Witch Doctor Inferno Butcher 9 sec kill

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 23 Next
NERF NERF NERF!!! Whooooo! So fun that this entire game is now just finding a way of doing stuff just so it can be nerfed.

WOOT.
i see no reason to nerf this

for starters, it's act 1

and i doubt you can build a 5 stack MF buff with that build
Witch Doctors are the Zoidbergs of this game.

SOMEBODY IS FINALLY PAYING ATTENTION TO US!
Real hilarious stuff in this thread. All the witch doctors spewing crap like "It's only good in a hand full of situations!" "It's not an exploit, it only works if you do this and that or if you have good gear!" "It's just a clever use of an ability!" the force armor build was only good on bosses too and only a few of them at that. Still nerfed into a useless rune. The critical mass build also required good gear, nerfed into a useless passive. Enjoy it while it lasts WD's, hotfix soon.
05/25/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Boletarian
Real hilarious stuff in this thread. All the witch doctors spewing crap like "It's only good in a hand full of situations!" "It's not an exploit, it only works if you do this and that or if you have good gear!" "It's just a clever use of an ability!" the force armor build was only good on bosses too and only a few of them at that. Still nerfed into a useless rune. The critical mass build also required good gear, nerfed into a useless passive. Enjoy it while it lasts WD's, hotfix soon.

what exactly are they going to hotfix? there is nothing being exploited at all. this is something that a WD can keep up for 20 seconds while standing still. critical mass was something a mage could use to become godmode forever. see the difference?

does blizzard need to make bosses better designed to not allow a player to simply stand right infront of them and take zero dmg? probably. but thats a different issue.
Everyone is pwning act I lol. Act II is way harder. This means nothing.

Witch doctor is fine. Nothing to see here.

no theyre not. vq is an exploit that essentially turns mana into a bigass pool of arcane power. if devs wanted witch doctors to have arcane power they wouldve given them arcane power.

And I killed inferno butcher in crap gear in about 20 seconds without using VQ and using zombie bears. VQ isnt that great.

It's not an exploit, hes blowing multiple 2 minute CDs together while also having 40k+ damage. Zombie Charger: Bear is one of the only abilities in the game that hits 3 times @ 220%~ damage, the enemy has to be extremely large for you to hit them multiple times. Other draw backs are, is that it costs a ton of mana per cast. Requiring you to waste passives or 2 minute CDs just to use it for a few moments, and it's a melee range skill. Last but not least, it requires you to blow CDs for the sake of having them on CD, drastically reducing/wasting your CC/escape potential.

Edit: Forgot to include that it has a slow travel animation, fast moving monsters and those that run away from you are almost impossible to hit. All monster packs running waller or jailer hard counter this build, you NEED spirit walk and horrify.

Some Witch Doctors can see there's a problem here. It may not be as game-breaking as Force Armor or chain Smoke Screens, but it definitely merits some rethinking of how Soul Harvest, Vision Quest, and all of the WD's cooldown super skills synergize.

what does that have to do with a blatant exploit of game mechanics?
when a wiz solo inferno diablo in under 3mins it warrants a nerf because its an exploit. but when a witch solo inferno butcher in 9secs its ok?

can someone link that wizard video to me?

heres that Wiz vid of him destroying Diablo you asked for.. its post patch supposedly at that lol...

http://www.justin.tv/zytrug/b/319194200
05/25/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Invocation
Hah! That was awesome.

"That was awesome!"

"Time to go tell the developers to nerf Witch Doctors!"

Oh shut the hell up qq some where else
Every class can do this, even barbarians. Not sure why people are crying nerf because it's just unrealistic, this build is not allowing the WD to cheese their way to farming gear. The bosses themselves aren't the challenge it's the champion packs.

If you're going to cry to nerf WD cry to nerf Barbarians(a 10 second video was posted), wizards and demon hunters(they can still do this). The wow mentality of the userbase here is pathetic.
Mother of God...

It's not an exploit, you'd have to be seriously slow to think so. It does exactly what the tooltip says it does.

Now if you want to say it's overpowered then that's a different discussion, but calling it an exploit is just .....slow.
Something in there could get nerfed at some point, I don't know, but we still think it's fun for players to try to find overpowered builds and... have a little fun for a bit. That's part of the fun of the game. The bigger issues tend to be the one-off skills that are just broken. Not everything needs to be in primal fear of an immediate hotfix nerf.
05/25/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Bashiok
Something in there could get nerfed at some point, I don't know, but we still think it's fun for players to try to find overpowered builds and... have a little fun for a bit. That's part of the fun of the game. The bigger issues tend to be the one-off skills that are just broken. Not everything needs to be in primal fear of an immediate hotfix nerf.

And yet, tomorrow we'll see a witchdoctor nerf.

monk needs scaling sustain for inferno...
i see no reason to nerf this

for starters, it's act 1

and i doubt you can build a 5 stack MF buff with that build

I can't stand there in Butcher's face with a pure-DPS spec and down him in seconds anymore since the SS nerf. Neither can wizards.

The reason to nerf it is because classes that were doing this before (solely because far more people play DH/Wiz than any other class) got nerfed. To leave Barbs & WDs capable of performing similarly lulzy kills would be a contradiction of actions.

Next up: Inferno Belial kill in under 30s from both barb & WD, just like a 50k dps DH did using SS spam.

Why, so you can just nerf them?

I propose a community-wide silence on all builds. We can start up an underground exchange of information somewhere so Blizzard stops nerfing classes just because they're good.