Blue Respone as to why Blues>Legendaries etc?

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
I don't mean to complain, but why are their blues, and rares that are better if not just as good as legendaries. Idk what to think I can't think blizzard is that foolish to let something like that happen...Anyone please fill me in I'm not trolling j/w :/
I keep hearing this, but can anyone actually link the items or give an example?

I am interested to see what two items your comparing.
Since it's an "auction" house, shouldn't the prices tend to be just about exactly right relative to the in-game economy?
Blizzard should have hired Blizzard North guys to help them with D3, because the loot system is the biggest ball drop I've ever seen in a game.

Seriously, wtf. This is what comes from a 6 year development cycle? No one thought to look at the loot system in those 6 years and say "Uhh, hey guys, this loot system is garbage....maybe we should do something about it?"
05/19/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Speusippus
Since it's an "auction" house, shouldn't the prices tend to be just about exactly right relative to the in-game economy?
This isn't a thread complaining that blues are selling for more, this is a thread complaining that legendaries are worthless in comparison. Magical items beating out blues feels very off.
Intended design is for an end-game characters to have a mixture of set/legendary, rare, and crafted items.

Legendary items are commonly not going to be the best items. It's a title that denotes a named item, with set stats, and a unique model. It does not mean they're the best items.

Completely random rares will be the best items in the game if they roll up the right stats.
yeah i agree i just wanted to add to what you are saying here there are infact no set items were all the items are as a set that have added extras for haveing 2-full set of each item and i agree that they did drop the ball on the gear and all that
Intended design is for an end-game characters to have a mixture of set/legendary, rare, and crafted items.

Legendary items are commonly not going to be the best items. It's a title that denotes a named item, with set stats, and a unique model. It does not mean they're the best items.

Completely random rares will be the best items in the game if they roll up the right stats.

So is this to stop from having everyone using the same items?
I don't think I'd want to have Legendaries outright be better than every other item in the game. If that were the case every char would look and wear the exact same equipment.
idk to me i dont think they ment to nerf the items these bad idk i just hope that they will add stuff like that in updates
Legendaries aren't better than average blues.

Grandfather 645 dps, i've seen 1handers with more dps.

How does this make any sense at all to anyone in the world?

It doesn't make any sense to me.
05/19/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Fortyyards
the fact that legendary stats are about as random as rare stats is a big turn-off to me. i think they should have some stability in their identity. not liking this game so far

I couldn't disagree with you more. Having some randomization even on Legendaries allows for non-optimal affixes, which in turn allows for "perfect" Legendaries. That spread means that finding a Legendary doesn't mean it's the best it can ever be. That's what makes the item hunt exciting. Items with predetermined stats is not what this game is about.
A blue should never be on par with a legendary of equal level.

Bring back the D2 loot system.

Yes, we all know the "rares will possibly be better then legendary items" reply.

The problem is legendary items are complete garbage currently. It was fun to find a great legendary in D2. It is no fun to find rares. It isn't hard to understand, legendaries should be much, much better then they are, and there should be more of them.

Common, Blue weapons having double the damage on them then the "best" legendary weapons is a broken design, if your goal is to make a fun game.
05/19/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Bashiok
the fact that legendary stats are about as random as rare stats is a big turn-off to me. i think they should have some stability in their identity. not liking this game so far

I couldn't disagree with you more. Having some randomization even on Legendaries allows for non-optimal affixes, which in turn allows for "perfect" Legendaries. That spread means that finding a Legendary doesn't mean it's the best it can ever be. That's what makes the item hunt exciting. Items with predetermined stats is not what this game is about.

Exactly this.