Disappointment...

Technical Support
Am i really expected to go out and purchase a new video card for ONE game on my computer when every other game i have installed is more than compatible. Seems like more of a way to get people to spend more money than you were just unable to make it compatible. I refuse to spend 100 or more dollars on a new video card for one game. Is there anything else that can be done? Or are my options just not play it or spend another hundred or so bucks to make the game work.

What ever happened to companies making their products work around the consumer and not make the consumer work around the product. This seems like releasing a game for Xbox but having it only be compatible with systems with a serial numbers divisible by 3. Maybe im just unlucky, but it seems like a lot of incompatible cards...
Same problem here.... Never have I had a game not work.... granted its not some high speed top notch laptop, but wtf is this !@#$? Ten years of waiting for me to be told I need a new graphics card AFTER the game is installed? I think not...
Having a top of the line system, or the absolute best possible hardware should never be a requirement for a game, Its not like they rushed the game out in a 6 month period, there was PLENTY of time, years for that matter, to figure out all the kinks and make sure it was a well rounded game that was compatible with virtually everything on the market. I guess they got there last bit of money outta me before burning me one last time. Considering the date this game was announced everything from that point forward should be compatible with this game.
wow now thats some messed up stuff man
I guess the system requirements that have been published for months weren't enough of a clue, eh?
Even if they were published a year in advance the fact that this one game out of all the other titles i have wont run on my year old computer seems a little weird, and is pretty aggravating that my only option is to either A) not play it or B) spend 100 or more dollars to get one game to work.
Even if they were published a year in advance the fact that this one game out of all the other titles i have wont run on my year old computer seems a little weird, and is pretty aggravating that my only option is to either A) not play it or B) spend 100 or more dollars to get one game to work.
05/14/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Pèpper
Am i really expected to go out and purchase a new video card for ONE game on my computer when every other game i have installed is more than compatible. Seems like more of a way to get people to spend more money than you were just unable to make it compatible.

yes. its a ploy by blizzard to make you buy a new vid card that they make ZERO money on...

clearly your understanding of PCs is lacking. OLD parts and new technology dont mix well. just a simple fact.
thinking the same thing :D
What is your video card?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926594334

please read the stickies.

press escape