Item Bug: "Disappearing" Book in Cain's House

Bug Report
After rescuing Deckard Cain from the Cathedral and talking to Leah, waiting for all the dialogue to conclude, then selling items to the merchant nearby, I went into Cain's house for a new journal to read and get XP from. When I click on it, it flips into the air and disappears (normal) but no interactive book appears on the floor (not normal).
I had this problem too! And it's not counted towards the achievement either, since it doesn't play the audio recording.
I am further along than you but I also got that bug regarding Cain's journal and another book within Leah's house (not her journal). The new update of her journal remains but I do not want to pick it up because the last 2 that I picked up disappeared so it would seem that her Journal will also disappear. Edit: I just tried it again after exiting Diablo and going back in and both of the books were there again but both disappeared again when I tried to read them. However, I was able to read the next iteration of Leah's Journal. I was thinking that perhaps the two books I tried to read earlier just appeared on accident and I had actually already read them but as far as Deckard Cain's journal is concerned it's seemingly impossible to tell since it's only labeled Book until you pick it up.
I also have this problem. After rescuing Deckard Cain I was able to get Leah's third journal, but when I tried to acquire Deckard's second journal, it disappeared after I click on the "Book" item. I have included two screenshots two show that the book has indeed disappeared.

Before Click
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/MexChaos/Screenshot003.jpg

After Click:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/MexChaos/Screenshot004.jpg

As you can see, with the disappearance of this book, the lore achievements for Act 1 cannot be completed.
I am having the same problem with the disappearing book in Cain's house after rescuing him and talking to Leah. I have tried logging in and out several times, as well as waiting in the house for several minutes before and after clicking it.
I was having this problem too for a while...until I realized that timing is everything. Certain journal entries are only available after certain quests (usually after like each phase of the main storyline). So if you find one of the journals and then go through and do a quest but don't turn it in, you will have this journal thing happen to you where it will not show up. On top of that, it usually does not respawn properly until you turn in the quest required and then leave the game and come back in. I'm not sure if this is really a bug because technically you guys could just be coming in at the wrong times.
If you guys want, I could list off when exactly you need to show up for each of the entries for Leah and Cain's journals, since I have gotten them all.
If you click on a book and nothing pops out, it means you already have the journal entry that would have been in there currently. Come back later and the book may have a different entry in it. (Check your achievements under Campaign -> Act I/II/III/IV for lists of all the journals, eg Deckard only has 2 entries in his)
I did this in Act 2, just outside the entrance to (spoiler). There was a backpack lying on the ground and an invisible book flipped out of it. No big deal. It just means that you don't need to hear that book again. There are more opportunities for books to spawn than there are books.

The reason the books can only be read once is because they're worth a significant amount of experience. I guess it was easier to hide the book than disable the XP reward.
Thanks for the enlightenment! It would be nice if that was somehow clearer in game... :-)
There are more opportunities for books to spawn than there are books.

The reason the books can only be read once is because they're worth a significant amount of experience. I guess it was easier to hide the book than disable the XP reward.

Then the books should not appear in the first place, I am only trying to collect the books, I don't care about the exp. But, saying that you cant kill that mob cuz u killed to many and it gives too much experience would never happen. So why are they doing the same thing with random book spawns. The fixed spawns should stop appearing to a player once they have them, and random ones are just as freakin random as monsters (Its as simple as making it so a device won't drop a book you still have or a book will only give you xp once buut u can pick it up again if you want, but it will still at least drop a book, or something) XP is XP and how players get it should be their decision. In wow, a lot of my XP comes from exploring and so forth...and yes I read the books (It would be awsome if you got experience the first time you read a book in wow)
@thEstOneRKiD,

I would love that. According to my achievements I need Leah's Journal Part 4 & 6.
I've tried picking them up at all the quests in Act 1, so i'd like to know which quest worked for you to get the parts.