Malthael, Archangel of Wisdom

Lore and Story
I went by the priest of New Tristram and he said something like Justice and Wisdom will be reborn.
Gotta Bump this thread now that the trailer for the expansion has been released. Props to the creator for getting the expansion right and making an awesome pic of Malthael. Got it right over a year before the trailer!

http://cghub.com/images/view/242092/
He now has the Black Soulstone and considering he's supposed to be harder than Diablo he'll become the new Prime Evil.... And seek to wipe out all demons and humans.

He abstained from voting on Humans with the words that the choice did not matter for him..... He was already planning on wiping out humanity anyway to begin with!!!

Imperius who also sought to kill humans was unwilling to go against the vote which meant that Malthael is a much bigger threat than Imperius and since he was once Leader of the Angris council he is the strongest of the Archangels(stronger than Imperius).

Imperius is likely to side with his old master and turn to Wrath in service to the new Prime Evil considering they have the same goals(wipe out all demons including humans).
nice. for all the expansion plots thrown out by the community, this one was close from jump street.

but it was fairly obvious from the start, though.
Maybe we can save Leah's soul in this expansion and kill the 2 villainous leaders of the Angris Council(Malthael and Imperius).

Then maybe we can ake care of Adria in the expansion after this one.....
El'druin, the Sword of Justice, was a blade wielded by the Archangel Tyrael. By all accounts it was a unique weapon, capable of cutting through any foe or substance in existence. However, some believe that the blade's edge cannot pass through or harm any being of righteous intent.

On the cinematic blade passes through Malthael...
Malthael seek's to detroy all Demons(including humans) which is righteous intent(though not righteous means).

If Imperius ends up becoming Wrath and joins forces with his former master it's likely that upon Imperius's soul will end up in the Black Soulstone making Malthael the master of: Anguish, Pain, Lies, Sin, Hatred, Destruction, Terror, Wrath and of course Death which would mean he'll represent all the negative aspects of existence....
El'druin, the Sword of Justice, was a blade wielded by the Archangel Tyrael. By all accounts it was a unique weapon, capable of cutting through any foe or substance in existence. However, some believe that the blade's edge cannot pass through or harm any being of righteous intent.On the cinematic blade passes through Malthael...

He didnt seem harmed, though it did pass through.

I beleive you're right, he has a righteous intent.. and i'm starting to theorise why so...

I dont beleive Malthael is doing all of this to kill us... he is amassing all the Evil powers...

If Imperius ends up becoming Wrath and joins forces with his former master it's likely that upon Imperius's soul will end up in the Black Soulstone making Malthael the master of: Anguish, Pain, Lies, Sin, Hatred, Destruction, Terror, Wrath and of course Death which would mean he'll represent all the negative aspects of existence....

... and will come at us, hoping to die so that once and for all, the souls of Evil are gone....

A sacrifice if you will...
The most scary part of this new development is that it's the Angiris Council's own Leader that we are going up against(not that substitute: Imperius). It's own leader!
08/21/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Virgo90
On the cinematic blade passes through Malthael...

Righteous intent doesnt necessarily mean its good for humanity and the angels.

The most scary part of this new development is that it's the Angiris Council's own Leader that we are going up against(not that substitute: Imperius). It's own leader!

Considering we beat the prime evil I think Blizz realized we needed an enemy of equal/greater power.
As much as I hated Imperius, I dont think he was ever that wrong. He saw all the disaster comming and warned Thyrael, who screw things at last and that almost cost the fall of the heavens, I believe that althou Imperius has wrath, he will ultimately sacrifice himself to stop any evil, his valor is high, thats no doubt, he´ll end understanding humans, and making a sacrifice