Single Player Diablo III

General Discussion
Why should we have to endure things like server outages and poor latency when all we want to do is play "SINGLE PLAYER"??

If Battle.net or the AH has to go offline, that's fine, why should we be booted from the game in a single player environment though?

IMO Blizzard, you guys had it spot on when you differentiated between Ladder characters and Single player/Co-op players.

Having to be booted out because of patching or maintenance is ridiculous when you offer a single player option to the game.

I understand your concern with hacking and security but I really think you should have added functionality for that before releasing what is otherwise a fantastic addition to the franchise.

/Signed
A concerned fan.
D3 is a multi-player game. There is no single-player option, per se. If you choose to play by yourself, rather than in a group, that's your prerogative. But the game was designed for on-line only, connected to a game server, with the server and client processing and syncing game events. There is no off-line mode (ala D2).
Not this again...
05/19/2012 03:22 AMPosted by Revan
Not this again...

Get used to it. Given Diablo's history, and dungeon crawler history in general, it's not surprising that people are confused by the on-line requirement. You can't really blame them for that.
I don't blame them for being confused. I blame them for making 300 threads a day about it.
05/19/2012 03:27 AMPosted by Revan
I don't blame them for being confused. I blame them for making 300 threads a day about it.

Just report and move along.
Why should we have to endure things like server outages and poor latency when all we want to do is play "SINGLE PLAYER"??

If Battle.net or the AH has to go offline, that's fine, why should we be booted from the game in a single player environment though?

IMO Blizzard, you guys had it spot on when you differentiated between Ladder characters and Single player/Co-op players.

Having to be booted out because of patching or maintenance is ridiculous when you offer a single player option to the game.

I understand your concern with hacking and security but I really think you should have added functionality for that before releasing what is otherwise a fantastic addition to the franchise.

/Signed
A concerned fan.

Do not endure it. First, be an informed consumer to avoid problems like this and secondly you are not being forced to participate. Beyond that, good luck wrangling the corporation around to your idea of how it should be were it your world.
Because it's easier to put the blame on someone else.

Blizzard doesn't force people to spend their money.
So offline mode and offline only characters are hard?

I like the idea of online co-op and PvP but fail to see why anyone should have to be Online to play through the campaign solo.

There are a tonne of threads about this I know, but I have yet to see an official Blizzard post regarding this.

Can anyone send a link through to Blizzards response to this issue? Surely there must be one out there somewhere. Google simply returns a bunch of posts like this one. ^_^
boo hoo no offline mode blah blah move on ppl nothing to see here
05/19/2012 04:26 AMPosted by cavemanjim
boo hoo no offline mode blah blah move on ppl nothing to see here

Thanks for your constructive response.
Case and point: Another service update that will interrupt my "Single player campaign". That's the third one today.
05/19/2012 04:23 AMPosted by Sighted
Can anyone send a link through to Blizzards response to this issue? Surely there must be one out there somewhere. Google simply returns a bunch of posts like this one. ^_^

Umm. What issue? The game wasn't designed to play solo =p
I did not realize that D3 was strictly multiplayer when I bought it. I am a tad disappointed. Even Starcraft II had a single player campaign.
05/19/2012 03:15 AMPosted by Sighted

Majority of Diablo 2 populace played "Closed Battle.net" because "Open Battle.net" was full of hacks. and frankly the game got boring in single player after 2 years of play. You will thank them in 3 to 5 years when you are still playing the game and it is an enjoyable experience.

If you don't plan on playing the game for that long then your not a hardcore fan and you wont be missed once you beat the game lol.
agreed sir