Who else thinks Blizzard has ruined wizard?

Wizard
I'm having the same problem with my wizard as the original poster described. Everything went perfectly fine during both normal and nightmare and I did not rush anything. I spent quite a bit of time in each area trying to get better gear but hell act 1 has proven to be extremely frustrating and not fun at all. Normal enemies are fine but elites (blues and yellows) are ridiculously over powered. Also, why can't diamond skin make you invulnerable until it runs out? The enemies get a shield that lasts just as long and makes them immune to every attack so what would be so overpowered about the wizard having one too? At least that would give me a chance to get as much damage on the elites as possible before it runs out. Also, why does mirror image ALWAYS fail to distract enemies? They ignore the clones completely and continue to chase me. No wonder the original poster said it was useless.

I may just leave the character and try out a demon hunter instead. Hopefully things will go smoother once I get back up to hell. Some people have managed just fine with wizards (some even found hell easy (are you kidding me??) but how they did so is beyond me.

Here is my impression of wizard in Diablo 3 (currently lvl 58, maybe im not at 60 and couldnt feel it?? but still, shouldnt be that much different)
First, they are weak in beginning, not just weak but really weak due to lack of equipment, strong mid game but like that matters? lol really weak late game.

This pretty much describes every Diablo III class.

- You start, have no skills and no gear, so you suck
- You level and get awesome gear on the AH so you outgear everything and turn into pure unadulterated ownage.
- You hit high 50s and can no longer afford overpowering gear and monster difficulty climbs without as significant gearing improvements.

The idea is that as you approach 60, you actually have to learn to play instead of just WTFPWNing everything with overpowered gear.
djnforce9
I happened to begin Hell act1 last night and found it incredibly easy, to the point of boring.
Here are things that might be a bit of help.
I use energy armor+garvinizing shield for defensive and diamond skin.
Venom hydra+Blizzard kiting
my HP is around 22k and my DPS is pretty pathetic at the moment with magic weapon buff DPS is around 2800 armor after buff is like 2300

The slowing effect of blizzard and massive damage hydra does is satisfactory at the moment.
I don't get one shot or 3-4 shot by anything, not elite, not bosses. When I am getting too much heat I turn on diamond skin.
The gears I am using are all only okay gears from AH for 10k-20k each.
I feel I probably will breeze through untill act2 oasis.
If you came from playing a level 60 monk in inferno you will relise you have nothing to complain about... i re rolled wizard and 100% better class imo
Mysticforce

Edited by Mysticforce#1698 on 5/23/12 2:16 PM (PDT)
I'm having a hard time resisting saying "L2P" while reading your take on Wizard abilities.

Remember, there is only one common factor in all of your failures in life.

You.

This ^^ Epic win. I actually read his whole rant and the whole time I was thinking... Is he trolling or bad?
I'm running into the same issues. Wizard is great in certain situations, but relies very heavily on other players for success. Yes, slows and other things are necessary to survive at high levels, that's a given, but damage output of the Wizard really isn't much higher than other classes and does not justify the piss-poor survivability (not counting Inferno of course). The Wizard is sort of the janitor class in my mind - it can mop up regular mobs with almost no problem due to strong area-of-effect spells, but the support skills are nearly useless and the lack of mobility becomes a huge liability later on.

I'm not saying you can't do it, but there are certain enemies that are pretty much just impossible to beat (enjoy fast + extra health + mortar + arcane + vortex) because there is no way to avoid taking damage... eventually your cooldowns will refuse to sync up and you'll be screwed, or you'll get stunlocked by an enemy, jailed, etc. and will have no way to escape. In those situations, having low armor and health is a death sentence, and there is pretty much no way to avoid them except outright avoiding enemies or reloading and hoping for easier ones.

As usual I feel the problem mostly boils down to DPS. Can't succeed? Grind more, sell your !@#$ and buy stuff 10 levels above what you can find normally, then do it again halfway through the act when that uber gear you bought is no longer good enough. Wizards seem to rely on Auction House abuse more than anyone else and it's not something I find especially fun.
ur just bad dude 35k life 73k dps

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq162/Parliam3nt/Screenshot019.jpg
I'm running into the same issues. Wizard is great in certain situations, but relies very heavily on other players for success. Yes, slows and other things are necessary to survive at high levels, that's a given, but damage output of the Wizard really isn't much higher than other classes and does not justify the piss-poor survivability (not counting Inferno of course). The Wizard is sort of the janitor class in my mind - it can mop up regular mobs with almost no problem due to strong area-of-effect spells, but the support skills are nearly useless and the lack of mobility becomes a huge liability later on.

