Nightmare+ Boss Item Drops

Items and Crafting
Throughout normal difficulty, the first time you kill a boss, it drops at least one rare. In nightmare and above, this does not happen. I feel like there is no reason to want to progress through the game without the carrot of some cool items dropping from the next "new" boss. Why can't we just get a big pile of loot (like normal) the first time we kill a boss?
I have to agree with you, and it is not just me but all of my friends as well. At least they can make the rare drops amount decreased from nightmare, hell and inferno bosses compared to normal where my friends and I got 3 to 4 rare drops each so 12 - 16 rare drops total not counting the magical ones.

But yesterday when I cleared Act 1, none of the bosses dropped any rares and the blues quality was ugly compared to bosses from normal difficulty. Need some balancing here imho.
you can get a big pile of loot :P grind with high MF
I disagree, im at nightmare mode with 89%MF equips, most of the time i get the yellow ones. i always get yellow items on BOSSES 95% drop rate and 70% drop rate in MINI BOSSES.
I have 6 legendary loots and aiming for set items namely "Immortal King Set" and "Tal Rasha Set". Currently @ lvl 39 ACT II Nightmare.
I too have noticed a lower rare drop rate from elites and bosses.

At most, I am getting some blues dropping, and then I get annoyed when I see other players identifying, and then I know they have got a rare = and I didnt. :(
I disagree, im at nightmare mode with 89%MF equips, most of the time i get the yellow ones. i always get yellow items on BOSSES 95% drop rate and 70% drop rate in MINI BOSSES.
I have 6 legendary loots and aiming for set items namely "Immortal King Set" and "Tal Rasha Set". Currently @ lvl 39 ACT II Nightmare.

It just seems completely backwards to require MF to get good drops at higher difficulties than Normal. It should be the other way around. They already acknowledge this trend by the fact that when you do get yellow+ drops in Nightmare+, they're of a higher lvl relative to your lvl than at Normal. Normal rares are always a few levels behind you. NM+ rares are closer to your actual level.

AFAIK there is no explanation from Blizzard on their thinking here. They would probably at first think people are demanding big boss loot like D2 and tout out the whole "we want you to do champion fights not boss runs" line. But this isn't about boss run after boss run after boss run. This is about the first time through. You get 3 rares for killing Diablo on Normal and jack!@#$ blues for killing him in NM - when it took 10 times longer to get there. what kind of sense does that make??

^^Edit: I'm satisfied with the champion/elite drops in NM for the most part and I know why MF matters, and you can't just toss rares to everybody (or they wouldn't be rare). But spec'ing for MF in anything other than Barb or Monk is a !@#$%. Non-"Hang in a firefight and never die" classes (like Wizard) can't spec for 80-90 MF without getting trounced at higher levels. At least, I'd like someone to show me items that aren't otherwise substandard that haver 8-10% MF each - and aren't themselves super-rare drops you can only get after 5,000 hrs of grinding or 2m gold on the AH.
I'm on act 3 of nightmare and haven't gotten any rare drops and i'm running solo on witch doc with MF at 113%. It went from look at all this junk rare in norm to wtf give me something atleast. I think i'm almost better off running no MF and bumping up my dps so that i can kill faster.
05/21/2012 03:26 PMPosted by TheGreg20
I'm on act 3 of nightmare and haven't gotten any rare drops and i'm running solo on witch doc with MF at 113%. It went from look at all this junk rare in norm to wtf give me something atleast. I think i'm almost better off running no MF and bumping up my dps so that i can kill faster.

You actually hit the nail on the head, killing faster is statistically the way to go. I think even blizzard said that.
Once you get a character with nephalim valor you can farm all of the bosses for guaranteed rares.

You know. For your alts.