List of unsupported video cards:

• Intel GMA 950
  • Intel GMA X3100
  • ATI Radeon X1600
  • ATI Radeon X1900
  • NVidia Geforce 7300
  • NVidia Geforce 7600
  • NVidia Quadro FX4500

• Note: The Intel HD3000 (NOT X3100) is only working properly on 10.7.4 because of driver issues.
    Note: The ATI Radeon 2400 is below minimum requirements, so performance might be an issue.

All other cards are supported. This means that we will do our best to fix issues, including performance, with those cards.
    Thank you for posting this S4d1k. All of us 9400 owners are glad our card didn't somehow find its way onto your unsupported list. There is still hope :)
    please find support for RadeonX1600!!!!

Good thing i bought a guest ticket instead of splurging 60 dollars blindly.... :(
    Thanks, S4d1k.

Are you guys still planning on getting something out in the next couple weeks?

Or has that plan been replaced?
    05/25/2012 11:15 AMPosted by S4d1k
    Note: The Intel HD3000(NOT X3100) is only working properly on 10.7.4 because of driver issues.

Machkahn or S4d1k,

Would you mind providing more detail on the quote above. Does that mean that the HD3000 shouldn't be working at all, and should not be a supported card for the game?

Thanks, I was just a bit confused on the wording :-)
    Note: The Intel HD3000(NOT X3100) is only working properly on 10.7.4 because of driver issues.

Machkahn or S4d1k,

Would you mind providing more detail on the quote above. Does that mean that the HD3000 shouldn't be working at all, and should not be a supported card for the game?

The HD3000 is not supported under 10.6.x but it will mostly work for now. I strongly recommend that you update to 10.7.4 though. If it stops working in 10.6.x in a future patch, we will not fix the issue.
    Ah, I understand now, thank you very much for the explanation :-)
    A way to get better Performance (30+ fps) with a Intel HD3000 is to run the Game in a Window, edit the D3Prefs.txt (search for it with Spotlight) and edit these two Lines
    DisableTrilinearFiltering "1"
    HardwareClass "1"
    to the values above.
    Of course you have to set everything else to Off or Low and restart the Game every Hour or so because of Memory Leaks, it gets down to one digit FPS for me then.

During the Beta (before Patch 16) it ran fine on Medium/High Settings.
    Understood :-)
    I can't seem to find D3prefs.txt I searched it in both spotlight and finder. I'm using a 2011 mba. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    05/25/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Dyslexsick
    please find support for RadeonX1600!!!!

This won't work because the graphics card doesn't have the required features to make the game display properly. This is why the card is on the unsupported list.
    Machkahn or S4d1k,

As S4d1k stated, this is not supported due to a driver issue. It will still work, but you might see some stretchy textures. This is something that is fixed in Lion, which is why S4d1k stated it works on 10.7.4.
    Does the Intel HD 3000 graphics card work as intended on 10.7.4 update? (Meaning the FPS slowdowns that constantly bog down my game would end) Or do i have to wait for the optimization coming out improve the Intel HD Card to be able to play smoothly :S?

Thanks for your support!
    Does the Intel HD 3000 graphics card work as intended on 10.7.4 update? (Meaning the FPS slowdowns the constantly bog down my game would end) Or do i have to wait for the optimization coming out improve the Intel HD Card to be able to play smoothly :S?

Thanks for your support!

it'll probably be a little smoother, but it too will benefit from optimisation update patch when released.
    Does the Intel HD 3000 graphics card work as intended on 10.7.4 update? (Meaning the FPS slowdowns the constantly bog down my game would end) Or do i have to wait for the optimization coming out improve the Intel HD Card to be able to play smoothly :S?

Thanks for your support!

it'll probably be a little smoother, but it too will benefit from optimisation update patch when released.

Ahh ok, sounds good. Thank you!
    Is the video card ATY, RadeonX1900 not supported? Because it's not on this list but the game still says it's not supported. Is ATY the same as ATI ?
    thanks for the info!
    Will the Intel GMA X3100 ever be supported? THis is the only computer I own and it is impossible to change the video card in this model of a macbook. So should I just give up on ever playing this game and be out $60 or is there hope?
    i have a mac and it has a NVIDIA GeForce 9400 video card in it. when i play the game it is way beyond laggy. it is not listed above so i assume that it is capable of running it. so what other problems could it be. i have plenty of space on my memory.
    We won't add support to any of the card in the future. The reasons are lack of features and no support from Apple.

The GeForce 9400(and all other cards) performance will be greatly improved in a future patch.