TL2 is scurred.

Games & Technology
I'm looking forward to TL2. TL1 was fun and well worth $20. TL2 will be a great improvement for the series, and one step closer to their MMO, which I'm really looking forward to.

But none of that really has any bearing on D3 for me. Other games are just that... other games. While the majority of my time will definitely be spent playing D3, I will dip into other games here and there. Just because TL is of the same genre as D3 doesn't change anything.

And besides, the TL games are worth playing through just to hear Matt Ueleman's music anyways (He did the music for D1 and D2 and as well as contributing to D3). The man is a master, and his tunes in the TL games alone are worth the price of admission.
Wow I just googled Torchlight 2 and it looks awful.
Diablo 2 is for maintenance nights, gotta keep my characters from expiring ^^
I like all the hate for one game when you have the option to play another game. I played Torchlight and am looking forward to Torchlight 2 as well. There's no reason you can't own and play more than one game at a time.

As for guns ruining a game... prz. Dungeon Siege had guns, and one of my favorite games of all times that got shut down: Dungeon Runners was FULL of stupid names and funny jokes. But to each their own eh?
I like all the hate for one game when you have the option to play another game. I played Torchlight and am looking forward to Torchlight 2 as well. There's no reason you can't own and play more than one game at a time.

As for guns ruining a game... prz. Dungeon Siege had guns, and one of my favorite games of all times that got shut down: Dungeon Runners was FULL of stupid names and funny jokes. But to each their own eh?

guns are fine in a game like that because I was a very big fan of Dungeon Siege but the graphics makes my eyes water up. If I wanted to play that I would go play runescape.
if they had released the game on may 1 they would have had ridiculous sales
TL2 looks indeed awful. I predict it will be a failure just like TL1.
I bought TL2 JUST for the Neverwinter beta key that comes with it!!
05/12/2012 05:32 AMPosted by Disposition
They said they weren't afraid of any other games including D3 being launched but now they've ramped up beta invites as well as launch date the day after D3 date was announced = lulzy.

Wrong forum, this is the General discussion for D3 not other games.
Sorry it just doesn't mesh well with me. I guess that's kind of a stupid complaint but it is what it is, my opinion.

Doesn't look right having a dude run around with hand guns and then another guy is a Wizard or something.
There is room for both games. Ill probably give TL2 a playthrough as beating games is fun.
I'm going to be completely honest here... I thought Torchlight was a product made under Blizzard's supervision? (I heard somewhere that the employee's were theirs? Or were they ex-blizzard employees?) That's what I thought, anyway, due to the fact that Torchlight is pretty much a clone of Diablo II but with some updated graphics and a cartoony feel...

Either way Diablo 3 will still be better Imo, as a copy cat is never as good as the original.

Edit: Although, Torchlight was good for a little while to stave off the wait for D3!
05/12/2012 05:44 AMPosted by Zargo
Torchlight 2 is for maintenance days and server outages duh

game like SC2 and Diablo2 don't have maintenance days like WoW.
While I was considering getting TL2 for downtime, it looked pretty awful to me. I just hate the graphics style... and it seems so cluttered. I don't know.
05/12/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Spirthealer
They were fired for a reason, there just adding to why blizzard should be happy over that choice.
I really do not think you should be talking about top level developers like that. They're probably far superior to you in multiple ways...