Quickening -- Nerfed?

Monk
Morons should really get in game and actually try out the ability before complaining. Nothing about Quickening has been changed yet. It is still generating massive amounts of spirit and is still a completely amazing rune.
I was already using quickening without sweeping wind in Act2 Inferno :P

I hope they did fix it because I DID use quickening / SW for my MF farming Act1 runs and I want to see how I fair w/o the bug. :)
Uhhh I just tried it and it still appears to be working with Sweeping Wind... Just sayin' :P.
I just tried it and it works fine... I don't know where people get these things.
05/22/2012 09:33 AMPosted by AwakenedOne
They just had to nerf monks as if they don't suck enough compared to dh or wizard in inferno.

Oh please. It was a bug fix.

The real issue here is that nothing else was changed to address survivability of melee classes in inferno. We're expected to run around in a circle 1-2hitting mobs while stayng out of range because anything creams you in 2-3 hits.
it hasn't been nerfed, it's still working. I'm in A1 inferno and it's slowly but obviously becoming !@#$. Gonna need a new spec soon, something probably more dodge-oriented.
05/22/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Serafym
it hasn't been nerfed, it's still working. I'm in A1 inferno and it's slowly but obviously becoming !@#$. Gonna need a new spec soon, something probably more dodge-oriented.

It's been changed, that much is for sure.
I tested it out myself today.

Before, all you needed was sweepingwinds+quickening and even 1 mob would shoot up your spr bar instantly, now, there seems to be something else going on here... I think it's still going up on any crits, which I'd imagine, is intended do a degree (maybe aoe crits aren't, but other crits should be, based on the wording of it "critical strikes give 15 spr" versus other ability wordings.

Anyhow, it's obvious still that on big packs you can still run a pretty close to full spr bar most of the time, then again, A1 Inf doesn't really put a big dent on me anymore so I'm not pushing BoP all that much to begin with.

It's.... weird. They obv changed SOMETHING.
Obviously? Really? Because for me it's the exact same as yesterday and the day before. If it were obvious, there would be numbers backing it up.
go hit a single mob with sweeping up.
it doesn't shoot up anymore randomly. only when you crit.

something is obv different. they addressed one of the many bugs surrounding it.
05/22/2012 05:17 AMPosted by Orda
It may have been a bug, but it was a bug that allowed one of the two broken melee classes to actually function in the ultra over tuned inferno.

If we have to rely on bugs gimmiks and exploits to beat a game, then the game itself is what needs to be fixed or they need to make it so melee have a fighting chance.

05/22/2012 09:33 AMPosted by AwakenedOne
They just had to nerf monks as if they don't suck enough compared to dh or wizard in inferno.

Wasn't a nerf, was a bug fix. Working as intended now despite the fact it makes it harder for Inferno.
Also after this patch onyxia deep breaths more!

captain oblivious.

how to actually test this. put up sweeping wind and dont attack using FoT. See if it still goes up (take off spirit regen armor/wep too). I'm at work or I'd do it myself.

captain oblivious.

cute. explain where i'm wrong.
My monk can solo easily a1 inferno and die instantly in a2. Same as before but im glad im not abusing 'bug' anymore ;)
Anyone who says it has changed is wrong :P.
It is things like this that make me wonder, what the hell were the "internal testers" doing? They said they had people running through Inferno, so obviously they had the setup to be able to do this skill, how was this not caught.
Still seems to be working for me...

captain oblivious.

how to actually test this. put up sweeping wind and dont attack using FoT. See if it still goes up (take off spirit regen armor/wep too). I'm at work or I'd do it myself.

Uhhh, your spirit never went up with just Sweeping Wind. You had to be attacking with FoT for it to do anything.
Just tested it myself and nothing has changed.

I find it funny how people get so bent out of shape before bothering to even confirm what they hear is true.

And for any of you who are wondering about the whole Quickening thing... The tooltip says 'Critical hits generate an additional 15 spirit'.

It is applying to all critical hits and not just critical hits coming from that ability. Not a big deal, and quite possibly working as intended.

Certainly not worth freaking out about one way or another.