Is a refund possible?

Technical Support
Prev 1 6 7 8 12 Next

I haven't had any DC issues since the game was released, some bad latency here and there but I expected that. I would suggest run a few trace routs if you haven't and check for responses. Also if you haven't, update your router firmware but I supposed you have done so since you said u have done every fix possible.

Sorry guys, I guess i will enjoy the game for you. It is most def not Blizz issue or at least it is not 100% since not 100% of the users are having issues. From my group of friends I knew of only 1 that was having issues, but after our own troubleshooting we realized were the problem was and fixed it for him. And it wasn't on Blizz end.

Well maybe you guys can use your extensive knowledge to tell me why my latency is amazing at 4-5 AM PDTm, and it never drops below 300ms at 5 PM PDT. I have done everything I can, even contacting my ISP to determine if there was an issue in my immediate network, they can't find anything wrong. I have no other recourse at this point. I get great latency in the early morning and better latency when connecting to EU servers. I live 220 miles away from the west coast North America servers. My game is playable, at least I am not getting disconnected constantly like some poor folk, however having 300m latency with occasional lag spikes up to 600+ isn't fun when trying to play the harder difficulties, much less a hardcore character.

I am glad that some of you guys can play the game fine. That's all find and dandy. A lot of us can't.

If you have done everything Blizz asks you to do then I would tell you to wait a week or 2 if you can. As I said I do not think the problem is 100% on Blizz side, I do feel they need to polish the game experience a little and explore solutions and how to help people.

You have to understand that X solution is not going to work for everyone, I imagine that is why they are telling ppl to do the usual troubleshooting. I imagine later on they will find a good way to counter the issues like high latency once they seen all the causes or most of them.

If you have done stuff for your pc like make sure it has no malware or viruses, all windows updates are done, at least lan, sound and video drivers are up to date, your router has the latest firmware and your have done the port forwarding and you still have latency issues, you could try the leatrix latency fix (pretty standard on the gaming community) then I would suggest waiting.
If the game was added to your account via the World of Warcraft Annual Pass there's nothing that can be refunded as it was never purchased.

How is that FREE!? It's like signing up for a 2 year contract for a PHONE and getting a "FREE" droid/iphone. The fact that your stuck for the amount of time with them is how you actually PAY FOR IT.

I'm not made of money and I was just about to quit wow when the annual pass came out. ATM I was playing WoW and EVE, I had money problems and decided to close one of the game accounts down. If I had known Diablo 3 was going to be a huge disaster I would have kept playing EVE Online instead. Then maybe when diablo 3 came out I would have bought it.
All I'm saying is that the annual pass did NOT give me a "FREE" game, not to mention the HORRIBLE mount they gave us too. Bizzard needs to fix the glitch it has when you mount them and someone selects your character even after you have dismounted it selection circle is HUGE.

I guess I learned my lesson, "Never sign up for another type of annual pass again".

P.S. AGAIN! NOT FREE!!!!!11!!!!2!!
At least they are giving refunds...even if those are as hard to get as it is to actually play the game. Gonna wait 1 more week maybe 2 then I am going to be 60$ richer aswell cuz this game is going back, wait did i say game? I meant this useless cd is going back.
If the game was added to your account via the World of Warcraft Annual Pass there's nothing that can be refunded as it was never purchased.

How is that FREE!? It's like signing up for a 2 year contract for a PHONE and getting a "FREE" droid/iphone. The fact that your stuck for the amount of time with them is how you actually PAY FOR IT.

I'm not made of money and I was just about to quit wow when the annual pass came out. ATM I was playing WoW and EVE, I had money problems and decided to close one of the game accounts down. If I had known Diablo 3 was going to be a huge disaster I would have kept playing EVE Online instead. Then maybe when diablo 3 came out I would have bought it.
All I'm saying is that the annual pass did NOT give me a "FREE" game, not to mention the HORRIBLE mount they gave us too. Bizzard needs to fix the glitch it has when you mount them and someone selects your character even after you have dismounted it selection circle is HUGE.

I guess I learned my lesson, "Never sign up for another type of annual pass again".

P.S. AGAIN! NOT FREE!!!!!11!!!!2!!

