So Has Blizzard Given Up or...

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
So for the last 2 days the only hotfix was "nerf the wizard spell" and then maintenance on commodities auction house which didn't fix anything.
You do realize that the people who work at Blizzard have lives too, right?

It's the weekend, not only that, most people have Monday off, yet last I knew, Blizzard plans on making a game announcement on Monday, even though it's a holiday. (For us MERICANS)

If anything major changes, it won't be till later next month.
As Jadefang said, Bashiok posted yesterday saying that they had planned a post addressing the larger player concerns (itemization, balance .. etc) made by Jay Wilson (I assume) on Monday.
05/26/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Jadefang
Blizzard plans on making a game announcement on Monday, even though it's a holiday.

Link to this?
That's great you know all this information, but most of us never even saw that post.
The amount of people who have even unlocked Inferno is so infinitesimally small (relatively speaking), and the number of people who are attempting content beyond what their gear/skill allows, means we don't really have a ton of data to look at yet. Plus the item economy at the higher levels is extremely limited just because the number of people able to progress is even smaller. People tend to underestimate gear value, or want difficulty progression to be a linear curve. Not everyone enjoys the steep difficulty incline and need to take a step back on improving their characters, builds, technique, etc. But it certainly is a case of overcoming difficulty through skills and gear as there are cases of all classes continuing to clear Inferno post-nerfs.

Anyway, we'll have an article up on the front page on Monday that gives a couple fun stats, and goes into explaining a few of the things we're working on and maybe some rough time frames.

I think we're about to see the busiest weekend for the game yet, with the most amount of people online and enjoying the game together. We're looking forward to a bright future for the game for years to come. We're in it for the long haul.

(Pro tip! See the blue BLIZZ icon to the right of this post? Clicking it will take you to any subsequent blue posts in the thread. Check it out!)
05/26/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Firrae
Blizzard plans on making a game announcement on Monday, even though it's a holiday.

Link to this?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5152412188?page=9#176
The amount of people who have even unlocked Inferno is so infinitesimally small, and the number of people who are attempting content beyond what their gear/skill allows, means we don't really have a ton of data to look at yet. Plus the item economy at the higher levels is extremely limited just because the number of people able to progress is even smaller. People tend to underestimate gear value, or want difficulty progression to be a linear curve. Not everyone enjoys the steep difficulty incline and need to take a step back on improving their characters, builds, technique, etc. But it certainly is a case of overcoming difficulty through skills and gear as there are cases of all classes continuing to clear Inferno post-nerfs.

Anyway, we'll have an article up on the front page on Monday that gives a couple fun stats, and goes into explaining a few of the things we're working on and maybe some rough time frames.

I think we're about to see the busiest weekend for the game yet, with the most amount of people online and enjoying the game together. We're looking forward to a bright future for the game for years to come. We're in it for the long haul.

Thank you sir... you are the best.
The amount of people who have even unlocked Inferno is so infinitesimally small, and the number of people who are attempting content beyond what their gear/skill allows, means we don't really have a ton of data to look at yet. Plus the item economy at the higher levels is extremely limited just because the number of people able to progress is even smaller. People tend to underestimate gear value, or want difficulty progression to be a linear curve. Not everyone enjoys the steep difficulty incline and need to take a step back on improving their characters, builds, technique, etc. But it certainly is a case of overcoming difficulty through skills and gear as there are cases of all classes continuing to clear Inferno post-nerfs.

Thanks for the post, Bashiok. Do you think that one area of concern that may get looked at is that people aren't able to gear up for Infernon Act 1, even, without going to the AH and spending a lot of gold. Is this intended (To gear up solely through the AH) or will the drops at the end of Hell be better adjusted to help gear up for Inferno Act 1 and so on.
Good response, confirms what I suspected.
05/26/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Bashiok
But it certainly is a case of overcoming difficulty through skills and gear as there are cases of all classes continuing to clear Inferno post-nerfs.

Given the variance of the builds that actually progress within each class, it's much more gear than skills. This is a Big Problem(tm).

We're in it for the long haul.

I would hope so. Oh, and thanks for posting on a weekend.
People tend to underestimate gear value

yup, the items in the AH for 15 million and up really are undervalued huh... they should really be worth at least 100 million
INFINITESIMALLY small? Really? I feel like that has to be an exaggeration..

I just hope what you guys are working on is what we actually want...

Thanks for the heads up Bashiok! I'm sure people will still find something to pull out of this to complain about. Inferno may need some tweaks, but It really was not meant to be beaten this fast legitimately.
We're looking forward to a bright future for the game for years to come. We're in it for the long haul.

Remember Bashiok - that you just wrote that in stone - don't be a liar bro! I believe in yooooou!

(seriously though - Monday - details)