I'm not saying you can't do it, but there are certain enemies that are pretty much just impossible to beat (enjoy fast + extra health + mortar + arcane + vortex) because there is no way to avoid taking damage... eventually your cooldowns will refuse to sync up and you'll be screwed, or you'll get stunlocked by an enemy, jailed, etc. and will have no way to escape. In those situations, having low armor and health is a death sentence, and there is pretty much no way to avoid them except outright avoiding enemies or reloading and hoping for easier ones.

As usual I feel the problem mostly boils down to DPS. Can't succeed? Grind more, sell your !@#$ and buy stuff 10 levels above what you can find normally, then do it again halfway through the act when that uber gear you bought is no longer good enough. Wizards seem to rely on Auction House abuse more than anyone else and it's not something I find especially fun.

Lol, I have killed every type of the affixes you just listed. I only have 48k dps and 28k life too, and I can kite and kill elites(NOT ASPECTS, Regular elites) in A4 Inferno, some I have to skip, but A2 is easy mode, A3 is pretty tough, and A4 is pretty tough. It's doable, once I get about 20 mil gold in upgrades, I figure I can clear A4 pretty easy. You're just bad, go back to casual 10m wow raiding if you want FACE ROLL to KEYBOARD route, bro.
yadaaaa yada yadaaaa, whine whine whine, every class is having a !@#$ time on inferno check every forums, though not as %^-* as what melee class are experiencing, try leveling a barb to 60 and try inferno and let's see if you still have something to complain. I should know I had a 60 barb, rerolled as a wiz.
wizards can get through hell untwinked very easily if you are capable of kiting and dont have a retarded build. inferno is extremely tough, but i suspect it is for all classes.
06/01/2012 02:38 AMPosted by Chudi
yadaaaa yada yadaaaa, whine whine whine, every class is having a !@#$ time on inferno check every forums, though not as %^-* as what melee class are experiencing, try leveling a barb to 60 and try inferno and let's see if you still have something to complain. I should know I had a 60 barb, rerolled as a wiz.

Do i have to post videos of barbs #!@*## a3-a4 inferno now? Also, I have a monk on my Flist that clears A3 up to siegbreaker with 5 stacks. So shutup about melee being bad.
What if I told you those "barbs" you're talking about required gears worth millions of actIV gears just to do act3-4? so same to you !@#$ stop complaining and play your class. If blizzard ruined anything it's not the class it's inferno,
06/01/2012 03:00 AMPosted by Chudi
What if I told you those "barbs" you're talking about required gears worth millions of actIV gears just to do act3-4?

What if I told you a week of farming CAN get you what you need?

Inferno wasn't meant to be cleared in a day like the other difficulties.
then you just made my point STOP complaining and FARM LOL

edit: FYI a week of farming is not enough for a barb to get those goldy gears lol, those barbs you're watching relied 80% on their DH and Wiz friends for their actIV gears.
06/01/2012 02:55 AMPosted by Cenanin

Do i have to post videos of barbs #!@*## a3-a4 inferno now? Also, I have a monk on my Flist that clears A3 up to siegbreaker with 5 stacks. So shutup about melee being bad.

Dude is that Cenanin from black vulkars server?
barbs need over 900 resists, over 60k hp and a good amount of dps just to do acts 2, they still even need to kite! yes KITE as a barb with those stats, and they said barbs doesn't have it bad. :)))
funny post lol liked the humor. inferno is reallllly hard that's the way it should be, normal through hell is super easy for a wizard. I melted through everything from normal through hell. Don't complain if ru not good at inferno or hell or w/e. all ru doing is playing the same content 4 times in a row with harder monsters
A monk who re-rolled wizard here.
Please, stop qqing. If you think wizard is hard, don't play the game.
You expect to rofl stomp inferno like you did normal and nightmare.
News flash, you can't. All I can read from your post is, "I am a great gamer and my performance upto nightmare reflected my skill. But after hell I can't stand still and meltdown the mobs like I used to. It can not be the fact that I am a bad gamer who can't kite but wants to tank it like a melee class and dps like a glass cannon. The class must be broken!" Those two difficulties are tutorials for the real D3. CONGRATZ YOU ROFL STOMPED THE TUTORIAL. And now that you get to the main game, you cry that you can not beat it. Well I heard that if you can get to inferno act 3 with a monk, your wizard will magically get a buff and be overpowered again without blizzard patching the class.
05/23/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Nacilep
I'm enjoying my wizard, I'm using Archon/disingrate just fine up to act 2 inferno. And I'd imagine I would do fine in act 3 and 4 once I upgrade my gear which just isn't that good right now.

agree, i'm using a similar build ;-)
Some make it to A3 with 20khp/25kdps some need to farm a bit more.
The item which would have improved you to the point you could make it did drop 4 seconds ago. Too bad you where whining in the forum instead of playing the content you are able to beat.