Nightmare Shred Tank Build

Witch Doctor
I just finished shredding my way through nightmare stacking vit/int gear and tanking pretty much every mob/boss. No need to kite anything, just stand there for the most part and nuke everything down. Mostly solo but did a few quests with some randoms that loved me since they didn't have to kite named packs all over the place.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#cUdRPT!cZU!bZZaZZ

I like hex here for the most part cause it is giving you a little healer and has the same CD as SH so I can just spam them at the same time when i run in. If you want to go super tanky you can switch in the aoe fear + 100% armor boost for a total of 80% dmg reduction. Or you can switch it into the blood lust totem pole for more burst on bosses.

So you get all of your cds going and then just sit there twirling around with plague bats shredding everything down.

I used this throughout nightmare including single target bosses. I had 2 deaths which were due to some "poison immune" mobs and caused me to take too much dmg.

Enjoy.
Hey i'm just interested, what are your stats? e.g. Level, damage, int, vit, health, manna pool and mana regen?
I'm in hell mode right now don't remember the exact stats but I ended nightmare with around 20k hp and probably 1800ish dmg, 875 mana. I only use pcs with high vit/int and try to get +hp regen if possible as a side stat.
yea i was a boss in NM with stats close to your's too until i hit HELL and took an arrow to the knee. i can guarantee you one thing, you won't be shred tanking your way through HELL and definately not in INFERNO.
Hell will be harded granted. But +1 for being the only other Doc I've come across using Plague Bats. People won't take their mouths off Dire Bats.

Sheep gonna bleat.
So what build is the best? I've been basically screwing around trying to figure out best dmg/best tank stuff

right now i'm using

burning dogs, soul harvest w life, acid cloud, guarantuan, exploding toads, and dire bats. seems to do a ton of dmg at the moment in NM but i'm only just starting act 3
05/19/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Xenomorph
1.8k for hell is horrible you need to buff your intell man.

05/19/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Borelgund
yea i was a boss in NM with stats close to your's too until i hit HELL and took an arrow to the knee. i can guarantee you one thing, you won't be shred tanking your way through HELL and definately not in INFERNO.

2200 dmg and 30k hp atm just shredded the skeleton king tutorial boss in hell. Will see how the rest of Act 1 goes but so far its shred tank.

Obviously my stats will go up, level 50+ gear does not generally drop in nightmare so not much better unless I wanted to blow my gold for some overpriced leveling gear in the AH. I'll just keep shreddin.
Basically, buy items with int/vit from AH. Pick any build you like, roll through NM, Hell.
Have to agree with you guys on the plague bats. They're not on my roster now, but was really making use of them with a poison build I played around with. It was great fun! I mean dire bats are ok, but my god are they boring.

edit: spelling
I really am enjoying this build, I just tweaked the original posters build a bit more to my taste. I swapped out Gargantuan for Zombie Dogs because I figured they would die a bit faster and that would remind me to summon them every time. However with jungle fortitude, bad medicine, and the armor bonus from horrify these damn dogs wont freaking die..Yes it is only act 3 NM that I am in but it is working pretty well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#cRYPdX!ZcU!baYaZY