You Will Die in Inferno!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 17 Next

not even close, u failed to give an example, Athlete practiced years preparing to this event, Those gamers practiced 0 time before d3 .
Nobody came into diablo 3 never having played a video game of any kind and got to inferno in 1 day. These people are pro gamers, they've spent countless hours on other games and have worked out an exploit to get further. So yes, they have spent many hours practicing by figuring out countless other games before this.

not even close, u failed to give an example, Athlete practiced years preparing to this event, Those gamers practiced 0 time before d3 .
Nobody came into diablo 3 never having played a video game of any kind and got to inferno in 1 day. These people are pro gamers, they've spent countless hours on other games and have worked out an exploit to get further. So yes, they have spent many hours practicing by figuring out countless other games before this.

You're really stretching it, pal. Are you a fan of these guys or something?
05/17/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Warrior
t's like watching the best athlete in a sport compete and when they do well you say "Look how easy that is."

They were professional WoW raiders to my understanding, and WoW raiding's always been tougher than anything in the Diablo series.

Imagine if you were watching Michael Phelps run a track meet, and he won on his first try. Would you honestly be that surprised given how well he's done in swimming?
Actually, these guys have been putting more time into Diablo 3 than most. For anyone who's been working or attending school as normal while still getting enough sleep, I doubt they'd even be through Nightmare by now.

that is true for me. Yesterday I finished act 3 on normal and today I might get to nightmare
05/17/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Strawhat

They were professional WoW raiders to my understanding, and WoW raiding's always been tougher than anything in the Diablo series.

Imagine if you were watching Michael Phelps run a track meet, and he won on his first try. Would you honestly be that surprised given how well he's done in swimming?

Professional WoW raiders?

Thats a self proclamation, such a thing doesn't exist.
It seems easy because you are watching hardcore gamers, but like most of us we arent hardcore, so it will be very tough for us.
Out of curiosity whats the furthest anyone here has gotten in hardcore?
(I havent even tried for I fear my pathetic attempt.)
Here is the breakdown of all diablo games

Normal = ezimode
Nightmare = average difficulty
Hell = hard

-and for the new difficulty level-

Inferno = Brain f***ingly difficult

And as far as hardcore, I got to act 2 then died in a champion pack cuz I lagged hard and didn't hit Q in time
Honestly the people that play all day can have that life.

I myself like to have fun with my wife when it gets dark.

So for all the casual gamers taking your time. High 5 because I know for a fact your getting some real life action at night and be proud of it! :-)

Professional WoW raiders?

Thats a self proclamation, such a thing doesn't exist.

Don't guilds like Paragon get sponsership for races and such?
There always seems to be a lot of advertisement around the top end guilds in the world.
Seriously, people should be banned from this forum if they complain about how easy inferno is before they've even beaten nightmare mode.

We definitely don't want a bunch of threads on this same topic littering up the forum. That said, people are welcome to share their opinions about the game's difficulty.

Frankly, I'm hoping those who do decide to share such opinions read the responses of so many of their peers. To sit on the sidelines and judge the game based on such a limited perspective is counter-productive. Most of us know the only acceptable solution is to ignore the sideline screamers, jump into the game, and slay some demons... you know, have fun. :)

Don't get me wrong, I congratulate those who've made it so far already in Inferno. It's a truly remarkable feat. But the amount of preparation needed, the sheer min-maxing necessary, and the support from other players not in the group (in the form of item farmers, etc.) means I'm not able to relate much to these players at all. In fact, I doubt there are many players out there who can relate to these type of players or their tactics.

And if the majority of us can't relate to that play experience, why do we care how easy or hard the game is for the people who do?
05/17/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Zarhym
And if the majority of us can't relate to that play experience, why do we care how easy or hard the game is for the people who do?

Well said.
agree
05/17/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Zarhym
and the support from other players not in the group (in the form of item farmers, etc.)

Do your tools allow you to know the source of all their equipped items? If what they have equipped is the equivalent of 50 people farming 48 hours for them it totally changes the situation.
They're not 'elite' gamers. They're kids with too much time on their hands.

Although, its interesting how much kids with too much time on their hands coincide with 'elite gamers'.
It's interesting how you tell other people they have too much time on their hand when you take time out of your seemingly busy day to post on a forum about a game that you play when you could instead be playing it if your time is really that limited.