Answer to: Game Assets Don't Match

General Discussion
That error you're all getting that says the client and server assets don't match means that your client version and the version of the server don't match. Generally ANY MMO GAME will NOT let you play without the latest client. Blizzard obviously HAS NOT RELEASED THIS YET as the D3 launcher still says "Game is up to date".

THIS IS GOOD NEWS. IT MEANS THEY'RE FIXING SOMETHING AND TESTING IT INTERNALLY WITH THEIR OWN CLIENTS. WHEN THE CORRECT ACTION HAS BEEN APPLIED THEY WILL RELEASE THE PATCH AND OUR D3 LOADERS WILL PATCH OUT CLIENTS AT WHICH POINT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE ERROR ANY MORE.

As far as the people still DC'ing all the time. I added port exception to the Windows7 Firewall (as I personally have experienced Win7 causing issues with communitcation via firewall unless very specific rules were applied). I went to ControlPanel>Security>Firewall and clicked Advanced Settings on the left. I added four rules, two for 6881-6999 and two for 1119. One of each on Outbound and Inbound rules.

PLEASE RELAX PEOPLE. THANK YOU.
Obviously they screwed up.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I dunno I got that message and was immediately able to rejoin so I'm not sure it has anything to do with versions.
same thing happening to me right now
IGNORE THIS LOGIC AND COZZA FRENZYYY
Then how come I can log in on my level 1 Witch Doctor (played her to level 6 so far) and not my level 59 Monk during the same session?
Fan boy: That is not how it happens.... if they changed server without updating game clients they just !@#$ed up.
That error you're all getting that says the client and server assets don't match means that your client version and the version of the server don't match. Generally ANY MMO GAME will NOT let you play without the latest client. Blizzard obviously HAS NOT RELEASED THIS YET as the D3 launcher still says "Game is up to date".

THIS IS GOOD NEWS. IT MEANS THEY'RE FIXING SOMETHING AND TESTING IT INTERNALLY WITH THEIR OWN CLIENTS. WHEN THE CORRECT ACTION HAS BEEN APPLIED THEY WILL RELEASE THE PATCH AND OUR D3 LOADERS WILL PATCH OUT CLIENTS AT WHICH POINT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE ERROR ANY MORE.

As far as the people still DC'ing all the time. I added port exception to the Windows7 Firewall (as I personally have experienced Win7 causing issues with communitcation via firewall unless very specific rules were applied). I went to ControlPanel>Security>Firewall and clicked Advanced Settings on the left. I added four rules, two for 6881-6999 and two for 1119. One of each on Outbound and Inbound rules.

PLEASE RELAX PEOPLE. THANK YOU.

None of that applies to the issue, but thanks for the spam.
05/18/2012 01:08 AMPosted by Nethrom
Then how come I can log in on my level 1 Witch Doctor (played her to level 6 so far) and not my level 59 Monk during the same session?

try to beat Leoric before this issue resolves. I guarantee you'll get the same issue with her.
They probably tryed to "hotfix" something.

None of that applies to the issue, but thanks for the spam.

Actually it does and anyone with even a spec of IT knowledge would realize it, but thanks for the troll.
ugh, im getting this message too and i just finished dload lol.
I like the part where repeated logins make the system think you are hacking or something. Its pretty frusterating >_<!

I get "Game assets don't match server" THEN

I get the message "Snopackhash Mismatch between client and server. Proceed at your own risk!"

Apparently helping friends out with their quests then going back to your own personal set of quests confuses the server because it has no idea how you are able to get into your (higher quest) even though it thinks you've only gotten up to where you helped others at.

Proof - If you are in hell, simply create a game in nightmare anywhere...youll get in.

This also works if you were in nightmare, make a game in normal.
I wish they'd fix it today..
yeah, i havent even started game play and i get "asset and server dont match"
Point is I doubt they're sitting back, drinking tequila, and throwing our money in the air while laughing maniacally. Everybody *demanding* a response doesn't get one, not because blizz doesn't want too, but because they're trying to fix it. So leave them alone and let them fix it... Christ... and as far as whoever said what... I just created a new character and got the same issue. So don't feed your trolling bull!@#$. Let it go people, it'll get fixed when it's fixed. %^-*!ing doesn't speed that along.
oh well, guess ill play rift while they fix it lol