I Lost All My Money and Items?

Technical Support
Prev 1 16 17 18 26 Next
I also used the AH quite a bit, specifically buying two items directly before I logged out this morning. The hack happened after I logged out at some point in time.
Is there anybody who has lost their gold / items and who has been told that nobody accessed their account while also having people they don't remember playing with on their friends list?

Because if that were to be a case, it would seem really suspicious. I kind of wish we would get some more blue input on this that isn't a few posts about purchasing an authenticator, as it seems there are some who have that who also were compromised. As I haven't had any account information of mine stolen for 10+ years, it is strange that suddenly in this game it would happen. I also don't like being told that I need an authenticator to have proper security. Literally no other online game I have played uses such a thing, and they've all been fine. It's just Diablo 3.

EDIT: I have posted items in the AH. And... actually, the items I posted are gone now, apparently stolen as well (not sure why, they were pretty bad). Probably a long shot, but what if it has something to do with items on the AH expiring?

Absolutely agreed, after a lifetime of gaming and account security I have never been hacked, very strange that it happened at the same time it happened to quiet a few others.

I also wish we had some more input instead of blizzard sticking their fingers in their ears and blindly telling us to buy authenticators. So frustrating, waht with the launch, random server outages with 5 minutes of heads up, and now this, !@#$ is %^-*ing disgusting.
I also did a few AH transactions, just before all my gear and gold was taken.
i dont know if it was all the lag and timeouts that have occured in the AH as I had numerous weird item movements/timeouts in the AH before it was "fixed" yesterday.
pretty sure that 99% of the players used the AH at least once...
Me too. I both bought and sold a few items (maybe 15 items total). Using the AH was the last action I did before my gold was stolen.
So it was "fixed" yesterday and today it's all gone bonkers?
now that i think about it, it makes more sense WHY they could not touch your other characters. On the AH, when you sell things, you can only select items in your stash or your CURRENT characters. not your OTHER characters.

is this why people have their other characters untouched?
now that i think about it, it makes more sense WHY they could not touch your other characters. On the AH, when you sell things, you can only select items in your stash or your CURRENT characters. not your OTHER characters.

is this why people have their other characters untouched?

Not a bad idea at all. Feels like we are getting somewhere at least. Even if its right or wrong.
I never used or even viewed the AH. My level 43 was stripped of all items on char and stash, but the gold was left behind. It was only 10K, but still odd.

Requested the rollback and am just waiting now...been 3 hours.
This event happened to me, and the only association that i've had with the AH was looking in there for like 2 minutes to see what it was all about. I didn't buy/sell or anything of that nature. But I was in there for 2 minutes...
Then lets cross that hypothesis.

Either way the game has been fun so far so I don't feel that ripped off my wallet...so far...at all...not a tiny bit...I hate this.
So after 10 hours of this issue being reported , there is nothing offical on this, or the best I can see is that their stance is there is no issue, that everything is running perfect and we are all a bucnh of idiots that let ourselves get hacked.
It's all just a plan created by blizzard to get people to purchase the authenticators! It all makes sense now...

on a serious note, my buddy got hacked this morning around 12:30 P.M PDT and the hacker logged into the beginning of act I of normal when my friend and I were just finishing act I of hell last night. All of his stuff was missing when I told him to log onto his account, and he still has a ticket pending as well. Please blizzard, inform us by blue post what's going on or fix this issue.
just to share with you guys about the timing, i believe i was hacked between 10am to 1pm PDT also.
Server rollbacks affected a lot of peoples cash and items
could you clarify server rollbacks? you mean they rollbacked too far back? how much further back were you rolled back?
what do you expect?
I'm inclined to think that yes, all of you were hacked. I don't think you need to be an idiot to get hacked, happen.
But if this is not the case, if all this is their fault you need to wait. Wait until they have customer support with 10x number of tickets usually open for compromised accounts.
Then they will investigate. So in both case there is nothing else you can do except waiting, keep raging here or try to eleborate some weird theory about this it's just wasting your time.
To give this a proper time frame for any dev or anyone in general, I was hacked and lost all my gold about 8 hours ago, about 16.00 GMT 00. (Sweden, 17:00 GMT +1).
that's true. i admit we are all emotional (reasonable so) when we just spent 30-40 hrs on a game based on the premise our effect is worth "something". this is why most of us buy this game.

at the moment, we're not trying to point any fingers. I agree, we should wait and see. I just HOPE it does get investigated and not brushed off.