You could ask them to undo the contract so you don't need to pay for WoW anymore. When u sing a 2 year contract and you cancel early do to stuff that is out of your control, the company will ask u to mail the phone back or they will charge you full price for the phone. Is not that you get it Free, it is a discounted price. Same as with D3, u got it for 'free' but it is not working for you so in theory I am sure you could ask them to take u off that 1 year sub of wow and u can cancel your wow sub if u want.
i agree you ripped people off blizz, thats !@#$ed up so much for blizz being player friendly
I got a refund. Hour and a half of waiting on the phone, but the process only took five minutes. Great customer service other than the wait time. Just need the money and time for other things.
Kurayamí:
How you can so stupid? If somebody cant play Diablo 3 is them foult and thats all?
You are tellig it because u can play with the game???
Stupidnes level over 9000
If this game is so cool why are there 260X50 13000 post in a week?(with many many ppl in each post?)

(IM a system engineer !!!!!)
Why is that I CANT PLAY THE DAM GAME???
Im tryied to fix it IN EVERY WAY...... But because is working for you im the stupid?!!!!!
Dam you man!

Im Reinstalled the gam the OS Many times!!!!
Updated everything... and tried the older versions too....
Defragmented ALL drives... multiple times.... Checked for Memory errors..... with programs u cant even REACH!!!
Nothing Errors!!

Changed the RAM the VGA the CPU !!!! errors.....
Bought a new HDD.... nope still errors !!!!
My router is upto date... but is still get lagss sometimses..
And my main problem is the Data Validation Failure... Wich may cause by fregmanted HDD memyory problems or so onn..
THIS DAM BUG is there in WoW till Catalyst !!! Blizz cant even think what is caused!!!

And here we are in Diablo 3. many years later !!!
And i CANT PLAY WHIT IT!!!

And Actually I have a Mac and a PC at home... GET THE ERRORS IN BOTH!!!!!
Thats my fault im know!

But im the stupid because you can play the game!!!!

FUG YOU.... stupidnes would hurt you would screaming!!!

The problems are not in the Blizz side... OF COURSE is in ours....
We Sucked because boguth the game!!

And know im agressive......
Jep IM!
Im waited for this like 12 years?!......
And what i get? a Bugged dam game....
Wisch are disappointed me so bad in many other ways too!!!
But MAINLY I CANT PLAY WITH IT normally!!!
@Kurayami
Its not 100% Blizz problem? Dont make me laugh,
HOW this cannot be Blizz problem if not just me but everyone can play another games properly?
Diablo was one of most expected games ever, and they just didnt got prepared for this I DONT KNOW WHY, cuz Blizz is god damn big game company.
Ur just talking like this cuz its not U with this problems.

First they created a game single player online.
Second theres a lot of problems and they want us to try to fix it. Sure we can play another games with no problem but when we play Diablo 3 its like our fault.
Someone who never played D1 or D2, buying D3 and not understanding any of its mechanics so they want a refund by blaming small bugs and their own disconnect issues?...

This is new and very original...

I smell a WoW kid upset over them not getting to 60 or into nightmare.
I will be returning my copy for a refund as soon as I can get an actual ticket when the lines are not "full"
If you purchased the game, you can get it refunded as long as the receipt shows the purchase date in the last 30 days at the time a refund is requested. If the game was added to your account via the World of Warcraft Annual Pass there's nothing that can be refunded as it was never purchased.

For more information, please contact our Billing Department.

Billing representatives are on hand to take your call between 7am to 8pm Pacific Time, 7 days a week at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378.

If it has passed 30days, you would need BBB's help, beter business bureal, but that would only work, if customer support mislead + mis advertisements.
I have a boxed copy and Tech support told me the only way to get a refund was to go back to Gamestop where I purchased it. Tech support told me there is a good chance I won't get a refund on my product since Gamestop likely will not refund me the money.
It is confirmed that Gamestop will not give me a refund. I will not longer buy any pc hard copy game and I will never purchase a Blizzard product again.

I wasted nearly 2 hours waiting for tech support based on what blue text said in this forum. You should of specified it was for DIGITAL only your reply to this thread
@Kurayami
Its not 100% Blizz problem? Dont make me laugh,
HOW this cannot be Blizz problem if not just me but everyone can play another games properly?
Diablo was one of most expected games ever, and they just didnt got prepared for this I DONT KNOW WHY, cuz Blizz is god damn big game company.
Ur just talking like this cuz its not U with this problems.

First they created a game single player online.
Second theres a lot of problems and they want us to try to fix it. Sure we can play another games with no problem but when we play Diablo 3 its like our fault.

