"One of the Chosen" Feat of Strength

General Discussion
Prev 1 146 147 148 151 Next
People getting mad over a friggen sigil? Favoritism? I got beta and only have SC2 registered to my acct.

Grow up and whine less...
People getting mad over a friggen sigil? Favoritism? I got beta and only have SC2 registered to my acct.

People are making statements of disagreement, so are you.

Or am I supposed to tell you to grow up and stop whining about whiners?

Grow up whine less about whiners, or better yet dont even post or read the thread that has the whiners in it.
Please just unlock the closed beta Sigil for everyone and everything will be just fine. Thanks!
Blizz, i just want to thank you for giving me beta on both my battle.net accounts and my wife's account also, we had soooooo much fun playing together, and the FoS makes it that much better. lulz to the "Un-Chosen"
To not give everyone a chance at an achievement is complete rubbish! A feat of strength by getting RANDOMLY chosen to participate in a limited BETA?! REALLY?! Might as well give out achievements for being the 12000th person to log in on June 7, 2010... Oh wait... nobody could actually EARN that? Perhaps you should look up the definition of the word 'ACHIEVEMENT' or 'FEAT'.

I'll even help you out:

a·chieve·ment
[uh-cheev-muhnt] Show IPA
noun
something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed: his remarkable achievements in art.
act of achieving; attainment or accomplishment: the achievement of one's object.
Heraldry . the full display of the armorial bearings of an individual or corporation.

feat
1. a noteworthy or extraordinary act or achievement, usually displaying boldness, skill, etc.: Arranging the treaty was a diplomatic feat.
Obsolete . a specialized skill; profession.

So how is this FEAT of STRENGTH for beta an accomplishment or noteworthy act in any way shape or form?
Holy shh... People still care about this?
To not give everyone a chance at an achievement is complete rubbish! A feat of strength by getting RANDOMLY chosen to participate in a limited BETA?! REALLY?! Might as well give out achievements for being the 12000th person to log in on June 7, 2010... Oh wait... nobody could actually EARN that? Perhaps you should look up the definition of the word 'ACHIEVEMENT' or 'FEAT'.

I'll even help you out:

a·chieve·ment
[uh-cheev-muhnt] Show IPA
noun
something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed: his remarkable achievements in art.
act of achieving; attainment or accomplishment: the achievement of one's object.
Heraldry . the full display of the armorial bearings of an individual or corporation.

feat
1. a noteworthy or extraordinary act or achievement, usually displaying boldness, skill, etc.: Arranging the treaty was a diplomatic feat.
Obsolete . a specialized skill; profession.

So how is this FEAT of STRENGTH for beta an accomplishment or noteworthy act in any way shape or form?

A Feat of Strength isn't the same as an Achievement. It is worth no points. It changes nothing for completion types, 95% of which aren't the whiners in this thread anyway.

In summation:

QQ.
Why do people think this is an achievement?

Here, read it again.

In celebration of a successful beta test, all players who were invited to participate in the Diablo III closed beta will receive the commemorative Feat of Strength, "One of the Chosen." For eligible players, this feat will appear automatically in the Feat of Strength list after logging in for the first time as well as unlock a unique sigil that can be used on character banners.

In order to be eligible for "One of the Chosen," you must have had a Diablo III closed beta license attached to your Battle.net account (it isn't necessary to have downloaded or logged into the beta itself). Please note that players who participated only in the Open Beta Weekend, but were not invited to the closed beta, will not receive this Feat of Strength.

Thank you once again to all of our beta participants. We look forward to seeing you in Sanctuary!

See anything about achievements? No? me either.
love all the qq in this thread. You do realize that achievements like this do absolutely NOTHING to affect gameplay right? So what if beta testers get a special FOS and Sigil, its not like they are getting release any earlier, nor are they getting any special xp boosts or anything like that associated with the sigil. Im sorry people but the worlds not fair, I was in closed beta so Ill be receiving this but if I wasnt I think I'd learn to live with it.
Wow some people must be very stupid. You can't see why people are upset?

Getting into the beta WAS the reward, and to add on top of that a feat of strength? And to make it worse give it a title so flamboyant and epic as "The Chosen"... and you still can't see why people are not happy? Over 300 pages, it's not whining, it's legitimate frustration. It should have never been given out.
Why do people think this is an achievement?

