I'm a Norse Deity and my Account Got Hacked

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
lol, good one. having more fun tonight on the forums than i've had in 2 weeks (minus server downtime) of diablow 3
This is the best post ever.
05/31/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Zarhym
All your false idols are belong to us.

why would you want them
05/31/2012 08:51 PMPosted by brinebold
This applies to Windows as well. We pay for the right to use Windows, not own it. No one reads EULA's.

I'm pretty sure the world would stop turning if people started reading EULAs. Have you seen the crap that gets put in those things?

I'm still waiting for one of the following sentences to show up in a EULA:

1) You agree that this contract was signed and is enforceable in country X where violation of this EULA is a capital offense.
2) Have you actually read this thing?
3) Please help me! I've been kidnapped and chained to a desk in the basement of a law firm where I'm forced to write EULAs for 18x7 shifts. Please send the police to 110 E Main St Springfield, IL.
4) I can't believe people actually agree to this.
5) Just skip this and check the box. You know you want to.
6) The party of the first part, henceforth known as 'user' shall relinquish all rights to the property commonly known as his/her soul upon request of the party of the second part, henceforth known as 'Satan, Inc.' after a period of at least 6 years from the time of this agreement.

“Along with the standard computer warranty agreement which said that if the machine 1) didn't work, 2) didn't do what the expensive advertisements said, 3) electrocuted the immediate neighborhood, 4) and in fact failed entirely to be inside the expensive box when you opened it, this was expressly, absolutely, implicitly and in no event the fault or responsibility of the manufacturer, that the purchaser should consider himself lucky to be allowed to give his money to the manufacturer, and that any attempt to treat what had just been paid for as the purchaser's own property would result in the attentions of serious men with menacing briefcases and very thin watches. Crowley had been extremely impressed with the warranties offered by the computer industry, and had in fact sent a bundle Below to the department that drew up the Immortal Soul agreements, with a yellow memo form attached just saying: 'Learn, guys...”
― Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett, Good Omens: the nice and accurate prophecies of Agnes Nutter, witch
frankly they should
a) offer you a refund and immediate deletion of your account.
b) or nothing done if you have been hacked without a valid working authenticator.

it will certainly save on the QQ'ing.

also, they really should advertise the authenticator option more.

"Leah: you should get an authenticator.."
"Scoundrel: yes, I keylogged a whole bunch of players and they didn't have authenticators. come visit my website to buy gold.."

IN GAME.
http://i.imgur.com/vqYuG.gif
Probably the best post I have seen on the Diablo 3 forums. :)
Shouldn't of downloaded hack programs or looked at noobish sites. 2/10
assuming its just a fun post because it says he has an authenticator. Then again if i get hacked somehow even though i have an authenticator... i guess i'll call blizzard..

frankly they should
a) offer you a refund and immediate deletion of your account.
b) or nothing done if you have been hacked without a valid working authenticator.

it will certainly save on the QQ'ing.

also, they really should advertise the authenticator option more.

"Leah: you should get an authenticator.."
"Scoundrel: yes, I keylogged a whole bunch of players and they didn't have authenticators. come visit my website to buy gold.."

IN GAME.

brilliant idea
Post of the month, at least. Lost it at ravens bringing news of the world.
Lols at you getting compromised, Odin.
I don't get it...
youre not funny.

0/10

Im a mere mortal from Midgaard and Ive not been hacked yet. How do you feel now?
+2 for effort
-1 for forgetting session ID spoofing conspiracy

I'm afraid I must concur. A mere 99% for you, sir.

Still the best "I got hacked" post ever, tho.
stephen hawking one still the best, shame it got deleted
Quite witty indeed

9/10
The "I got hacked" war has been won, you can all go home now.