lottery. Few are Chosen. Then, if you're really hardcore and you really want to attend Blizzcon / get a beta key, you can purchase entry for a ridiculous sum of money or you can go the contest route and win your entry via skill or even more luck. Thousands of beta keys were released through fansites, sweepstakes and contests. It is no different than the Blizzcon FoS's. Yet I haven't seen anyone up in arms about those?

Anyways, LOL @ 3,400 posts about such a trivial topic. Very seldom do I feel sorry for Blizzard, but I can't help but empathize with how ridiculous their forumites are being on this one.

I love you Robes, Ive been chatting with you on these forums since day 1 when it opened up. You just dont know who I am because I am in disquise :)

But I will still have to disagree that luck is a feat. If they are going to give feats for "luck", then they need to rename it to something different. A Feat is something you worked hard at that could be near impossible to get. Or you were there on that day to get it. It shows that you are loyal at least.

But this was 100% not my fault. No matter what I do, there is 100% chance I will not get it because its only based on one thing. "Does blizzard want to give it to me, or not? "

There was nothing I could do but opt in and try to do contests. Pure luck.

Perhaps renaming it to... Luck Achievements or something. Then we can know they are worthless. :)

Couldn't agree more

except for the loving robes part.

Ah, so you don't perceive Feats in WoW as worthless? They don't count toward your achievement progress and do not hinder your ability to complete 100% progression, and they're aesthetic in their nature. Is this not the meaning of a trivial reward? Bearing no actual benefit?
I appreciate everyone who has added to the discussion, but looking at the current conversation it appears this thread has gone far from the originating topic. If there're a more specific point you'd like to discuss further, I ask that you search to ensure a thread doesn't already exist, and then go ahead and create a new one if it doesn't.