Quickening -- Nerfed?

Monk
05/22/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Collateral
Also after this patch onyxia deep breaths more!

Not if you kite her to vael's room. Oh wait...

And I still get spirit regen with Sweeping Wind and Quickening. But the wording of that rune is really ambiguous anyway.
05/22/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Erionn
Uhhh, your spirit never went up with just Sweeping Wind. You had to be attacking with FoT for it to do anything.

vice-captain oblivious.
Still works for me.
People were able to use Quickening on Inferno Act 2 before this fix? I have to use Deadly Reach and kite everything.
05/22/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Kadderly
People were able to use Quickening on Inferno Act 2 before this fix? I have to use Deadly Reach and kite everything.

You can use Quickening on any act you like. What does this even mean? There is no fix and there is no pending issue, just a question of the tooltip ambiguity and possible restriction of the effect to only criticals generated by Fists of Thunder vs all criticals.

It does not make you invulnerable or anything, and you will still die a quick death if you don't avoid things like spike DPS and hazards from mobs like fire/poison/{insert nasty mob ability here} etc etc lol
I was using Quickening and it still works exactly the same way that it did when I logged out of the game last night. I'm still getting back great spirit generation and I'm still able to tank just as effectively.
Is there a changelog for any of this? It seems strange to decrease the viability of a class that's already considered inadequate without giving that class something else in return.

Plus, I was considering rolling a wizard and I'd like to know what was changed before I start.