What are you reading?

Movies, Books, and TV
I'm reading the amazing spiderman. I've actually never read any of them but had an innate love for the movies. So, went to a comic book store asked someone what's the best way to start, and out of the two he gave me I decided to go retro and re the 1-13# of the amazing spiderman from the marvel masterworks. Great choice.
Second book in Lies of Locke Lamora series.
I have been reading most of the Tom Clancy novels like Black Hawk Down, Splinter Cell oh and im finishing up the Bourne Legacy novel which is pretty sick.
1Q84
I am currently re-reading The Summer of the Ubume by Natsuhiko Kyogoku and Drops of God graphic novels by Tadashi Agi
08/07/2012 01:55 AMPosted by judeobscure
1Q84

Sweet lord does that book take forever. It was an interesting book and I love Murakami, but in my opinion the story seemed to drag at times.

As for myself, just finished reading IT as well as the Eragon books, and am now on The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.
I just started reading Mistborn, the first in the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson.

I just finished Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein and The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. They are both about sci-fi war and the philosophy behind it. I thoroughly enjoyed them both.

Starship Troopers promotes the glory of war while The Forever War portrays war as useless and a waste of life, time, and money.
Just finished The Dream of Perpetual Motion, by Dexter Palmer. It was a very, very, bitter book. Moreso if you've ever been in love... I quite enjoyed it.
A people's history of the world.

700+ page book on class struggle throughout history.

No, it isn't for a class. It is for "fun". Addicting once you get into it. Not just this book, but well-written books on class struggle in general.

Read mostly non-fiction these days, but I've been slowly getting back into fiction. With the huge disappointment in gaming over the last few years, I've turned back to my original hobby of reading fiction. Sat down and read the first book of "The Ranger's Apprentice". Aimed towards children and highly unoriginal and predictable, but was still very entertaining. Read the whole thing through in one sitting.
Game of thrones
and Assassin's Creed (all of them from the Altair era) again.
Systematic Theology by Louis Berkhof. Very good so far.

Divine Comedy. Inferno was great, Purgatory was okay, Paradise is boring so far.

The Coming Race by Edward Bulwer-Lytton should be arriving in the mail soon. I enjoy hollow earth stories. My two favorites are The Mound by HP Lovecraft and First Men in the Moon by HG Wells. Check it, yo!
I just finished Azimov's "The Gods Themselves" and planning to re-read Zelazny's "This Immortal" next week. Amazing stuff to revisit every once in a while...
05/14/2012 09:45 PMPosted by pix
Just starting book 9 of "The Wheel of Time".

Honestly, these books have gotten... bloated. It's a little rough to keep going. Still, I can't stop because when it is good, it's the best.

I might actually use D3 as a break from the reading :D

Book nine is when it finally stops feeling like a chore to read them. That whole stretch from 4-8 is pretty painful at times.
Currently the Game Of Thrones and Divergent series'.
I just finished reading Amped by Daniel Wilson. Wasn't my usual bag of tea, but it was really good and finished it in two days. It's a sci-fi dystopian future type book. Technology vs traditions type things. I really enjoyed it, especially as someone with disabilities that would seriously consider the tech implants involved in it.

The Stranger by Harlan Coben was great, if you're in to mysteries. I didn't really see the ending coming and I generally can figure most books/movies/tv shows out. Finished this one in one afternoon! Haha.

Blood's Pride by Evie Manieri was awesome, good fantasy book. Loved the world setting and was a good story with a lot of good characters.

Reliquary by Sarah Fine. It was okay. A little more into that Harlequin novels type of books than I generally read, but I was out of books to read and that was suggested by my wife. /shrug/

Cain's Blood by Geoffrey Girard. Holy crap, this book was both fantastic and in parts, sickening. I loved it and hated that it ended.

Also, the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series is a personal favorite by George R. R. Martin and any of the Warcraft Novels. Christie Golden is a great writer!
And if you want a classic, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.
Unscripted by MJ Demarco
I'm going to re-read Dune again and the sequels by Frank Herbert. If you haven't read it, you really should read it. It has inspired most modern stories of heroes or warring factions and it explains things like foresight and prophecy far better than anything else. Aside from that it's just a great story.
I Am That by Nisargadatta Maharaj.