Here, read it again.

In celebration of a successful beta test, all players who were invited to participate in the Diablo III closed beta will receive the commemorative Feat of Strength, "One of the Chosen." For eligible players, this feat will appear automatically in the Feat of Strength list after logging in for the first time as well as unlock a unique sigil that can be used on character banners.

In order to be eligible for "One of the Chosen," you must have had a Diablo III closed beta license attached to your Battle.net account (it isn't necessary to have downloaded or logged into the beta itself). Please note that players who participated only in the Open Beta Weekend, but were not invited to the closed beta, will not receive this Feat of Strength.

Thank you once again to all of our beta participants. We look forward to seeing you in Sanctuary!

See anything about achievements? No? me either.
]

Last I checked Feats of Strength were acheivements, reading comprehension FTW, you should have taken your ITEDs more srsly
Wow some people must be very stupid. You can't see why people are upset?

Getting into the beta WAS the reward, and to add on top of that a feat of strength? And to make it worse give it a title so flamboyant and epic as "The Chosen"... and you still can't see why people are not happy? Over 300 pages, it's not whining, it's legitimate frustration. It should have never been given out.

Lol Brah, another Epic Fail, says nothing about a title, just an achievement and a Sigil. If you dont understand what sigils are you should definitely check out the game guide
I just love how everyone is pissed off about not getting into beta even more now that they are giving us a sigil for it( understandably so, I'd be upset just not enough to go to forum over it) but they keep trying to change it around like its the words they use, they could have made up a new category called worthless !@#$ put it under that heading and the same people complaining bout word definitions would still be here. my point, %^-*! about what you came to @#$%^ about.
so they have 392 graphics cards unsupported. well blizz what now how many people cant play diablo 3 becuase of it well maybe some of us have those cards cuase computures are freakin expensive to buy so why not make those cards supported somehow and make more money in the proccess cuase i tell u right now alot of people wont be able to play and dont have the money to grab a $400 graphics card to be able to support the game.
05/09/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Orcninja
Lylirra, has anyone told you have beautiful you are today?

it says it was edited.. but im not seeing it

i guess he or she tryed hard
you know what i love most about this? i busted my !@# and got Beta-Maxed in the WEEKEND. WEEK. END. 2 DAYS. and i worked hard enough and got EVERY ACHIEVEMENT. and what do i, and people LIKE me get? nothing. but if you was lucky enough to get an invite for the beta oh HELL YEAH a FoS AND a sigil. this is so unfair its almost comical.
its as if my favorite video game company just spit in My, my friends, and billions of fan's faces all at once.
we buy your games, your merchandise, await every SHRED of info about the games you produce... and this is how you treat us? it makes no sense but go for it. im going to enjoy seeing the S-Storm that blows over this one.
For what it's worth, I have been a Diablo fan since Diablo 1 got me addicted to video gaming in the first place. I would sneak out of bed at night, and get on my computer after my parents were asleep to search for books to up my spell levels on my Sorcerer.

I entered sweepstakes, updated my computer specs regularly, and really wanted into the Diablo beta as well. I didn't get in, and I've been an AVID fan of Diablo 1 and spent a great amount of time while at WSU leveling a great number of characters to 99 in Diablo 2.

While it sucks that I didn't get in either, and am not an OCD completionist, I understand the pain of the un-chosen. I don't really care about some stupid sigil, but it really DOES seem that Blizzard poorly implemented this Feat of Strength to be essentially luck based, and further rub in the noses of the un-chosen.

I would recommend the Feat of Strength be given to those testers who actually DID something, so that it is earned. Something like "3 useful bug reports submitted" or something would infuriate almost no one, because it would be earned, and not just griefing the un-chosen. I know there would still be those that cry about not having had the opportunity to pursue the FoS, but at least the FoS would have some meaning if it was substantively earned.
I'm pretty unhappy that they have a feat of strength and sigil for getting into the closed beta. It's not the reward that I'm unhappy with, but the fact that they are giving one out. If people had to do some really challenging task, fair enough, but as someone who failed to get invited it only adds insult to injury.