why cant i play

Mac Technical Support
i have downloaded the game and everything but when i start the game and it dosnt let me play it wont even let me click play what is wrong do i have to pay to play the game or what is wrong
I have the same problem
Is it giving any status, like updating files, initializing, please wait, etc?

Also, can you post your system specs?

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)
It is doing the same thing to me right now. It keeps popping up with "failed to update tools"

or "an error has occurred"

WTF. I just want to play, I just bought it today and haven't even tried it yet.
I'm having the same issue, Log In button simply does not work, very frustrating. I loaded it on my PC first, then on my Mac...same issue on both systems??? I'm not getting any error messages at all, just won't let me play the game.
I have the same problem as Jrod, I can get to the login screen it just won't let me login to actually play the game. I added the game on my battle net account and have current patch updates
So I'm seeing several issues reported here, but the OP hasn't responded. If you are having issues, please create a separate thread. We don't want to mix issues if you are not having the same issue.

Creating a new thread for your separate issue will be the best way of getting assistance so we don't mix issues.
Looks like Rappy is the only one with a different issue...I created a support ticket for it yesterday as well, still waiting for a response.
This is seriously annoying me now, I've done all of the suggested fixes and the same issue exists...on BOTH my Mac and my PC...so I'm thinking it's just the game. I think I'm going to take it back to the store and demand a refund...absolutely a big waste of time.
So let me ask you this, when you boot up in safe mode for Mac, does the launcher update and allow you to hit play?

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/booting-mac-in-safe-mode