entire PC crashes a couple minutes into game

Technical Support
1 2 3 26 Next
i know this thread has been created before, but i guess it's gonna take a million of them for blizz to notice. as much as i love you blizz, this problem is on your end and we need help!!
I have the same thing happening to me. I actually got to play for 20 mins and then the computer turns off. As much as I was excited to finally get m hands on the game it appears that blizzard needed a ton more time in beta testing.
Yup, full comp shut down. No real reason to keep bumping two threads, other than my general disappointment.

I'm loading up the 301.24 beta drivers and I'll let you all know how it goes.
Well, I'm probably going to crash in 10 minutes or so, but I updated every single win7 update (probably pointless) and then got the 301.24 nvidia beta drivers, and I haven't crashed yet. So, that is my entirely non-technical advice.
This isn't a software issue. Your computer should NEVER turn itself off unless you tell it to.

Most common cause for a computer to completely shut down like this is due to overheating. You need to clear all the vents, fans and heatsinks of dust/cat hair/etc.
I will play for about 10-15 min then my monitor goes to sleep and I am unable to wake it back up. Mouse and keyboard wont turn back on the monitor. I have to cut the power to the whole computer and then turn it back on. Only happens when playing Diablo3
ive monitored the temp, checked drivers, lowered fps, graphic settings, and resolution to dang near nothing...still, no cigar. and if i can play skyrim on high graphics i highly doubt this game could do anything to my pc. i just can't see how it could be on my end, my video card is brand new.

and gordardon, didja crash yet?

EDIT: btw, the first time it happened the entire computer shut down, second time it looped the music, went black and forced me to hard reboot
and if i can play skyrim on high graphics i highly doubt this game could do anything to my pc. i just can't see how it could be on my end, my video card is brand new.

That doesn't really mean anything. In fact, since it's new, it's quite possible the video card is defective. Also, if you were monitoring the temperatures, what temperatures were you seeing for the CPU cores and the GPU, while playing the game?
and if i can play skyrim on high graphics i highly doubt this game could do anything to my pc. i just can't see how it could be on my end, my video card is brand new.

That doesn't really mean anything. In fact, since it's new, it's quite possible the video card is defective. Also, if you were monitoring the temperatures, what temperatures were you seeing for the CPU cores and the GPU, while playing the game?

I was monitoring my GPU temps: idle 35, running D3: 43, crashes at 43 or 44. Mu system is dust free and has plenty of ventilation.

I was monitoring my GPU temps: idle 35, running D3: 43, crashes at 43 or 44. Mu system is dust free and has plenty of ventilation.

Okay, but what about your CPU core temperatures? Those matter as well.
i can see where your coming from, and i wouldnt call myself the most tech savvy but if its my system thats the problem then why is it only with this game and no others?
I second this. I can run SWTOR and BF3 in all high res glory with my gtx 580's overclocked and I can't run this game. I get the issue over and over again and I have had to hard reset everytime to the point now that I have ruined the boot partition and my machine now boots with an endless loop on check disk and windows recovery. Can't boot in safe mode or anything.

Well done blizz. Trying to troubleshoot your game has stuffed my PC.

Thanks heaps.

Some blue responses would be nice.
Nobody's card is defective. Many people are having this issue.

Okay, but what about your CPU core temperatures? Those matter as well.

My cores idle at 30, and D3 pushes them to a whopping 40-42 when it freezes up.
having same problem. get to play for about 10 min then monitor goes to sleep and nothing is responsive. i have to power down every time. diablo is only game that does this on my computer. Skyrim, MW3, and BF3 all run without difficulty. I hope someone can address this issue soon.
Same thing happening to me no response from a Blue Bird yet.
I even tried to play in windowed mode to see it would make a difference with no luck. I had to restart about 10 times already. lol finally called it quits to check out the forum to see if anyone else is having this problem
It must not be a widespread problem if blizzard didnt address it yet
05/15/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Magmann
I even tried to play in windowed mode to see it would make a difference with no luck. I had to restart about 10 times already. lol finally called it quits to check out the forum to see if anyone else is having this problem

welcome to the club!
i dont have a clue why they havent addressed it, ive watched them reply to several stupid questions today but not our epic problem.