Weapon Speed + Certain Skills

Witch Doctor
I Am trying to figure out if my weapon speed affects certain aspects of some skills

I.E. if i use a big slow pole arm that has high damage per hit wont that make my pets hit for a
% of that bigger hit? and if so will the slow speed of the pole arm have any affect on the attack speed of my pets, or will they just hit harder and at the same speed as if i was using a stone dagger.

basically i am assuming that when a skill hits for 200% weapon damage it is hitting for 200% of a rolled hit within the listed damage range of the weapon and not some number based on the
"DPS" of the weapon.
+ attack speed helps with Poison Dart, but your weapon attack speed does nothing.
I found that it does. I had a 2h polearm with .97 Attacks per second and I was casting much slower than say a weapon with 1.2. Try it out, you'll notice a difference
I already have no doubt that Weapon speed Affects the rate at which you cast spells im just trying to understand if it affects things like pet attack speeds and "i'm still too low for this one"
Spirit Barrage's manitou rune Where the spirit periodically attacks stuff, of weapon speed has no affect on these things, and they hit with the damage of whatever weapon that you are holding im thinking that a build that uses big slow 2 handers might be realy cool
05/17/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Azrik
I found that it does. I had a 2h polearm with .97 Attacks per second and I was casting much slower than say a weapon with 1.2. Try it out, you'll notice a difference

It most certainly does effect it.
Sorry i made a Typo earlier, i have edited my previous post