Being Below minimum specifications

Technical Support
05/14/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Badfinger
Those stuck, clear your C:\ProgramData\battle.net directory and try again, if you get a video card isn't good enough box, hit ESC and it will apparently continue.

Will this screw with my WoW?
for the ones getting stuck at 0-1% try reading this i did it and worked for me http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903950606
CPU: AMD Athlon 3500+ (~2.3 GHz)
Mem: 2.5 GB
Vid: NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
HDD: Way more than 12 GB...

I have ensured secondary logon is enabled, I have deleted my battle.net cache, I have deleted C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder and had it re-downloaded. I still get the returning pop-up stating "Below Minimum Specifications" which, admittedly, I am. However, I played Beta without too much of an issue and read that any graphical 'stuttering' was likely due to the game not being optimized during the Beta. Hence I went ahead and purchased CE, and after paying $100, I can't even INSTALL the game?

Blue, where are you on this one?
I will kill one murloc every hour until this is resolved...
05/14/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Salius
I will kill one murloc every hour until this is resolved...

ditto, played beta just fine with a "below minimum specs" computer, now INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
NAVIGATE TO: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\battle.net\Agent).

Start the agent application manually (RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, COMPATIBILITY MODE WIN XP SP3) and after that start Diablo III launcher OR the setup file in your Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer folder (again, running as ADMINISTRATOR with COMPATIBILITY MODE WIN XP SP3).
While appreciated, it did not work for me. I have also disabled my NIS Smart FireWall and AntiVirus temporarily to no avail. For the record, I am installing from the CE DVD. Murloc genocide inc....
nazer, i have the same exact problem
Ok, so after getting frustrated with the install screen at 0% and getting the "below minimum requirements" over and over and canceling the install screen a couple times, suddenly it's been installed on the computer, I have a desktop shortcut and it runs fine. . .literally do NOT know how it managed to do that.
Would you like to come over and sit at my computer hitting ok to all of the below minimum specifications windows while I find something more productive to do with my time? :D It's not like I paid for the game or anything...
I have:

Deleted the bnet folder.
Tried agent.exe workarounds posted around.
Internet settings thing.
Secondary login service checked.
Checked no firewall/antivirus or anything is blocking stuff.
Re-downloaded installer.

"Below minimum" popup is still keeeping the installation from continuing (for me is cpu).
I have:

Deleted the bnet folder.
Tried agent.exe workarounds posted around.
Internet settings thing.
Secondary login service checked.
Checked no firewall/antivirus or anything is blocking stuff.
Re-downloaded installer.

"Below minimum" popup is still keeeping the installation from continuing (for me is cpu).

what cpu do u have?
Bump for blue and for murloc longevity!
I have the same problem. I think my processor is the problem, but I too would like to try to circumvent the problem and install the game anyway, just to see if it's even slightly playable.

My processor is: AMD Athlon Processor LE-1640, ~ 2.7GHz
AMD Athlon II X2 processor
5GB RAM (4GB usable)
ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics video card

I was able to install it just fine, but either my frame rate is really low or there's cursor/input lag (probably low frame rate). Besides the obvious getting a better video card (and just building a PC from scratch to begin with), is there any other ways I can get better FPS? All graphic settings are set to the lowest they can go.
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
Im a little below The minimum specs on CPU but im okay with the graphics card
If the installer/game doesn't outright tell you that your computer doesn't meet the specs to play...then encryption errors, streaming errors, other installation errors are not related to your computer hardware. Blizzard have set certain minimum standard to allow the game to install, and as long as you meet that standard, you'll find a way to install it. Post your problem, or search on the forums for other people who are having the same issue.
My processor is:

AMD Athlon (tm) 64 processor 3500+ 2.20 Ghz

Will it still let me download the game?
Will a tech support person inform us or is there too many people in this thread to reply to us all?
The specs were below minimum for starcraft 2 as well but it still ran fine on medium settings on the same computer.

Any help would be appreciated :)
if thats the issue of not having the right to install it to whatever specced Pc i want to, then ive just been ripped off.
SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM:

Load the installer, when the pop up comes up that says you are below minimum requirements - hit ok. Leave Diablo III installer maximized, and walk away for a couple of hours. (I don't actually know how long it takes)

The game WILL be installing, but the percentage won't be updating. (You can verify this by checking back on the Diablo III.temp folder created during installation - which should be growing in size)

Once the temp folder has been renamed to Diablo III (again, not verified) the install SHOULD be done. I closed out the installer at this point, re-ran it and it said the game was installed and up to date.

TO BLIZZARD:

Your installer fails to update the game installation percentage when the user's PC does not meet the minimum game requirements. Likely because (and you can check this by minimizing and re-maximizing the installer) it is constantly trying to notify the user that they don't meet the requirements.

I HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE!