Inferno Difficulty - Hard or Not?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Just another post about D3 Inferno Difficulty; as a quick answer; it is a bit over tuned. I enjoy a hard game, and I love that i have issues killing stuff; however blatantly put the mobs hit far to hard. They need to tweak the mobs so they do not hit as hard, but gives more punishment for standing in AoE abilities... The game is hard, but its a bad kind of hard; it is the kind of hard that is just difficult because no matter what gear you get, you will still die within 1-3 shots... and thats being fully "tank" geared and spec.ed. Sure the game was completed... however they skipped mobs... and if they did not skip mobs, they are probably a Wizard. So, what do you guys think, keep it how it is, nerf it all together, or just nerf the damage but buff the AoE (avoidable) damage. Personally I say make avoidable damage hit harder and other damage not as hard.

As a precautionary measure to the people that will say I don't know what I am talking about, yes, I am in Inferno, Act 3 to be specific. Yes I am a demon hunter and yes a use 12 second Immune to kill adds before they one shot me, and yes I have put in my due time farming lesser mobs to get gear.

Edit: I personally am not crying about the difficulty; I just see how difficult it is and see that its not a good kind of difficult. I feel everyones pain.
There is "Hard" and there is "Bull!@#$."

Inferno is the latter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlIfuQhISVs

Welcome to Inferno.
As I said in another thread...

Hello! Welcome to Inferno Difficulty, where the demons are the heroes and you are the loot pinata.

Inferno is not supposed to be a walk in the park. If you're dying a lot, it's working as intended.
As I said in another thread...

Hello! Welcome to Inferno Difficulty, where the demons are the heroes and you are the loot pinata.

Inferno is not supposed to be a walk in the park. If you're dying a lot, it's working as intended.

^Never played Inferno and possibly hasn't played Hell either^

05/21/2012 05:44 AMPosted by Tyler
seeing as how folks have already defeated inferno diablo, maybe the problem lies elswhere?

They died, ran 10 feet, died, ran 10 feet, died...

This is how they got to Diablo if you didn't know. The bosses themselves are fine, its the instagib elite packs that are broken.

But they were not able to actually beat the game, they corpse hopped through it.
seeing as how folks have already defeated inferno diablo, maybe the problem lies elswhere?

Not by barbs solo. Good luck with that.
05/21/2012 05:45 AMPosted by doob
Never played Inferno and possibly hasn't played Hell either^

everyone is aware that we are supposed to gear up for about a month or two before playing inferno right? it's been nearly a week since the game came out, so if you're in inferno already then thats your first mistake, you rushed through the rest of the game to get there and now you're stuck up sh*t creek because you didnt take the time to get a paddle,

gear grind in act IV Hell for a couple of weeks until you can gear grind in act I and/or II Inferno, then do that for a couple of months and if you STILL cant handle it THEN you can cry for nerfing.

:)

everyone is aware that we are supposed to gear up for about a month or two before playing inferno right? it's been nearly a week since the game came out, so if you're in inferno already then thats your first mistake, you rushed through the rest of the game to get there and now you're stuck up sh*t creek because you didnt take the time to get a paddle,

gear grind in act IV Hell for a couple of weeks until you can gear grind in act I and/or II Inferno, then do that for a couple of months and if you STILL cant handle it THEN you can cry for nerfing.

So you have literally no idea what you're talking about. You think it's about gear, people have the best gear available and have to corpse hop through the game. Seriously, please get a clue before arguing. You're assuming you know better, you don't and anyone with actual experience will tell you the same thing. Oh and melee isn't viable in Inferno currently.

Why talk about things which you know nothing about?
The issue, that I see a lot of people that don't understand ( I assume because they have not seen it first hand) is that grinding gear for 2-8 months, will NOT make Inferno even 5% easier. The game is over tuned in the wrong areas, avoidable damage is avoidable and unavoidable damage is one shotting people. With the best armor you can get Pre-Act II Inferno even if you had the BEST gear, you would still be 2-3 shot... The mobs simply hit way to hard.
So you have literally no idea what you're talking about. You think it's about gear, people have the best gear available and have to corpse hop through the game. Seriously, please get a clue before arguing. You're assuming you know better, you don't and anyone with actual experience will tell you the same thing. Oh and melee isn't viable in Inferno currently.

Why talk about things which you literally know nothing about?

I just think it's possible that we dont really know what the best gear IS at this stage since the game is barely out of it's infancy,

and i don't think melee is MEANT to be viable in inferno currently, considering Inferno was intended to make your brain bleed from frustration,

that said, if in six months time Inferno is still not a viable option without corpse hopping I'll come back to this thread and eat my words :)

They also used a wizard to teleport past about 90% of acts 2 and 4 and just fought the required bosses who are absurdly easier than the champions. If you've actually played Act 2 or 4 Inferno you would know how absurdly broken they are compared to Act 1 or 3.

