Stats to focus on

Demon Hunter
I was just wondering as a DH what stats would i want to be looking for while buying equipment (int. dex. vit. ect.), my role usually the back lines in online play but i do encounter a lot of monsters and want to survive.
Lots and lots of Dex/Vita.
More dex than vit, imo. You only need enough vit to not get one shot, practice your kiting and you can stack dex more than vit.
05/19/2012 01:55 AMPosted by Syn

Maybe for Normal/Nightmare and to some degree early in Hell, but later on (Act III and IV) Vita is next to useless. I tried the HP stacking method and got up to around 37k, but still found myself getting 1 and 2 shot by Corrupted Angels and other random damage.

Since then I've swapped to stacking Resistance to All Elements, right now I have 244 as my lowest and 307 max and around 23k HP. I can now practically tank Diablo on Hell and Inferno monsters do massively reduced damage.

TL;DR: Resistance > Vitality
Alrigth thanks guys
05/19/2012 02:00 AMPosted by Lava

Maybe for Normal/Nightmare and to some degree early in Hell, but later on (Act III and IV) Vita is next to useless. I tried the HP stacking method and got up to around 37k, but still found myself getting 1 and 2 shot by Corrupted Angels and other random damage.

Since then I've swapped to stacking Resistance to All Elements, right now I have 244 as my lowest and 307 max and around 23k HP. I can now practically tank Diablo on Hell and Inferno monsters do massively reduced damage.

TL;DR: Resistance > Vitality

Unless you're willing to drop several hundred thousand on the AH or are obscenely lucky, good luck finding good Dex/Resist All gear while leveling through Hell. Pure Dex/Vita gear is much more affordable and carrying me along quite fine in late Act 3.
Ill be looking for that dex/ vit gear then, and Syn what weapon do you use? im using dw just because i herd there the weapons to use for a dh, but do you got any suggesntions
Hatred Regen and Movement Speed are my friends.
05/19/2012 02:42 AMPosted by Zulfigar
Ill be looking for that dex/ vit gear then, and Syn what weapon do you use? im using dw just because i herd there the weapons to use for a dh, but do you got any suggesntions

Dual wielding alternates between your two weapons, and applies a 15% attack speed bonus. This means that unless your second weapon has at least as much damage as the first, and a ton of stats; you're better off buying a good quiver and going Bow/Crossbow+Quiver or 1H Cbow+Quiver.