I'm just wondering why...

Technical Support
Honestly, I'm not even surprised.. This is so typical of blizzard.. I'm just wondering WHY, for the sake of curiosity (and to pass the time), after all these years of experience, do they STILL not prepare enough servers for launch day..

Why do they do "emergency maintanence" on launch day as apposed to BEFORE launch?? (I assume it's a response to the next issue:) Why are they unable to properly prepare server hosting for launch day?? If it worked during beta, why wouldn't it work now?

I've hosted servers AND have done some network programming (including for online games), I should at least have some idea why this always happens with blizzards games, but I honestly have no clue.. So hopefully someone has the answers and I'll learn a little something.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, this is probably in the wrong section. Sorry if it is..
Honestly, I'm not even surprised.. This is so typical of blizzard.. I'm just wondering WHY, for the sake of curiosity (and to pass the time), after all these years of experience, do they STILL not prepare enough servers for launch day..

Why do they do "emergency maintanence" on launch day as apposed to BEFORE launch?? (I assume it's a response to the next issue:) Why are they unable to properly prepare server hosting for launch day?? If it worked during beta, why wouldn't it work now?

I've hosted servers AND have done some network programming (including for online games), I should at least have some idea why this always happens with blizzards games, but I honestly have no clue.. So hopefully someone has the answers and I'll learn a little something.

I'm sure there's been some kind of game breaking exploit discovered already (as such happens when releasing a final product to the masses, opposed to just a "limited" pool of beta testers) and they took the servers offline to avoid any kind of exploitation. People should be HAPPY that they are getting such a quick patch instead of being stuck in a exploit/bot ridden game for months on end.

I'm sure there's been some kind of game breaking exploit discovered already (as such happens when releasing a final product to the masses, opposed to just a "limited" pool of beta testers) and they took the servers offline to avoid any kind of exploitation. People should be HAPPY that they are getting such a quick patch instead of being stuck in a exploit/bot ridden game for months on end.

From what I understand. We should be happy that we will be able to play this game at some stage, and that we had honor that they even sold the game to us. How kind.
Actually I did just read a blue post saying it's not down for server issues.. I guess it really IS game breaking bugs and/or exploits.

Interesting...