Error 37?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 94 Next
05/29/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Vex
I was in the middle of questing then got booted... now I can't log back in.... but at least nobody is pirating the game, right!!!

They assured us it's because the servers are full.

So I guess someone more important wanted to play so you got kicked.

I wonder how much a reserved slot for a month token would go for on the auction house...
05/29/2012 08:43 PMPosted by ToxicTerror
People complain all the time about how much the game sucks but they still play........

The game is great, the service sucks.

It's like going to a good restaurant, but having the worst waitress ever. The food might taste good, but if it takes two hours to get it people are going to get frustrated.

I'm having the same error. Bovine excrement. Always online was supposed to make the game better. The AH is pretty cool when it's actually working fully, unfortunately that's about the only positive of the always-online.
I don't mind scheduled maintenance. I don't mind emergency maintenance. I can even understand significant (12+ hours) downtime while bugs are fixed, and content repaired to help in the enjoyment of the game for all customers.

What I DO mind is lack of server space to accommodate demand. Blizzard knows through market research the likely number of customers, and hell, they shipped the games worldwide. To be woefully unprepared for consumer demand is frankly inexcusable. And to place a clause in the Terms of Service that directly absolves Blizzard of the responsibility to even provide the service to play the game tells me that this reaction wasn't unexpected (it's a little boiler-plate in its language, but remember, you need to accept the Terms of Service in order to even play).

I understand the reasoning behind making the game tied to an online account, and I understand the reasoning behind making the game played on a server. But if you REQUIRE consumers to log in to your server(s) to even access the gameplay, you have a responsibility to provide adequate server capacity to account for the (now) known demand.

Error 37 makes me feel like I've been conned by Blizzard into buying a game/service that they cannot deliver.

Fix it please.

/rant
seriously fix this blizzard. im not the type to play all day; i actually work 9-5 and it would be nice to be able to play after a hard days work. sheesh.
05/29/2012 08:52 PMPosted by DSJester
niceeee hardcore act 4 and game just stops, probably dead now.........

I would be pissed....

not dead, man that scared me
what happen to the first 36 errors?
05/29/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Jtown

They didn't work on the game for 10 years. Get over yourself.

....I thought it was 12 years...

Yes, they worked on the game for 10+ years.

Wikipedia says 11 years ... "Development on Diablo III began in 2001" The reference is a link to waybackmachine though, which archives a non-existent blizzard page. Who knows really....

I'm getting error 37 too though.
well, guess I'll call it a night then.... hopefully I can play tomorrow.

Let's just be thankful that bliz has restricted itself to gaming... Imagine flying at 10000ft when all of the sudden the airtraffic control system shuts down because there are too many planes in the air, then the jet's engines turn off because they lost their constant connection to the tower, which while it has prevented people from pirating airplanes, does cause the odd inconvenience or two....

win
its UP !!!
Ha ha ha was just thinking. What if the whole thing is intended? Error 37 etc.

I thought that ok they made money from selling the box. Fine. But they cannot keep the servers running for the next years and years without income and it eating into the original profit of selling the box.

So how about selling the boxes, make millions, then the game is 'broken'..... sorry.
Login is being impacted by the number of players coming online after having downloaded the patch and accepting the Terms of Use. Unfortunately, the extra steps necessary to patch the game and log in is generating a lot of "Error 37" prompts for players.

We're working to fix this as soon as possible and hope to smooth out the patching process for Diablo III going forward.

You can find more information here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5573699157#1

Error 37 has been coming up for awhile now. You should really fix this.
Login is being impacted by the number of players coming online after having downloaded the patch and accepting the Terms of Use. Unfortunately, the extra steps necessary to patch the game and log in is generating a lot of "Error 37" prompts for players.

We're working to fix this as soon as possible and hope to smooth out the patching process for Diablo III going forward.

How exactly? If it is merely an issue with newly patched client logins what would need fixing? Wouldn't it simply be a queue matter that a time table could be slapped on? I.e. - We are experiencing 10,000 logins a second and can only handle 8,000 and we expect to have open access within 6-8 hours based on historical information.

Just got logged in.. We'll see how long it lasts this time...

And now the auction house is saying it doesn't have my payment info.
I just want to use the product I bought. That's all. Imagine if car manufacturers operated the same as blizzard.