Barbarian solo Act 2 Inferno video

Barbarian
Prev 1 3 4 5
05/25/2012 02:33 AMPosted by Fye
I must echo what others have said, this was quite an excellent build. I've gone from the rather unfun tank build to yours, and it's made the game enjoyable again. I've also noticed a great deal of flexibility based on different situations, swapping an ability or rune makes dealing with certain packs a lot easier.

I'm glad it works well for you.
I know this isn't the first Act 2 Inferno video, but I just wanted to shed some light on other ways this can be accomplished.

To note:

1) Honestly a lot of the credit for this skill build goes to this forum. Though at times a depressing place I obtain a large amount of inspiration from you guys.

2) This is just one way of doing this out of many. My attributes and skills are posted in the details of the video, and are by no means 100% efficient.

3) I have almost no resist gear, my stat value is roughly Str>=Vit>Resist. I have less than 100 resist in most spell trees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjO2GhuRjuw

Post Act III videos please. Then go to Act IV and post videos of that. I'm here waiting.

I'm having a hell of a time farming Act 2, it's pretty tough.
Hey Temper, where did you farm?
I'm currently in Hell ACT 4 and i'm having some trouble.

The thing I like about this build is that it allows u to be undergeared for your content. I know I farmed Act 1 for a long while... What do your stats look like?
http://i.imgur.com/JmKDO.jpg
What do I need to change?

Get a bit more health, a shield would make things easier, but Act 1 elites are farmable with a decent 2her and about 1.2k str 1k vit. However you can get started killing Act 1 Inferno elites/rares almost right away.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfsCNiy5N9A

With though stats though it could be kind of frustrating with some dying and running back into the elites/rares, but it should be doable. The elites/rares directly outside town are pretty easy to farm when you're just starting out, so I recommend starting out around there. After that I would move into the Cemetery and farm the rares/elites in the dungeons there. After that check the videos to see what kind of stats I was using to continue progressing. I hope I answered your questions. I wish you luck in the future.
05/25/2012 05:56 AMPosted by Luke
Temper, would it be a problem if I could add you? Maybe you could help me kill Diablo in hell?

Should be no problem, message me on youtube.
How important is superstition. I have seen other act 4 barbs using something different for more damage? I was thinking about the 3% dmg gained as life considering with WOTB your hitting for easily 15k white dmg and 30k hits... so each 15k gives you 450 life back a hit and 30k dmg gives 900... with reveng critting for 35k+ on mobs as well you can see how it gives you a ton of health back fast. That or use the 1% max life per second. at 40k Hp thats 400/sec... I like the dmg one because it allows greater health regen with WOTB and EQ popped?

Any thoughts?
Loved the thread, was like a wall coming to act 2. could farm act 1, kill any elite pack (most without ever dying) so just farm 20+ rares in a night... but at act 2, facestomped.

Bought some cheap +STR-gear and went from 1000 till 1300, discarding having my high resistance (was at 30-40% on most), and started using your skill-tree and had it much much much easier in Act 2. (Also dissed my 2H legendary for 1h+shield).
How important is superstition. I have seen other act 4 barbs using something different for more damage? I was thinking about the 3% dmg gained as life considering with WOTB your hitting for easily 15k white dmg and 30k hits... so each 15k gives you 450 life back a hit and 30k dmg gives 900... with reveng critting for 35k+ on mobs as well you can see how it gives you a ton of health back fast. That or use the 1% max life per second. at 40k Hp thats 400/sec... I like the dmg one because it allows greater health regen with WOTB and EQ popped?

Any thoughts?

1) I think my gear is really lacking currently (in Act 2), and superstition really helps me shore up the holes in my gear. What I mean to say is, I feel like I die too fast, and players like Kripparian (sp) feel comfortable with replacing superstition, but I feel like I can't. That being said, I want to try more damage.

But I recommend for others, staying alive longer via learning the mechanics of the enemies, then when they feel comfortable about being able to avoid damage to try to switch to more damage then (brawler is a good choice).

2) In regards to life leech, the mobs in act 2 are hitting me for about 10k a swing when I don't have the Leap buff, so to me the math there doesn't seem to add up. That being said, it is an interesting concept, and although I can't make it work I think that idea has potential.

3) I think you will see a lot of things become possible with gear, for example if you have 99% damage reduction through armor purely on your gear, then all your skills and passives can be aimed towards damage. Of course that is an extreme, but I believe my point holds true.

On a semi unrelated note, my furious charge just crit for 98k, that would've been some decent healing!
Loved the thread, was like a wall coming to act 2. could farm act 1, kill any elite pack (most without ever dying) so just farm 20+ rares in a night... but at act 2, facestomped.

Bought some cheap +STR-gear and went from 1000 till 1300, discarding having my high resistance (was at 30-40% on most), and started using your skill-tree and had it much much much easier in Act 2. (Also dissed my 2H legendary for 1h+shield).

I'm happy this is working for you :).