Multiple secondary skills?

Demon Hunter
Im curious, as I have seen a few posted builds where people are using multiple skills from one tree, eg. secondary / hunting / defensive.

I haven't seen a way to do this in game but you can build like that on the skill calculator:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WZceRa!!Zccaaa
a build comprised only of primary and secondary skills.

Can anyone confirm how to do this in game or if I got trolled :/
Go to Options and find Elective Mode :) It enables it so your keys and such aren't bound to the default settings (like 1 active only 1 device only or something like that). So you can bind multiple secondary skills or active skills and etc.

I still find it very limited though, having only 6 skill keys. I remember the days when you could bind from F1 to...F8 or F12?
thanks Reinhart. I had been too busy slaying demons to go through all the options.
I agree only having 1-6 makes skills somewhat limiting but having elective mode enabled certainly provides more flexibility in builds.
Glad to help ;)

I only learned of it reading the tips in one of the game's loading screens.
05/16/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Reinhart
Go to Options and find Elective Mode :) It enables it so your keys and such aren't bound to the default settings (like 1 active only 1 device only or something like that). So you can bind multiple secondary skills or active skills and etc.

I still find it very limited though, having only 6 skill keys. I remember the days when you could bind from F1 to...F8 or F12?

It doesn't let you change primary or secondary skills, does it? Cuz I keep seeing Multishot as secondary when I've tried to get it into there and it isn't working.
Elective mode should let you put any skill anywhere on your bars, with the exception of a few abilities it sometimes won't let you map to primary if it's set to left click. but multishot will definitely go on the secondary / right click slot