Necromancer Character

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Necromancer was the most horribly boring, effortless, easy mode gameplay ever.
I'm glad he's gone. I know it sucks for the people with downs who loved that kind of thing, but whatever.

Necros in D2 killed slower, provided a little more strategic gameplay, but they were safer too, and were balanced just fine. I liked playing a minion necro.
I want to summon a horde of skeletons!
Wait, you haven't found the Necromancer yet? He is the student of the D2 Necro.

He's already in the game.
I think the Witch Doctor is okay, I like the Casters in Diablo III. I would not mind seeing the Necromancer return; I don't think it'd hurt. I liked the Necromancer of Diablo II and it would be interesting to see what it's like in Diablo III; but how would it be reimagined when we have the Witch Doctor?

Really, for me what I loved about Necromancer was Poison Nova, Bone Wall, and... that Revive skill that brings back enemies that are dark and fight for you. Most of all I like the concept of a character that uses dead bodies. Corpse Explosion would fit well here, especially with the physics.
05/29/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Ooeiooeioo
If the witch doctor had pets that were usable past nightmare he might do the trick. I would rather summon skeletons and golems though.

The witch doctor summons zombies and golems (the gargantuan is a golem)
05/29/2012 03:53 PMPosted by RyanZ
I am biased of course, but D2 characters DESTROY D3. Granted druid kind of sucked and didn't fit as well ino the diablo universe as the others. Would have been 100 times happier if they just gave us the 5 from d2. Amazon cooler than DH, Sorc cooler than Wiz, Paladin cooler than monk, Necro cooler than wd, barb = barb. Just my opinion.

The same reason the number of minions are reduced in D3 from 50+ in D2 is the same reason the Demon Hunter's multi-shot is pathetic and boring.

For every arrow shot in D2 you are sending the server:

1) Arrow orientation
2) Arrow speed

Now multiply that by 30 arrows rapidly shooting.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
05/29/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Katsie
Really, for me what I loved about Necromancer was Poison Nova, Bone Wall, and... that Revive skill that brings back enemies that are dark and fight for you. Most of all I like the concept of a character that uses dead bodies. Corpse Explosion would fit well here, especially with the physics.

The Witch doctor has ALL of these skills (excepting revive). He can do corpse explosion (sacrifice). He can do Poison Nova (Acid Rain). He can do Bone Wall (Wall of Zombies).
If the necromancer came back, It would have to change drastically to fit the new skill system. at least, you wouldn't be able to have as many minions. but the minions you could have would be able to do different things.

also, i would much rather see the druid come back.
The only good thing about the witch doctor is the male voice acting
It's a Witch Doctor. This isn't D2 II.
yeah character wise this is the one thing that made me upset. The witch doctor isn't near as dark or interesting of a character compared to the Necromancer. This is a step backwards in my opinion, sure he can summon zombie dogs and insects. It feels more like watered down version of the D2 necromancer and he is not as versatile either. Plus having all the bone spells was very cool and I miss it enormously
05/29/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Masquerade

The Witch doctor has ALL of these skills (excepting revive). He can do corpse explosion (sacrifice). He can do Poison Nova (Acid Rain). He can do Bone Wall (Wall of Zombies).

Sacrificing your already gimped zombie dogs <3
I'd like to sit here and help you beat this dead horse but other than the fact our summons are a lot weaker than in D2 I like the WD better than the necro :P
05/29/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Ooeiooeioo
If the witch doctor had pets that were usable past nightmare he might do the trick. I would rather summon skeletons and golems though.

I am currently in Hell Mode Act 3 using the WD with 4 dogs and the Zombie Giant. Been running the WD like this since the start. I am having no Problems running solo. I am hearing Inferno will be a different story but guess i will see.
WD pets are more like druid pets, with less survivability... so lets not start with the WD nonsense eh?

There are actually 3 Necros in the game now. Jondar, who you kill with the Templar when you first meet him. The living necromancer for the event, he has 2 skellys with him. The third is the dying necro, similar event but no skellys and hes on the ground dying, lol.

I think they will add Necro in xpac, they made the 2 in the events 'good' just like they wanted all the characters to be. They have a lot of the spells already in the game that could go for a Necro and take the rest from D2. Bone Wall is only able to be dispelled by your templar when you meet him. Jondar casts psn nova, the one event already has the skellys. They could easily do a necromancer, and make TONS AND TONS of people happy. I have issues with the game but my biggest disappointment with the game is no necromancer. I was really hoping the WD would be able to pull off something similar but pets are junk later on so that doesn't work out well. I hate paying for DLC, in ANY from, but if they did a necromancer for some kind of DLC, i would buy it in a heartbeat.

I dont liking helping the event necros anymore, just out of spite that i cant be one, lol.

quick edit - WD pets CAN be usable lateron but you NEED a shield and you have to have 4 of them, havent got mine into inferno but i can see one champ pack eating them up instantly. Would be shocked and amazed if they work at all in inferno without sacrificing lots of stuff just to have them.
I would be very surprised if the necromancer wasn't included in one of the upcoming expansions. The witch doctor isn't anything like the necromancer. The necromancer has curses, skeletons, golems, piercing bone projectiles, ways to upgrade minions, bone traps and various other spells.

I don't see how they could go through the trouble of making necromancer lore and a necromancer model and not including a necromancer.

Diablo 3 needs a pet class and a mana-using melee. Expect a necromancer and a pally in the upcoming expansions.