4k HP wizards, 700 all resist monks, WD bear spam, 75 second barbs and 30k DPS DHs are all obvious design oversights, and extremely pigeonholed specs for Inferno.

Everything wrong with Inferno difficulty is just crappy game design. Almost everything in Inferno is untankable, yet mobs that are naturally Fast still hit for 20k. Units that can fly are allowed to spawn with Waller. High Health and Damage Reflect is a possible combination (spoiler: you'll get the debuff and die if the pack is naturally high HP.)

EVERYTHING wrong with inferno is that it is not balanced at all to compensate for completely un-killable affix + innate mob combinations. It's unrewarding, it's time consuming and tedious, and above all, it's not even hard, it's just stupid.
Why there is soo many threads about inferno too hard. Stop craying it's made to be hard if it's was easy for everyone and you just need better gear poeple will complain they buy a easy game they can finish in a week.

Now it's too hard for some person. You have a hard time to finish it. Well it's good like that it suppose to be hard soo everybody wont go and finish it easily at the second they buy all there super heavy gear.

Maybe it's will take you a month to finish because it's hard and it perfectly fine like that.
05/21/2012 05:48 AMPosted by doob
people have the best gear available

Hahahahahaha, no.

Never played on hell or inferno have you? If you had, you'd know the challenge is champions, not act bosses. People rushed through quests, skipping everything, for the sake of getting these "world firsts", which are utterly meaningless because the most challenging parts of the game are some of the more crazy champion packs.

05/21/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Pigeon

Sure, saying that there's gearing up to do for inferno is fair. The problem is, if you have semi-decent gear, and inferno trash mobs are literally capable of 2 shotting you (not to mention champions), you start to question whether or not gear really will fix it. Right now two classes thrive in inferno, one because it can spend extended periods of time being entirely immune to damage, and the other because it can limit damage taken to 1/3rd of their total HP. Believe me, I've turned off energy armor as wiz, and I was getting hit for over 20k by random trash mobs (the little leaping guys in Act 2 that are almost impossible to avoid when there's bunch).

That's the reason people have a hard time accepting the gear will fix it thing. It's not like they're running in, and dying in 30 seconds saying "Dang, I need some more gear to survive this long enough". They're running in, and dying in 3 and thinking "Ok so if I double my hp or mitigation, I'll die in 6 seconds instead, awesome".
05/21/2012 06:01 AMPosted by Gab
Why there is soo many threads about inferno too hard.

Because it's "Hard" in all the wrong ways as numerous people have pointed out.

They need to nerf the rares/packs and buff the bosses to be unstoppable killing machines instead. There's nothing fun about exploiting to win against the lottery.

Edit: Also, I could deal with wiping endlessly to butcher/belial/etc on inferno because they're fun mechanic-based fights (But you don't because they're easy). There is no player interaction with many of the affix rare packs in act 2 and onward. It's a dice roll until you die.

And even if you somehow kite amazingly against a vortex/teleport/jailer/invulnerable minions without getting 1-shot, you'll die to "Out of time" before you kill it.

Unless of course you exploit which is SO fun right?
copied a u tube comment but i agree

Im not on inferno yet, so I might be very wrong, but from my experience with my barb ( hell act 2) I can tell you : don't stay in range of mortar enchanted enemies. Go close to them, they can only use mortar at range. Use ground stomp with the rune that pulls them toghether so they will always be close to one another and none can use mortar on you.
05/21/2012 06:06 AMPosted by Daphodil
There's nothing fun about exploiting to win against the lottery.

Pretty much this.

The difficulty and time investment is not worth the effort since you still need to luck into drops. People botted in D2 because it was a trivial task you had to do a million times to get anything good. In D3, it's a non-trivial task that yields even worse rewards than D2 ever did.
people have the best gear available

Hahahahahaha, no.

Are you aware of the person who killed Diablo. They had teams farming. Blues are better than legendaries.

Did you know any of this? Do you know anything about the max level game? It's pretty messed up atm.

I just think it's possible that we dont really know what the best gear IS at this stage since the game is barely out of it's infancy,

and i don't think melee is MEANT to be viable in inferno currently, considering Inferno was intended to make your brain bleed from frustration,

that said, if in six months time Inferno is still not a viable option without corpse hopping I'll come back to this thread and eat my words :)

I don't think you realize the extent of the problem. Itemization is broken and you can't play melee in inferno period. People could have twice the stats and still not melee. Certain affix on elites create no win situations for all except Wiz (teleport). It won't stay this way for 6 months. Anyways, get some experience before chiming in, thanks.

People with no clue saying "Oh no everything is fine" are annoying.