Witch Doctor Inferno Butcher 9 sec kill

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 23 Next
05/25/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Bashiok
Something in there could get nerfed at some point, I don't know, but we still think it's fun for players to try to find overpowered builds and... have a little fun for a bit. That's part of the fun of the game. The bigger issues tend to be the one-off skills that are just broken. Not everything needs to be in primal fear of an immediate hotfix nerf.

I don't remember Force Armor being a one-off skill.
05/25/2012 03:11 PMPosted by John
Something in there could get nerfed at some point, I don't know, but we still think it's fun for players to try to find overpowered builds and... have a little fun for a bit. That's part of the fun of the game. The bigger issues tend to be the one-off skills that are just broken. Not everything needs to be in primal fear of an immediate hotfix nerf.

I, too, remember that SS spam required discipline replenishing + stacking huge discipline, and being the most immobile and fragile build possible.

SS wasn't strong by itself. It was strong when the entirety of gear and all abilities/runes were designed around it. Doesn't sound like a one-off to me, either.

Question Bashiok. You guys collect stats for other games that get sent back to Blizz. Is this the case with D3? For example, if someone never made a video of this and never said anything about it, would Blizzard know that there is a Witch Doctor out there somewhere killing Butcher on Inferno in 9 seconds?

Do you guys track average survival times of various classes through multiple difficulties, things like that?

Furthermore, critical mass required an entire set of skills dedicated to using it in the "exploitative" manner for which it was nerfed.
05/25/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Cromx
Was that awesome Bashiok? Really why is this guy a dev again?

He's a community manager, not a dev. He's also a player, so why wouldn't he think that was cool?
He got Told
05/25/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Anesthetic

If you nerf witch doctors which are basically on par if a little behind the other classes then that really shows just how much you dont know about your own game.

Count me leaving if that happens.

I don't think he said they're going to nerf, he mainly stated at some point something in there could be proven to be a bit too strong. Basically just saying you truly never know.
Question Bashiok. You guys collect stats for other games that get sent back to Blizz. Is this the case with D3? For example, if someone never made a video of this and never said anything about it, would Blizzard know that there is a Witch Doctor out there somewhere killing Butcher on Inferno in 9 seconds?

Do you guys track average survival times of various classes through multiple difficulties, things like that?

We do! I can tell you the build in the video is used by 0.1% of level 60 witch doctors (not including passives), and that it's the fifth most popular build. I don't have any survival stats on me, though. :D
ok now i officially want to play my WD
Hi Bashiok. :)

Any update on that "soonish" developer issues post that Nethaera was posting about earlier? I think a lot of us are kind of just waiting with bated breath to find out if the devs have been listening to our concerns at all (re: itemization, balance, etc).

I understand that development and tuning takes time, and that bug fixes are the #1 priority right now. I just think a little communication about what the devs feel is on the to-do list would go a long way in placating the panicked masses that the current state of the game isn't where it's going to sit forever.

Thank you.
Mhehehe...

...remember this quote once PvP is released...

Mwu ha ha ha... MWU HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...!!!

P.S. You guys working through the weekend? You know what's gonna happen to the servers (both game and AH servers) during this vacation holiday...

We do! I can tell you the build in the video is used by 0.1% of level 60 witch doctors (not including passives), and that it's the fifth most popular build. I don't have any survival stats on me, though. :D

That's pretty neat. I imagine as you accumulate more and more stats it will help to get every class on a very even playing field. I'd imagine you'd want that to be the case as much as possible anyway, for when PvP is available. (Similar to how you balance the races in SC2 with win/loss rates)
Hi Bashiok. :)

Any update on that "soonish" developer issues post that Nethaera was posting about earlier? I think a lot of us are kind of just waiting with bated breath to find out if the devs have been listening to our concerns at all (re: itemization, balance, etc).

I understand that development and tuning takes time, and that bug fixes are the #1 priority right now. I just think a little communication about what the devs feel is on the to-do list would go a long way in placating the panicked masses that the current state of the game isn't where it's going to sit forever.

Thank you.

Yeah, it hit a snag so it'll be coming on Monday. Sorry about that. :\ Enjoy the long weekend (for us 'Mericans), and we'll have a nice read for you next week.
Cool, thank you for the update.
5th most popular? But Zombie bears is the only way to do dmg as a WD in inferno. None of the other abilities hit nearly as hard.

And nothing in the build is abusing any mechanic..
05/25/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Bashiok
Hah! That was awesome.

Soooooooo....Blizzard is ok with something like this?