[knockback/stun] is this a bug?

Bug Report
i'll explain this with seimic slam

Normal:
the skill works 100%

Nighmare:
1.the skill works fine on normal(white named) monster, damage and knockback and everything.
2.when i use it on higher ranked monsters(blue, yellow named), the damage goes in fine, but the monsters aren't knocked back.
3.when i use seismic slam with the 'shattered ground' rune (202% dmg, knockback didstance +100%) the monsters DO get knocked back.
all the other runes fail to knock back the higher ranked monsters(blue, yellow named).
my follower enchantress' skill 'forceful push' seems to knock back all monsters.

Hell:
1.the skill works fine on normal(white named) monster, damage and knockback and everything.
2.when i use it on RARE monsters(blue named), the damage goes in fine, but the monsters aren't knocked back.
3.when i use seismic slam with the 'shattered ground' rune (202% dmg, knockback didstance +100%) the RARE monsters DO get knocked back.
all the other runes fail to knock back the RARE monsters.
4.even with my 'shattered ground' rune, when i use seismic slam on ELITE monsters (yellow named), the damage goes in fine, but the monsters aren't knocked back.
5.when i use my 'stagger' rune (70% stun) the rare and elite monsters get stuned
but NAMED and BOSSes do not. the word 'stunned' doesn't even show up on their heads.
6.my bash with 'clobber' doesn't seem to stun either

now from what i know, stuns get nerfed as difficulty level goes up.
i've heard that the stun duration was suppose to decrease but i don't know much other than that. does the chance on hit % get nerfed also? cuz that would explain why my seismic slam's 'stagger' rune and bash 'clobber' rune didn't stun bosses.
but i still don't understand why my knockbacks won't work.