R.I.P. 5/16/2012-5/22/2012

Barbarian
05/22/2012 04:26 AMPosted by Xplosive2222
didnt the main developers of diablo 2 leave blizzard to make hellgate london? im just putting it out there because diablo 3 seems to be more wow influenced.. at least to me.

yep, all the people who worked on the diablo serie (blizzard north) left a while ago

diablo 3 has been made by the warcraft/wow guys, still a good game though.
I agree with this post entirely. From normal-hell, barbarian was very enjoyable to play. Act 1 inferno was really difficult to get through but after spending 20+ hours farming gear I was able to solo butcher and basically manage Act 1. Act 2 on the other hand, is a completely different experience where regular monsters hit harder than unique ones in Act 1. It's an impossible mission for Barbarians who don't have teams with huge dps. Blizzard please look into this issue with melee classes in Inferno mode. At least 40% of your playerbase are melee, that's quite a huge amount of people to disappoint. Let's not wait until the more casual melee players to reach Inferno to start complaining themselves and realize how difficult it has become.
Kiting is fine. If you were supposed to stand in the middle of a pack, cycling CDs and just moving a bit left to right, Inferno would hardly live up to its name.

I think normal and nightmare felt amazing for all classes, i dont think they tested inferno at all.

I think Barb is the only class that's tuned about right for Inferno. People's expectations for how far along they're supposed to be after a week in their craptastic gear is the only ridiculous thing here tbh.
+1
Inferno is for the best of the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAw9mHfLjv0

If you're not going to min/max

I'm sure if I exploited game mechanics and spent way too much time tweaking everything within an inch of its life I could get to act 2, but I'm not going to.

Then you don't belong in Inferno.

That video proves nothing. Come on, man. Read. We all know that Act bosses aren't the most difficult fights in Inferno difficulty for melee characters. We also all know that Act 1 is doable.
I don't know how much this may play into what you are talking about as I'm not even through nightmare, but I understand that the 30% damage reduction was broke until today. You might want to check it again and see if it's any better. I would say I read it myself but my coworker told me about it and I'm looking for it now. Just some food for thought.
05/22/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Malrithen
I don't know how much this may play into what you are talking about as I'm not even through nightmare, but I understand that the 30% damage reduction was broke until today. You might want to check it again and see if it's any better. I would say I read it myself but my coworker told me about it and I'm looking for it now. Just some food for thought.

Do you have a source for this information?
I found some information on it, but I swear I can't find a blue post on it at all. I'm looking for like some sort of patching notes or any kind of updates but either it's tough to find or I'm not half as smart as I think I am, which I might add isn't very smart at this point.
05/22/2012 04:26 AMPosted by Xplosive2222
im just putting it out there because diablo 3 seems to be more wow influenced.. at least to me.

/facepalm..... Welcome to the forums.
05/22/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Guybrush
This is not the case. In your metaphor, it would be like saying "warriors can only survive heroic dungeons if they are in full raid gear, but mages can survive in normal dungeon gear."

Wrong. It's EXACTLY what I said, which is 100% accurate. It is like saying warriors, the SECOND THEY DING 60, cannot, even with the BEST healer in the game, tank the hardest heroic dungeon. Whereas mages, the SECOND THEY DING 60, can finish the hardest heroic (ineffectively but they can).

You simply do not want to accept it. The barbarian is not a weak class, just like the warrior is not a weak class in WoW. They simply scale the best with gear, meaning if you do not have it then you are ineffective as hell. If you don't like it, simply level a wizard to 60 and farm gear for your barb. Otherwise, accept the fact that you are going to have to put in 10x the work to be just as effective, just like warriors in pretty much any other game.
05/22/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Vaux
Otherwise, accept the fact that you are going to have to put in 10x the work to be just as effective, just like warriors in pretty much any other game.

Uh, no, I don't accept this. Just because it's true in other games doesn't mean we should resign ourselves to it being true in every game forever.
OP that is EXACTLY how i feel. im level 59 in act 3.. i have a level 58 2 handed wep with almost 400 dps. a 240 dps 1 hander and a shield with 750 armor. i buy GOOD items with stats like str vita resistance and even life leech + crit damage on weapon. and guess what. im in act 3. and i get SH!T on all day.

i felt the same way you did. i was like "does blizzard evev play thier games" "i understand they had beta for a LONG time" "but do they even play it" this is what im saying in my head.

I was a WoW player from 2005.. 7 years into the company. guess what? CATACLYSM ruined WoW. I canceled... and have NO plans on going back.

Now im a week into this game.. spent my 60 bucks. and i dont want to quit. i really dont. i was a HUGE fan of d2 LOD. and have been waiting for this game for a long time.. but right now.. im done with my barb. im BROKE no GOLD and im tired of spending money on the AH trynig to find sets of gear that will allow me to survive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDSPXz8gVKo

Look at this video all you whiners. Sure, it's act 1. Still, if any of you attempted to fight 3 champion packs in act 1, kiting them around for minutes to get them together etc, you would have your !@# handed to you.

This is just to show what a geared barbarian can do.

YOU. NEED. GEAR.

More than ANY other class. Accept this or reroll, the choice is yours.
Im sorry there are so many morons in this thread I have to say something. 1) NOONE IS EXPECTING INFERNO TO BE EASY. With that said, there ARE barbarians who are geared IN ACT 4 GEAR who are able to get through to act 2 and I have heard a few into act 3. The biggest issue is that they got that act 4 gear from other ranged DPS classes who are FARMING act 4... It is not about gear or skill. The most geared Barbs are getting rolled in act 2 and act 3 while the "average" geared range characters are farming act 4. Someone made a WoW analogy and just to go along with that, a lvl 60 barb cant take MC right at 60, it takes him farming +fr gear correct and a lvl 60 mage that hits 60 is useless in instances.

[quote="51493155898"]Wrong. It's EXACTLY what I said, which is 100% accurate. It is like saying warriors, the SECOND THEY DING 60, cannot, even with the BEST healer in the game, tank the hardest heroic dungeon. Whereas mages, the SECOND THEY DING 60, can finish the hardest heroic (ineffectively but they can).

You simply do not want to accept it. The barbarian is not a weak class, just like the warrior is not a weak class in WoW. They simply scale the best with gear, meaning if you do not have it then you are ineffective as hell. If you don't like it, simply level a wizard to 60 and farm gear for your barb. Otherwise, accept the fact that you are going to have to put in 10x the work to be just as effective, just like warriors in pretty much any other game.

This is completely wrong. even with the best gear Barbs are getting rolled while the characters that just ding 60 (wiz/dh) are able to do MORE damage then Barbs and FARM act 4 while geared barbs farm act 2. Even in groups, what is the Barbs job? If you watch videos he is basically a stun bot and does not spend alot of time tanking because he gets 3 shot... Seems like you have not played inferno so Id recommend you dont comment about it.
+1 melee is broken
and for all you idiots saying "Barb is gear dependant and you need to farm more"

Go read this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150109937