Early Install? Cant find it.

Technical Support
Digital Presale Download

If you’ve purchased a digital copy you can begin downloading your client right now, and we highly encourage you to do so. We also have a Diablo III presale visual guide available that may be helpful. As it may take you some time to download the full game, it’s best that you begin early. This may afford you additional time to troubleshoot any downloader or installer issues you may encounter.

VS

Early Install

We will be unlocking the game's installer at 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14. This will allow you to begin installing the game, troubleshoot any issues you run into, download and install the launch day 1.0.1 patch, and be ready to play as soon as the servers come online.

----------
My assumption with the two things stated above is that anyone can download and install come 8:01am PDT.. its 12:30 EST and I dont see an option for client downloads in my account. (cant get the key because i dont have the collectors box yet)

where are we supposed to find this 'early install' (pre-purchases online have been going all weekend to my knowledge)
f you’ve purchased a digital copy you can begin downloading your client right now, and we highly encourage you to do so.
Early Install

We will be unlocking the game's installer at 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14. This will allow you to begin installing the game, troubleshoot any issues you run into, download and install the launch day 1.0.1 patch, and be ready to play as soon as the servers come online.
they posted these things back to back on the prep guide... i reposted them here. to me its implied that anyone can DL come 8:01 PDT

thanks for reading what i was inquiring about
The early install link is not in my "game client" tab on my bnet account either... any ideas why?
If you purchased the game online or have the WoW Annual Pass then the game download will be available under your Account Management on the web site. Download it from there. Run the Setup.exe file. When it is done, it will give you the option to Install. Once installation is complete you just have to wait for servers to go live to log in.

If you were like me and downloaded it weeks ago you just have to navigate to your Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer folder under My Documents (or where ever you put it) and run the Setup.exe file again. It will verify you have all the files and let you install.
I haven't found anything useful for this. My only guess is that even though the 'prep guide' states the things I talked about it seems that it is only digital pre-purchases. BUT that's why im confused, as i've heard of several from friends who got that VS a hard copy and have been able to download since Friday/Saturday (not monday 8:01am PDT).

Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5338015/Launch_Day_Preparation_Guide-5_14_2012#blog

The fact that the two things [Digital Presale] and [Early Install] have there own white, underlined paragraphs like everything else IMPLIES that the two are not related. If they are and this is simply a mis-type then I feel a blue post / thread or correction to the guide is needed.
The two are indeed different!

1. If you purchased the game online or had the WoW Annual Pass then you could pre-download the game. This opened up weeks ago. However, you could not INSTALL it yet.

2. As of this morning, every one who had downloaded it could now install.

3. At 12:01 PDT tomorrow we will be able to do step three - log in and play!

Because these really are two different things that happened at different times the guide addresses them separately. If you need to know how to install a pre-downloaded copy then I covered it in my last post :)
you must have posted right as I had. But thank you for clearing that up!

Who ever typed up that guide should have done a better job explaining..
I have a question about this and don't want to start my own thread. I just finished running the installer, and now have the D3 icon on my desktop. When I click on it, I get the launcher, play button, and the message next to the play button says initializing. If I click on play nothing happens. I don't know if it's supposed to launch the game (where I'll be told I can't play yet), or just get a message that it's not ready yet, but having nothing happening seems wrong. Is that normal?

Edit: I just fixed it by resetting, and running D3 as an administrator. In hindsight I should have done that first, but if anyone else has that problem hopefully this will work for them.
I did not pre-purchase, I am going to get my CE tonight. But two of my friends who also are getting retail copies tonight have both been able to through there bnet accounts predownload the game. I think this is the "early install" but for some crazy reason my account doesnt have the option. it is under "game client downloads" on the bnet account page...

Its just missing.. which is crazy.
Gavin, your friends either have the Annual Pass for WoW which comes with a free copy of D3 or they purchased the game online. Only those people were able to Pre-Download the game (starting weeks ago) and then install starting this morning. If you purchased the game at a store then you are going to have to wait until you get your hands on the game disks to install.
Misscheetah you are bad, they didn't do either of those things.... the Early install that is being listed is for anyone and everyone so that when you purchase your retail copy you can authenticate your key and be ready to go when servers go live.

Blizzard pretty much knew that they were going to get overloaded with people patching, so they are letting people install all day today and patch fully so there isnt as much of a CF tonight...

Anyway it won't matter in about 6 hours... but still its annoying..
If I am incorrect so be it but please, show me where it says you can get the game files (officially off the Blizz site) and install without having purchased it. The Launch Day Preparation Guide clearly states you need to purchase the game as a first step. The installer also asked you to put in your game key or verify that it is activated BEFORE you can install. I am open to being corrected though so please link me to where people who have not purchased the game and have not activated it/have no key can download and install!
I cant run the setup.exe file. howcome?
Thagani, you may want to try the suggestions posted in the Sticky at the top of the forum here. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903950606
Thanks, jsut tried it but still no cigar. starting to look like i'll have to re-dowload the pre donload.