Bottled Cloud and Bottle Smoke dyes; Final?

General Discussion
Right now, Bottled Cloud and Bottled Smoke are listed as "Beige" and "Dark Grey", respectively. It seems, however, that after dyeing an armor with one of these Collector's Edition dyes, you can then trade them to another player, keeping the dye in place.

Is there ANY chance that this might be patched in the future? Obviously, it's not the highest priority to most people, but considering Blizzard's legacy of putting out the best Collector's Editions in the business, it's just a little disappointing that it not feel quite as "special" as their previous lines.
Bump?
Bottled cloud is a bright white.
05/15/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Terin
Right now, Bottled Cloud and Bottled Smoke are listed as "Beige" and "Dark Grey", respectively.

I don't understand how this first sentence is related to your post 0_o

That said, I'm curious to hear Blizzard's stance on this. I don't really care either way.

(For the record, I snagged the CE, so no, not jealous or anything)
05/15/2012 06:29 PMPosted by PsybRToasT
Right now, Bottled Cloud and Bottled Smoke are listed as "Beige" and "Dark Grey", respectively.

I don't understand how this first sentence is related to your post 0_o

That said, I'm curious to hear Blizzard's stance on this. I don't really care either way.

(For the record, I snagged the CE, so no, not jealous or anything)

I kind of assumed that Bottled Cloud and Smoke were unfinished during the Beta, since "Pale" and "Rogue" used the exact same colors, and were available in-game.

It just kinda leaves me with the impression maybe they weren't quite finished. Granted, normally Collector's Edition content isn't the biggest issue in the world, but considering Blizzard has kind of a really high standard (not to mention a price-tag to go with it), I'm just curious if it's "Working as intended" or not :)
Ah, gotcha! Yeah, I was kinda disappointed by that, too.

I was also in the camp of people who thought the descriptions on the dyes mean they would be animated and/or have some sort of particle effects when applied to equipment. The whole thing is a bit confusing.
Ah, gotcha! Yeah, I was kinda disappointed by that, too.

I was also in the camp of people who thought the descriptions on the dyes mean they would be animated and/or have some sort of particle effects when applied to equipment. The whole thing is a bit confusing.

That's really where I have the problem, to be honest; it feels like the Dyes themselves have a very confusing explanation. I can't say I expected them to have particle effects or anything, but I did think they would really stand out a lot more.

"Bottled Cloud" for example, sounds like something that would be *super* white, almost blue; "Beige" just seems a bit lackluster. Especially since, during Beta, Beige was actually a "regular color" available via the "Pale Dye" item, with the only difference being that Bottled Cloud gets infinite uses.

Like I said, it just doesn't seem up to Blizzard's usual, lofty standard, which makes me wonder if they might change it in the future? Add "Pale" and "Rogue" Dyes back to the game, and change Bottled Cloud and Smoke to have totally unique colors, and those Dyes disappear from armor once another player picks it up.
bump
Bump again
Yeah, I was disappointed how this "exclusive" in game item turned out. I was expecting the white to give the armor a white ethereal glow, like the wings and the bottled smoke to give the impression of a shadow enveloping the armor. All in all it turned out to look like white wash paint and ash grey. Would be nice if this would be revamped to be mimic what the description states.
05/16/2012 01:44 PMPosted by BLKMAGIK
Yeah, I was disappointed how this "exclusive" in game item turned out. I was expecting the white to give the armor a white ethereal glow, like the wings and the bottled smoke to give the impression of a shadow enveloping the armor. All in all it turned out to look like white wash paint and ash grey. Would be nice if this would be revamped to be mimic what the description states.

Not just that, but they ought to be ***TOTALLY*** exclusive to CE Buyers! It's such a shame that anyone can just get a Collector-friend to dye their armor for them :(
Most importantly, I think, is the Vanishing Dye, or whatever it's called. I was going to make a post suggesting the ability to disable the view of helmets since most of them are incredibly ugly. Then I found that dye and goodbye went my wizard's stupid little hat.
I don't think the idea was so much to give you exclusive color as it was to give you an infinite dye. You don't have to buy dyes now, everyone else does. Problem? Sounds to me like you save 360 gold everytime you dye anything.
05/16/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Terin

Not just that, but they ought to be ***TOTALLY*** exclusive to CE Buyers! It's such a shame that anyone can just get a Collector-friend to dye their armor for them :(
The real value for the dyes is that they never run out, making it very easy to get an entire outfit in either the brightest or darkest non-rare colors (purity and abyssal dyes need to be found).

Yes, anyone can get their armor dyed from an owner of the Collector's Edition, but the alternative would be making all items they dye that color nonexchangeable which is an incentive to Not use the dye.
05/15/2012 06:29 PMPosted by PsybRToasT
o

05/16/2012 01:44 PMPosted by BLKMAGIK
I was expecting the white to give the armor a white ethereal glow,

+1 for this. Blizz make this happen.
The only reason I was looking for a CE to begin with was to sell items at a higher price with those dyes. It is clearly working as intended. I guess having a cool diablo head, the making of, artbook and in game aesthetics isn't good enough for you?
I have to agree the dye should be removed on trade. Otherwise it gives infinite dye to anyone with a CE for any item filtered through their account.

I also agree, for the price tag... I was hoping for something more from the appearance of the dye then it turned out to be.
Did you mean to type Rouge dyes? As in red
05/16/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Grug

The real value for the dyes is that they never run out, making it very easy to get an entire outfit in either the brightest or darkest non-rare colors (purity and abyssal dyes need to be found).

Yes, anyone can get their armor dyed from an owner of the Collector's Edition, but the alternative would be making all items they dye that color nonexchangeable which is an incentive to Not use the dye.

The problem is that by having Infinite-use dyes that can be traded, it effectively makes them worthless. There is an infinite supply, and you don't even have to purchase the Collector's Edition to have access to that supply. The problem is compounded further still when you consider that the dyes look rather mundane, anyways.

Personally, I think Blizzard needs to make two changes; One, make items lose their color when Dropped or Trade, and Two, further down the road, make the CE dyes look a little more unique. They don't have to have particle-effects or anything, just look a *little* more spectacular.