Is Mantra of Evasion working as intended?

Monk
I have 30.6% Dodge chance without it. With it I have exactly 41%. Shouldn't I get 45% Dodge considering the buff says it gives an additional 15%? Also, the additional 3 second bonus after using the ability should give me an additional 30% Dodge for a total of 60% (for the 3 seconds), instead my Dodge chance goes to 49%. Is there something I'm missing or is it not working the way it should?
Skills and abilities apparently get a DR from protection some one did the math to show exactly how everything is, Somewhere in these forums.
It stacks in multiplicative layers rather than being additive so that nobody can reach 100% dodge.

30.6% dodge = 69.4% hit. 69.4% * 0.85 (mantra) = 58.99% chance to be hit = 41.01% dodge (rounds to 41% on details)
it would get strong as you got more of it which would be op. you get your 15% but its 15% of how often you can be hit now. like arentios said.
So basically the skill's a typo then?
It stacks in multiplicative layers rather than being additive so that nobody can reach 100% dodge.

30.6% dodge = 69.4% hit. 69.4% * 0.85 (mantra) = 58.99% chance to be hit = 41.01% dodge (rounds to 41% on details)


I'm not one for math but I'm just going to have to agree because you sound like you know what you're talking about, thanks for the info.
It's not a typo...its just poorly written.

You have to think of skill based "dodge" as being on separate layers (each on its own) than normal dodge.

They should really just have different key words for each one such as parry, evade, miss, deflect, ect...but Blizz was lazy on this one (or not very clever).
That's why I said 'basically' lol.

I'm not arguing it doesn't make sense. Now that I've seen the math I agree fully with it. I'm just annoyed that the wording is so awful for it.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum