Do you think Harvest is BnB for farm builds?

Witch Doctor
Seems like the damage buff is too good to leave out. My current staples are Dire-Bats/Bombs/Grasp/Harvest, and a 5 charge Harvest gives an insane dps boost. Will need to switch it up for any 1v1 boss of course.
Don't need to switch it for bosses, almost every boss has a minion part where you can stack up.
05/15/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Kamaji
Seems like the damage buff is too good to leave out. My current staples are Dire-Bats/Bombs/Grasp/Harvest, and a 5 charge Harvest gives an insane dps boost. Will need to switch it up for any 1v1 boss of course.

Don't really need to switch it for a 1v1 boss as long as you're safe about it. 1v1 it's still a 30-second-duration ~30 intellect boost, which is a 30% damage buff, which is huge.

A 5-stack is orgasmic and ideal, but the buff itself is quite powerful. Unless I misread the tooltip.

And yes, it currently (only level 16) feels like my damage is just too terrible when I leave out SH.
05/15/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Kamaji

Soul Harvest is risk/reward.

Risk: Get up close to enemies, sacrifice a skill slot for more utility/damage abilities or CC.

Reward: Large Damage (and resistance) Boost.

It has a powerful effect (and can be very useful), but there will be situations that will make it a bad idea to use, as you have to run into almost melee range to use it.

TL;DR:
Powerful? Most certainly.
Must Have? Definitely not.
Utility > Raw Damage (In many cases, especially Hardcore)
If you have room in your build though, go for it. It's a great skill!

Edit: Noticed "for Farm Builds" in title.. If you're farming an area you know well, and can handle with the other 5 skills you have without problems, yes, this would be a BnB (but maybe not in Hardcore) as it would dramatically increase your farm rate.
I can't seem to choose between Soul Harvest and Horrify in my build;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aSYVTX!ZdT!bccbac

Horrify + Ruthless Terror = Escape spell and mana
Soul Harvest + Siphon = Dmg + heal

Hmm, difficult.