Teach you how to update. ;)

Technical Support
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
05/29/2012 01:50 PMPosted by TopsyKretts
Works like a charm. China people are brilliant. Using an EU copy of D3 but plays on the US server. Direct to the US patch and it does the trick. However, I changed the language selection from "blank" [actually it was "English (British)" in the EU copy] to "English" and now I have to download an additional 2.55 gb. Oh well that's my own problem now.

Was about to post this, well at least you're not alone, lol, damn curiosity...

Hahah yea probably the only difference between the EU and US copy are just the language files. And its 2.55 gb at that. Oh well gotta wait on it then.
I got a Big Problem on it, while i changed my agent.db files to enUS,
i open the game and my agent.db files change back to zhTW.

does anyone got the same problem?.

Not pretty sure what your facing, but maybe u can try this, when you have already edited, click save-as instead of save only.

because when my first attempt, i face the same problem as you as well, its still connected back to enSG. and the patch loop still pops up say i have not patch.
seems work, i already pass the second stage of server authentication, but the internet seems really slow and i am struggling to get my hero wth?
This !@#$ works. if you're scared about getting trolled then keep waiting for whatever u are waiting for. if u aint scared then do this and itll work.

1. close D3, and use Notepad open "agent.db" this file

Win7 & Vista is in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db
WinXP is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db

not the D3 game folder's agent.db (thank Darkstaf and Eliarainne)
this <ProgramData> folder is hidden!!
how to show hidden files
please read http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Show-hidden-files (it's microsoft official site, it's safe.)

2. find ALL http://****.patch.battle.net:1119/patch and change to http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

**** is your client version. (like below)
enGB
enSG
esES
deDE
frFR
itIT
plPL
zhTW
koKR
esMX
ptBR

3. restart D3 and it will update to 1.0.2.9749
Yeah I can clearly locate this file that's not the issue.
the issue is that everything was already enUS in that file (the 3 lines of them), and I have the loop hole bug too
So I can't change to enUS since it is already enUS I don't know what to do !
All good now , thanks very much!
Works.
YEAH PLZ CHANGE THE ONE IN THE BATTLENET FILE INSTEAD OF THE DIABLO 3.

I have my d3 install in the D drive as well.

But if im not wrong the battlenet file will still remain in the C Drive because i found mine going this way. Im running on Window 7

Win7 & Vista is in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db
WinXP is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db
This doesnt work if you are playing the EU servers...
OP is a legend
the issue is that everything was already enUS in that file (the 3 lines of them), and I have the loop hole bug too

CHANGE ONLY THE LINK GIVEN. Not others. Thank you.

IF still can't last resolution, will be redownloading the cilent from the battlenet servers which is 8GB. LMAO ROFL !!
so asia region is still down?
BUMP BUMP FOR SEA REGION PLEASE SEE HERE ! IT WORKS FINE. TAIWANESE ARE OP HEROES. !!
Thank you very much, this is working now.

I guess the reason why they didn't reveal this. They thought all Asian play only Asian server.

CHANGE ONLY THE LINK GIVEN. Not others. Thank you.

IF still can't last resolution, will be redownloading the cilent from the battlenet servers which is 8GB. LMAO ROFL !!

Yea man go easy on white powder and thanks for your uselessness
Big ups for this. 2 of my lines were pointing to the US server, but the third was pointing the the GB patch server. Nice catch!
where is Launcher.db
Ugh I don't know whether it's my net or not, but I'm downloading that language pack at 90 kb/s
My region (in my account, my billing address, etc) is set to Canada. I wonder why Battle.net autoselected enGB for me.
Doesnt work for me .. It's said "Fail to loads tools"