It is easy to points fingers man, but it was 100% blizz problem no one would be able to play. As I said, a friend of mine had problems and we figured out what is wrong. Now I understand that is not the same experience for everyone, getting mad at me is not going to solve your problem, getting mad a Blizz is not going to solve it either. If you are 100% positive you have done everything on your part then wait for patches or driver updates that should be coming out soon.

You should try and see the positive side that a lot of other people are playing the game with very minimal issues. I still think the latency should be improved but that is all I have to say on my part.
Kurayamí:
How you can so stupid? If somebody cant play Diablo 3 is them foult and thats all?
You are tellig it because u can play with the game???
Stupidnes level over 9000
If this game is so cool why are there 260X50 13000 post in a week?(with many many ppl in each post?)

(IM a system engineer !!!!!)
Why is that I CANT PLAY THE DAM GAME???
Im tryied to fix it IN EVERY WAY...... But because is working for you im the stupid?!!!!!
Dam you man!

Im Reinstalled the gam the OS Many times!!!!
Updated everything... and tried the older versions too....
Defragmented ALL drives... multiple times.... Checked for Memory errors..... with programs u cant even REACH!!!
Nothing Errors!!

Changed the RAM the VGA the CPU !!!! errors.....
Bought a new HDD.... nope still errors !!!!
My router is upto date... but is still get lagss sometimses..
And my main problem is the Data Validation Failure... Wich may cause by fregmanted HDD memyory problems or so onn..
THIS DAM BUG is there in WoW till Catalyst !!! Blizz cant even think what is caused!!!

And here we are in Diablo 3. many years later !!!
And i CANT PLAY WHIT IT!!!

And Actually I have a Mac and a PC at home... GET THE ERRORS IN BOTH!!!!!
Thats my fault im know!

But im the stupid because you can play the game!!!!

FUG YOU.... stupidnes would hurt you would screaming!!!

The problems are not in the Blizz side... OF COURSE is in ours....
We Sucked because boguth the game!!

And know im agressive......
Jep IM!
Im waited for this like 12 years?!......
And what i get? a Bugged dam game....
Wisch are disappointed me so bad in many other ways too!!!
But MAINLY I CANT PLAY WITH IT normally!!!

I prefer being stupid and be able to play than genius and not be able to find a solution to my issue or patience to wait for a patch. While you rage I alt-tab to check on forums and alt tab back in the game.

Does that answer your question ?
It is confirmed that Gamestop will not give me a refund. I will not longer buy any pc hard copy game and I will never purchase a Blizzard product again.

I wasted nearly 2 hours waiting for tech support based on what blue text said in this forum. You should of specified it was for DIGITAL only your reply to this thread

Try calling Blizz. I saw a blue post saying they will give refunds within a 30 day period. I am sure stores can't do much since you need a key to play the game.
Man you really think is the way? FEW MAN?
Jeh of course a few man....

Im ANGRY because problem like i have and others they are in WoW for years for example!!!
Without fixing!!!

Im mad because a disapointed about the game! About Blizzard with all BUGS and mistakes what they did...
And if it would the BLIZZARD and would happend with Diablo 3 AND
IF not ONE BORED MAN WHOSE DIABLO 3 IS WORKING Writing a ina BUG report About how stupid we are .. Must we doing something wrong that why our game didint work....

Then maybe i wouldt ANGRY!!!!
EVERYBODY WHOS DONT WANA HELP DONT SPAMING AND TROLLIN FUG OFF!!!!!

BORED DAM ASSES Whose writing in BUG REPORT ABOUT "My game is working.... That didint blizz fault its Yours" .... Just go Play or what els dont writing here!!!!!
And yes is answered my question .... About you... Dam troll... Go play dont laugh about others whos cant.... Because of "them" fault.....
dude, I kinda want a refund too. THANK GOD THERE IS NO MONTHLY PAYMENT!!!!!
And tell me why is ther wasant any Huge amount of bugreport and ect about other good selling games in a half year period??
There was many good selling game Skyrim, Mass effect.... Ect
There wasant so many disapointed gamers whos cant even play!
(ok in Mass effect because of the ending)
Why is that? Because the didint Faild make a game "proper"?!

Blizzard maked a RULE.... You need to be online for Singleplayer for example...
The only one whose FAILD provide the conditions for MANY PPL is the Blizzard.....

AND IM wanted to play now...
Why?
Is simple.... I PAYED for it.... And I want it when im payed not tomorow not 1 mouth later NOW.... That simple

And i didint speaked about my friends are way left me in the game ( and other 2-3 friends whose get errors too!!)
I hate it!