An Unexpected error occurred.

Technical Support
An unexpected error occurred while trying to install.
Please try again or contact customer support.

This pops up then I press install on the launcher, the activation window appears for a few seconds then I get this error.
Me too!@!!!!!!
me three!
Same thing happens to me.
This happen when i use the game client i downloaded off the website today. When i try to run the installer i bought yesterday it tells me "insert disc."
Ive been on hold on the phone for 46 mins.
keep us posted on this fix
seems like !@#$ is hitting the fan in Asia and europe.. lets hope NA goes somewhat better
05/14/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Foost
Ive been on hold on the phone for 46 mins.


Well, if they mention anything to you that help, please let us know :)

And thank you for taking a bullet with calling customer service :P
I have the same problem :S
IT WORKS: I ran the D3 setup client AGAIN just to ensure it hadn't missed anything for a 3rd time, once it had finished checking the files it ran the launcher and I am currently installing, without errors.

EDIT: So I guess what I'm saying is try to run the launcher via the D3 setup client. It will open after it check the files or replaces missing ones.
I had this problem, I fixed it by re-downloading the game client installer (Diablo-III-Setup-enUS.exe) from my battle.net account, and making sure I got the US version.

I may have gotten the English (EU) one by mistake last time (it was the default option when I went to re-download the file today, I had to choose the English (US) one instead).
Currently @ 44% installed and going strong, lets hope this continues!
I had this problem, I fixed it by re-downloading the game client installer (Diablo-III-Setup-enUS.exe) from my battle.net account, and making sure I got the US version.

I may have gotten the English (EU) one by mistake last time (it was the default option when I went to re-download the file today, I had to choose the English (US) one instead).


Same for me. For some reason, my Battle.net D3 download was set to EU version by default.
I had this problem, I fixed it by re-downloading the game client installer (Diablo-III-Setup-enUS.exe) from my battle.net account, and making sure I got the US version.

I may have gotten the English (EU) one by mistake last time (it was the default option when I went to re-download the file today, I had to choose the English (US) one instead).


Same for me. For some reason, my Battle.net D3 download was set to EU version by default.


Man you saved me!!. I don't know why EU was selectd by default. Re-downloading. Thanks.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum