Lucky monks and non monks.

Monk
To those who aren't actually a lvl 60 monk and in Inferno or not a monk at all. Can i please ask you to refrain from commenting, rubbing it in or linking your characters here to compare dps. It is frustrating enough to have to read nonsense but when it comes from Wiz and D.H posting here just to avoid getting nerfed because they are in their comfort zone. Yes, we all know you're worried that you won't be the ONLY ONES being able to do some damage or solo elites and bosses.

For the monks who are actually successful, taking the bananas out of the monks who aren't doing so well and rubbing it in our faces. You're not helping one bit. If you purely managed all this on skill then maybe you can share it with others and teach us instead of dissing us and claiming how great you are because it's not helping. But if you don't intend to then please refrain from laughing while pissing down on us. Thank you.

It may be just luck that you get some nice loots or you happen to group with either already geared ppl or ppl who don't share the same loot as you. Monks have it hard because we share items with D.H and certain items with Witch doctors and Barbs. So not all of us are so lucky as to obtaining nice gears. Again please refrain from taking the mickey out of monk players if you don't play one yourself or if youe lucky in obtaining loots. Thank you and have a nice day.
Until I see a video of a monk in Act 3 Inferno killing champion packs, I just ignore most "MONKS ARE FINE" posts.
I'm pretty sure there are a couple out there. Some might be humble enough to not cause a scene but then there are others who give it all talk but refuse to share. But it's ok i guess. Just would appreciate it if you were successful but yet kept it to themselves like the humble ones. To put it simply, if you've got nothing good or smart to say then don't say anything at all please.
I just made it to act 3 inferno. all solo play as well.
05/22/2012 03:42 AMPosted by Nid
I just made it to act 3 inferno. all solo play as well.

lol. LOL.
grats on skipping your elites all the way to act 3.

LOL.
I got to act 3 in inferno as well but im getting faced rolled..im trying to increase more vit, resist and damage but its getting ridiculusly hard and amount of time you have to spend on the monk to get there is just too much compare to any DH and wiz. The fact that monks just cant dps and have to rely on serenity to even get any decent hits before you gotta run out of there is just not fare. If I knew i still had to kite i would have just played DH or Wiz
Again, people are not looking at the big picture, instead, they piss and moan about it. DH=Pure DPS, Wiz= Pure DPS, Monk =Utility. Theres a lot more flxibility with a Monk than there is over a DH/ Wiz, Also your chances of surviving an "oh !@#$" moment with a monk are far better than a wiz/ Dh. See it time and time again in pubs where good ranged players get steamrolled and the Monk walks away. Your not going to get a smash everything class with the Monk, Thats not how its supposed to be. What you do get is a class thats well rounded and supports other players and can adapt to any scenario thats tossed at it. Will you die?. Yes. But chances are, so will the other class's in the givin scenario. Hands down the monk is meant to be played multiplayer more than solo but can fare in either types. I think theres alot of people are expecting too much too early without exploring th full skillsets/ runesets and really figuring them out in conjuction with each other.
Thank you RBeast25

*slow clap*
the monk is fine.... im lvl 60 don't and never have used quickening and really my only problem in inferno is gear. i can easily solo all of hell with only dying maybe 5 time or less you just need to learn what works best for you to get around certain mobs.

i use my own strategies that i haven't seen posted at all and i will refrain from posting all of them but there is a way around everything it just takes time to find out what that is. but im pretty sure my hell strategies will work in inferno once i get better gear but i guess i will find out
lol. LOL.

LOL.
There are at least 3 packs you HAVE to kill in act 2. Suck it.
If you're struggling with your monk getting steamrolled try different abilities, sweeping wind and good crit chance can tear through mobs once it stacks 3 times. Crippling wave does nice AoE to mobs. Granted I'm still only on act 2 on nightmare. Currently I have crippling wave w/ the crit rune. Blinding flash with the stronger blind rune, sweeping wind w/ the extended effected area, lashing tail kick that stuns, mantra of healing with spirit regen and cyclone strike that pulls mob closer. Pull them in, blind them, stun them, steam roll them. Monks can be a CC master if slotted right. Now granted I don't know how this will play out in later difficulties but it's working now.
lol. LOL.

LOL.
There are at least 3 packs you HAVE to kill in act 2. Suck it.

^Winning.
05/22/2012 05:35 AMPosted by RBeast25
Again, people are not looking at the big picture, instead, they piss and moan about it. DH=Pure DPS, Wiz= Pure DPS, Monk =Utility. Theres a lot more flxibility with a Monk than there is over a DH/ Wiz, Also your chances of surviving an "oh !@#$" moment with a monk are far better than a wiz/ Dh. See it time and time again in pubs where good ranged players get steamrolled and the Monk walks away. Your not going to get a smash everything class with the Monk, Thats not how its supposed to be. What you do get is a class thats well rounded and supports other players and can adapt to any scenario thats tossed at it. Will you die?. Yes. But chances are, so will the other class's in the givin scenario. Hands down the monk is meant to be played multiplayer more than solo but can fare in either types. I think theres alot of people are expecting too much too early without exploring th full skillsets/ runesets and really figuring them out in conjuction with each other.

QFT
05/22/2012 05:35 AMPosted by RBeast25

Completely Agreed, I'm currently taking my time in act 1 inferno to fully explore various skill sets, find out what works and what doesn't. In all actuality I'm finding that most of the defensive skills are the monks best skills, and almost all of our skills are utility in nature. To build a monk for DPS is a bad decision, most of our best DPS comes straight from our auto attacks and to survive the rest needs to be almost pure utility in nature to adapt to the situations. No class can stand infront of anything in inferno all day and expect to tank through it, monk however can afford to take a bit more of a beating more frequently than most with all of it's ability to restored lost HP as well as invulnerability.

Seven sided strike with the first rune is actually quite useful at times, using it will dish out some damage to anything near where you target and make you invulnerable, plus being able to relocate yourself with that rune allows you to fix any mismatched positioning you might have gotten against mobs, serenity is an obvious choice. Crippling wave with cyclone strike combo together nicely as it will pull anything within your damaging area of the attacks allowing you to DPS trash mobs down quickly and force ranged mobs (aside from a yellow leader mob) into your range, cyclone followed by a delayed serenity will allow you to put out 4-6 seconds of consistant damage. One with all having a side of any int/all resists and focusing on a specific resist type will bring all of your resists up more quickly and cheaper than most classes, as well as give you a higher all around resist later on if you manage to get good items of the specific type or sell off good items you don't need and purchase items you do in the AH, mix that in with mantra of healing using the final rune for a 20% boost to all resists will bring up your survivability a great deal as well. Just a few tips i've noticed on my experiments, also you want your skillset whatever it may be to have as much synergy as possible, one skill that fits out of place will drastically reduce your ability to play let alone 2 or 3 mix matched skills that don't really fit with the rest.

I will reiterate though that if you take even a moment to check the monks skills you will notice over half of them affect your allies as well, monks are meant to be utility and support and while they can tank effectively that isn't meant to be their primary role, their skills main focus is to make the rest of a party shine and keep yourself alive while you do it. With high end gear they can do what the others do but it isn't what they're meant for, I rolled a monk thinking i'd be able to solo everything and found myself at the end to be weaker in the aspects I desired, but to really bring other people up to their full potential in party play.