An Unexpected error occurred.

Technical Support
An unexpected error occurred while trying to install.
Please try again or contact customer support.

This pops up then I press install on the launcher, the activation window appears for a few seconds then I get this error.
Me too!@!!!!!!
me three!
Same thing happens to me.
This happen when i use the game client i downloaded off the website today. When i try to run the installer i bought yesterday it tells me "insert disc."
Ive been on hold on the phone for 46 mins.
keep us posted on this fix
seems like !@#$ is hitting the fan in Asia and europe.. lets hope NA goes somewhat better
05/14/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Foost
Ive been on hold on the phone for 46 mins.

Well, if they mention anything to you that help, please let us know :)

And thank you for taking a bullet with calling customer service :P
I have the same problem :S
IT WORKS: I ran the D3 setup client AGAIN just to ensure it hadn't missed anything for a 3rd time, once it had finished checking the files it ran the launcher and I am currently installing, without errors.

EDIT: So I guess what I'm saying is try to run the launcher via the D3 setup client. It will open after it check the files or replaces missing ones.
I had this problem, I fixed it by re-downloading the game client installer (Diablo-III-Setup-enUS.exe) from my battle.net account, and making sure I got the US version.

I may have gotten the English (EU) one by mistake last time (it was the default option when I went to re-download the file today, I had to choose the English (US) one instead).
Currently @ 44% installed and going strong, lets hope this continues!
I had this problem, I fixed it by re-downloading the game client installer (Diablo-III-Setup-enUS.exe) from my battle.net account, and making sure I got the US version.

I may have gotten the English (EU) one by mistake last time (it was the default option when I went to re-download the file today, I had to choose the English (US) one instead).

Same for me. For some reason, my Battle.net D3 download was set to EU version by default.

Same for me. For some reason, my Battle.net D3 download was set to EU version by default.

Man you saved me!!. I don't know why EU was selectd by default. Re-downloading. Thanks.