"Increases attack speed by"

Items and Crafting
Currently there are two different but what appears to be very similar stat rolls on items.
"Attack speed increased by" these, directly increase my attack speed, visually, and shown in stats.
However
"Increases attack speed by" all i know from these is, i purchased these boots from the AH http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/boj-anglers
Just to test them out i go in the game. pull up my stats, and equip them. nothing changes though. no stat change, no from what i can tell visual change.
Can anyone give me some insight to this?
Thanks.
That's really weird. :/
I get the samething with my Goldwrap. My attack speed stays the same when i equip it.
I was thinking about going to the AH and purchasing an IAS product, but if they don't work what's the point?? Thanks for the info!!!
Yeah, for anyone else wondering how to watch out for it. The stat "Attack speed increased by" works fine, however "increases attack speed by" does not.
I assume it will be addressed soon
Just a thought but perhaps "Attack speed increased by" increases your attack speed by that amount as you would expect and "Increases attack speed by" increases your current attack speed by a % of your current attack speed?

Similarly how crit works.

For example if you had attack speed increased by 10% on one item and 1% IAS on another perhaps you would end up with 10.1% attack speed. Therefore, the difference would be so minute there's no change? :D

Just speculating.
Just a thought but perhaps "Attack speed increased by" increases your attack speed by that amount as you would expect and "Increases attack speed by" increases your current attack speed by a % of your current attack speed?

Similarly how crit works.

For example if you had attack speed increased by 10% on one item and 1% IAS on another perhaps you would end up with 10.1% attack speed. Therefore, the difference would be so minute there's no change? :D

Just speculating.

Makes sense but at the same time it doesn't.

If that's the case then what you are saying is that if I have attack speed overall increased by 200% and one other another IAS item that in increases it by %10 percent, I am really getting 220% because I am getting 10% of 200%?

Unless I am crazy 10% of 200% is still 10%. If it wasn't a percent then that would be different.
Either way it's hard to believe that they wouldn't show you in your stats that your getting that particular bonus. To me it seems like the product of a rushed game but I would be perfectly fine if there was a reasonable explanation describing what bonus you are actually getting.

Like that commercial, I feel like the beta test is not over.
bump, still not fixed
the only reason I can see is to have two mods that do the same thing so you could have a lucky mod roll that stacks them... rather than 1 mod with a larger range.

bit of a stretch imo, seems like vestigial code
I posted a bug report on this one. It has been deleted off the bug report forum by mods (?) now, and my Goldwrap now works. Sounds like it might not be fixed for everybody?
bump
^
Yeah whats the deal with these items not working?
Just got ripped off 2M T_T for Inna's Glory (Pants)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/innas-glory
looking for a fix for my crossbow... need some blue attention on this
http://i45.tinypic.com/t5slm8.png
i just bought those inna pants for 445k , now they dont work>>> lammmmeeee