Torchlight 2 vs Diablo 3

Games & Technology
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
05/24/2012 07:00 AMPosted by Renegadeimp
Torchlight? You understand that torchlight is the warcraft version of a hack and slash game right? It is VERY simplistic, has almost no difficulty and is very boring.

TL2 more simplistic than D3? HA AH HA! Yeah, D3 where you walk from A to B, and all your skills/stats are upgraded automaticly because Blizzard think we are too dumb to make our own decisions. Where only 1 1/2 stats matter for each classes in D3, all stats are usefull for all classes in TL2. 2 Outlanders will never be the same. Different stats, different skills.

TL2 on Normal is actually way harder than D3 on normal. You don't need to finish TL2 to be able to play on a higher difficulty level and get some challenger, unlike D3 where the fun starts a hell.

TL2 1st boss is actually harder than D3 Diablo.

So yeah please, explain me how TL is more simplistic than D3 ?
05/24/2012 04:47 AMPosted by deadbulky
Well since it looks like how d3 should have been.....Yes

So you are saying Diablo 3's graphics are too dark and gritty for you? You want a more cartoon feel?

http://www.gamemunition.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Torchlight-II.jpg
05/24/2012 07:33 AMPosted by DragonFlyy
Well since it looks like how d3 should have been.....Yes

So you are saying Diablo 3's graphics are too dark and gritty for you? You want a more cartoon feel?

http://www.gamemunition.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Torchlight-II.jpg

Yes yes! Compare Torchlight 1 to Diablo 3!
Amazing!
I couldn't make it through Torchlight 1 so I doubt I'll give 2 a chance. Especially since I've already spent so much time on D3 and will continue to play it so I won't be interested in another dungeon crawl anytime soon.

It is guild wars 2 next for me.
damn man, so much hate for tl2 and it's closer to a diablo game than d3
nope i hate disneyland games :P
Hello, insecure 12 year old.

? have you ever played TL? play it and tell me its way more darker than d3..
05/24/2012 07:48 AMPosted by KamoteChunks
Hello, insecure 12 year old.

? have you ever played TL? play it and tell me its way more darker than d3..
he didn't say anything about tl2 being darker than d3
Great, now if only all of you that "won't be playing Diablo 3 anymore" (riiight) would just leave the forum.
Definitely getting TL2.
The price is right and Titan Quest and D3 have made me pretty fond of these types of games again.
Hopefully it launches better than D3 did, as it's certainly not going to be as batch!t crazy on launch day and beta seems to be going on for a while.

It doesn't mean I plan on quitting D3 or anything.
I'll probably play it. I hope it's better than the first one though. The fist one was kinda fun... once, but I have zero interes in playing it again.
So is anyone going to play Torchlight 2?

Never heard of it so.. no?

Also, I'm sure they have their own forums.. go be a pest there.

Dear Shaelynn,
Please 5TFU and go deepthroat some pandas in Pandaland.
Have a nice day!
probably play it eventually
Torchlight 1 was boring for me, and I was a huge Diablo 1 and 2 fan when they came out, so I probably won't play Torchlight 2.
05/24/2012 05:15 AMPosted by Provost
Lineage 3 > all

Fo sho!

L3 looks awesome. Not sure how I feel about the mouse to control some abilities, seems clunky but maybe it's intuitive and fits the play style.

TL2, messed around in the beta. It was... "alright". If you thought drops were bad in D3, oh boy.

I'll continue playing D3 for now.
If "toony" graphics are the only reason people are skipping TL2, then I fear for the future of PC gaming in general.

If all that sets apart PC gaming from standard gaming is photo-realistic graphics (which D3 does NOT have BTW), and the gameplay is the same or inferior across the board, we've got no hope for the future.

Seriously folks - branch out. Try new things. Give Blizzard a REASON to consider it's competition and innovate their own games better.
I found Torchlight 1 boring .. and the itemization was way too random .. you could just find a good magic item .. and pay the Sorecerer to enchant it a few more times making it even better ..
It had some good enhancements to the Diablo model (the pet that could carry loot, being able to pull gems out of sockets, optional side quests, etc.

But overall .. just felt boring to me .. .maybe it was the lack of multiplayer.

The original Torchlight was more like Diablo 1 in design, than Diablo 2. I made it through . .but had no desire to play through again.

For the cost .. I may check out TL2 eventually .. but as a casual player .. I am still slowly making my way through D3.